Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-07-2022, 10:57   #16
Beacon of light

Re: What have we come to?

Less, that is a very good post.
I don’t know about you, but my circle of friends is getting smaller.
I have friends of different backgrounds and not all are white…but most of them, like me are getting on in years and some of the very best ones are no longer with us…..and they cannot be replaced.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-07-2022, 19:16   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Out having a pint earlier and the landlord put the women's open golf on, not the sort of thing I would normally watch.
After about an hour I realised I hadn't seen a black woman's face during the whole time I was watching, but there again, when all the women are wearing tight shorts or short skirts... who is looking at their faces?

Somehow, I don't think I'll ever be a woke sort of person, but by heck, I'll always be a fella!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2022, 20:09   #18
Beacon of light

I would imagine a hijab and a burka would really handicap your swing.
Also while I am not a fan of football….especially women’s football, there are no non white faces in that team either….Burkas again??

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 21-07-2022 at 20:11.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2022, 22:46   #19

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Out having a pint earlier and the landlord put the women's open golf on, not the sort of thing I would normally watch.
After about an hour I realised I hadn't seen a black woman's face during the whole time I was watching, but there again, when all the women are wearing tight shorts or short skirts... who is looking at their faces?

Somehow, I don't think I'll ever be a woke sort of person, but by heck, I'll always be a fella!
Hmm..have you thought about why you sat there having a quiet beer and noticed the lack of a black face?

Bear with me....

Supermarkets used to have sweets by the checkout, then the health police come along and claim this causes childhood obesity (completely ignoring the bad parents who are unable to say to their children 'NO')..but hey the supermarkets kowtow and......there is still an issue with childhood obesity (who would have thought that bad parenting would transfer the lack of sweets to Big Macs and KFC..go figure)

And now instead of the Health police we have the Equality/Diversity gang spouting similar misinformation. The constant media bombardment is causing everyone to look for diversity (including our resident Grouch) without actually thinking about WHY!

Like the majority in this area….I don’t care about the colour or the race of the person who scores the winning goal, gets the try, serves the ace etc..
And as someone who has lived all my life in Lancashire, skin colour doesn’t register with me at all.

Media crap..and in particular the woeful BBC and that halfwit multi-millionaire Lineker on twitter would have us all as little Englanders who hate equality…they are the ones who make us question why aren’t there black faces in tennis, golf and womens football…..

Less….rest easy mate…Tiger Woods is black….if there was an equivalent female, rest assured if there is a black female golfer out there, many money grubbing agents with access to people with appropriate marketing skills are about to be coining it in...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that there is money to be made here....just enjoy your pint
taddy likes this.
Old 22-07-2022, 07:30   #20
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
After about an hour I realised I hadn't seen a black woman's face during the whole time I was watching,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Hmm..have you thought about why you sat there having a quiet beer and noticed the lack of a black face?

If you read it again with equality glasses on you'll see that I didn't notice any white faces either, I just wasn't looking at faces.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..