Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2022, 07:56   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: What, no posts for three days.

think yer wrong mate? most people know what this forum is.
Less likes this.
Old 11-08-2022, 09:48   #17

Ryewolf I agree that it can be off-putting to see mostly football stuff on Accyweb especially if this is of no interest, but it is also a bit deflating to the person starting a new thread on a different subject when this doesn’t get many followers or contributors. So instead of turning away from the site it is a pity that more people don’t do their bit to keep the party going, as it were, and join in with comments on the threads that are not related to football, or start new ones.

Starting new ones would ensure subject matters were more evened out, and for me personally, even though some of mine have gone down like lead balloons it will not put me off from keep on trying, or posting to others.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 09:56   #18
Beacon of light

Yes, the people who come here regularly do know that the forum has othe sections, but someone unfamiliar with the forum, who has no interest in football may indeed not visit again.
Cashy you are a Stanley fan so you have a sort of bias….but you, unlike many others who come to the forum for the Stanley section, DO post on other things so you are an exception.

I log in most days, but when there are only threads that relate to football….I go away again.
Yes…of course….I COULD post a new thread, but it is the same core of people who seem to contribute to these and new posts are soon drowned by the Stanley threads.

Now, please do not get me wrong….it is good that people are passionate about the club, but surely they have other interests too…or there could be something in one of the none Stanley threads that would interest them….we don’t know because they might look, but do not post.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 10:39   #19

Ryewolf, you are definitely one of the people who do their share of keeping the party going with your beautiful photos, and from the responses you get it is very apparent that your efforts are much appreciated. You also bring back a lot of lovely memories for people.

Last edited by dotti34; 11-08-2022 at 10:42.
dotti34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..