Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2004, 20:53   #46
Accy Goddess

Re: Who Is Fed Up With Football?

It was Anne that started it yessssssss.
Anne is still complaining yes.
Not just football but the whole sporting thing.
I hate sport or anything else for that matter that interfears with my soaps.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-07-2004, 21:36   #47

Fret not wee lass, the 2004 Olympics will be on....soon.
Mexican wave anyone ?
Old 02-07-2004, 07:28   #48
Senior Member+

Well i have heard that Saddam Hussein has been sebtenced to the death penalty.Problem being it will be David Beckham taking it.
Old 02-07-2004, 15:20   #49
Apprentice Geriatric

No matter what the BBC does WillowTheWisp we will still have to pay for a licence to view TV programmes. Even if the good old Beeb packs in and goes away we will still have to pay for a licence to view something from the rest.
If the BBC started to show adverts paid for by the advertiser it wouldn’t necessarily mean that the BBC would have more money. This or any government would just reduce the funding.

Did you know that when you buy a new telly the retailer sends your name and address to the licensing authority?
Old 02-07-2004, 15:54   #50
God Member

The real discussion should be "do we need a BBC or do we not?......If we don't need a BBC,then we don't need a licence fee, do we? Personally, I have no time for the BBC whatsoever, be it for the rubbish like East Enders, Radio 1 or the politically-correct drivel that passes for the news programmes. I find it absolutely amazing that this organisation with it's overt left-wing agenda can nevertheless justify it's funding by what is effectively a poll tax with the license fee. Hypocritical B*****s!

Never mind. I'm proud to say I don't have a license and have no intention of getting one. I occaisionally get a letter from Bristol (which I mark "Return to Gestapo HQ" and stick in in the letter box) or an ominous knock at the door. But so what? Hopefully, all this nonsnse will cease in a few years when the BBC Charter renewal comes up and we can dispense with the whole shoddy mess.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 02-07-2004 at 16:15.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..