Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2004, 09:57   #16

Re: Who Is Fed Up With Football?

Yes but this is the only time of the year that football is on, on normal T.V. Rest of time its on SKY.
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-06-2004, 10:13   #17
God Member

I'm not fed up with the footy - just would rather be watching Stanley than England but at least the European Championships will put us on till real football is back in August. Roll on the start of the new season!!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 11:09   #18

Come on guys, I wouldn't mind betting that most houses have more than one TV in the house. Nearly every home must have at least two in this day and age. Surely everybody can watch what they want, just not together.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 13:05   #19

I totally agree with anne here, i want to know why is it they are paid so much? people do damn far harder jobs than them yet, earn a pittence for what they do and half the time no apreciation what so ever.
ellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 13:08   #20
God Member

What makes you think they get paid for hard work ? Skill is what they get paid for and the amount of people in the country who have that skill or can be found. Like a singer gets paid well. we can all sing but you wouldn't pay to hear me thats for sure
Old 16-06-2004, 13:17   #21
God Member

Exactly. This England team is completely inept, a disgrace to the flag and morally bankrupt to boot.......how anyone can justify paying a guy in a week what 4 nurses would earn in a year is totally beyond me........our priorities are completely wrong. In Rugby, wage levels are capped...the guys have a longer season and the punishment they take is something wimps like Beckham could not possibly imagine.

I saw that those clowns at Gillette paid him £250,000 to advertise him shaving his "beard". Outrageous.....he dose'nt even have a beard - just a bit of bum fluff. Anyway, sod Gillette - I'll never use their razors again, ever. Wilkinsons sSword, now - for me, for life.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 13:23   #22
Senior Member+

these players are gonna take whats offered, if you know you can get 250,000 for doing nothing your not gonna rake an offer of 10,000 are you?

as for rugby, IMO no skill required just a bit of speed and to be a hard "person"

and im sure rugby players will take whatever they can get too.

as for soaps, i cant see how people can be so "into" them that they can moan when somthing real comes on instead.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 13:32   #23
God Member

The difference is Accy, England are the world champions in Rugby....whereas in footy we cannot even progress beyong the opening stage of this micky mouse tournament...as far skills - do you seriously think kicking the oval ball is easier than kicking a round ball?

Talking about footballs.......whatever happened to real leather footballs? Are those still available? I don't know what it is they're kicking around in the Euro games, but they're definatly not footballs....they look like partially inflated silver-coloured condoms to me.
Old 16-06-2004, 16:39   #24
mez
God Member

i see weve got yet ANOTHER FORUM on the bl---y game FOOTBALL // i think id rather call it F-- BALL////
Old 16-06-2004, 17:06   #25
God Member

Yeah....where's Plod? Typical - they're never around when you need 'em. Come on, Plod - get this dumped into the football thread alongside all the other England footy rubbish.
Old 16-06-2004, 17:50   #26
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Who Is Fed Up With Football?

well what happend in the world cup we got to the quarter final
Old 16-06-2004, 18:30   #27

the English footy team are inept - er....wasn't it our rugby team who lost 36-3 to new zealand.

morally bankrupt - just like will carling cheating on his wife with diana...or lawrence dalaglio's cocaine scenraio.

a disgrace to the flag - ?????

Tealeaf - I like both sports, but your comments on the footy team are hypocritical and mis-informed. I don't even think that you want our national team to succeed - that attitude is a disgrace to the flag.....
Old 16-06-2004, 19:48   #28

Oh come on, everybody, except me of course, cheated with Diana!

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 20:32   #29
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceejache
the English footy team are inept - er....wasn't it our rugby team who lost 36-3 to new zealand.

morally bankrupt - just like will carling cheating on his wife with diana...or lawrence dalaglio's cocaine scenraio.

a disgrace to the flag - ?????

Tealeaf - I like both sports, but your comments on the footy team are hypocritical and mis-informed. I don't even think that you want our national team to succeed - that attitude is a disgrace to the flag.....
Nice one Ceejache, like yourself I watch many sports and I always support my country even rugby union which I find it a bit boring. Tealeaf won't be bothered as he is just a wind up merchant which although some of his biased and mis-imformed posts annoy me we need people like that on the Accy Web just to spice things up.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 21:10   #30

No point falling out with your partner....select an option below :-

1) With so many channels to watch these days, why not watch your favourite proggy on another TV in another room.

2) Use the video tape recorder, that's what they're for. Unless you threw it away in favour of a DVD player.

3) Persuade your landlord to screen the soap on his widescreen telly, and tell him how many girls will fill his pub.

4) To keep the peace and make love not war, take all your clothes off and dance in front the telly. That probably wont work, but just might at half-time if they are 3-1 down.

5) Go out with someone who likes rugby. It's not on the telly all that often.

Anyone got any better ideas ??

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..