Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2009, 21:52   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Why do dogs heal quicker than us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i was in 5 after my c-section, was up and about the day after having him
5 was the norm as far as I knew, I was got out of bed and had a shower the day after having my daughter, it was unbelievably painful to stand up straight because of the staples in the wound and because a mere 12 hours before someone had physically moved your internal organs to get to your womb! So as well as all that and the after effects of a spinal block and a night on morphine I wasn't feeling too chipper! Also had 2 drips and a catheter as well, by no means the "easy way out" as some folk think!.
Old 19-04-2009, 21:56   #17
God Member

Which way are your scars girls? My first was a bikini one and the second was downwards. The bikini one was far more painful.
Old 19-04-2009, 21:57   #18
God Member

i had the spinal block too, i didnt have staples, i had one running stitch

with Marie (sis in law) they didnt even take her stitch out before she went home, they did with me....i thought the morphine drip was good, did the job and i was happy till they took it out
Old 19-04-2009, 21:58   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Which way are your scars girls? My first was a bikini one and the second was downwards. The bikini one was far more painful.

mum had me the same year you had Catherine, mum had a section with me too, hers was down

mine is across, its only the length of a cassette tape
Old 19-04-2009, 22:01   #20
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
mine is across, its only the length of a cassette tape
Audio or video?
Old 19-04-2009, 22:07   #21
Senior Member+

Mine is horizontal and goes up at the ends like a smile! The midwife I had was on her first shift at Blackburn having just moved from London and said to me that she had never seen a faster section, she only had one glove on when the consultant passed her the baby! I had a lovely anaesthetist called Alex Rose, he was brilliant, I would do the whole thing again to be honest!
BTW I was awake during the whole birth and wouldn't have been happy any other way, it was an amazing experience!

Last edited by lindsay ormerod; 19-04-2009 at 22:09.
lindsay ormerod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 22:49   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well the thread is about dogs init?
Old 19-04-2009, 23:09   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well the thread is about dogs init?
You feeling brave tonight?
Old 20-04-2009, 08:58   #24
Resting in Peace

I actually think that us blokes should have pain killers when the other half comes out after pupping, I can't stand earache
Old 20-04-2009, 09:06   #25
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Mine is horizontal and goes up at the ends like a smile! The midwife I had was on her first shift at Blackburn having just moved from London and said to me that she had never seen a faster section, she only had one glove on when the consultant passed her the baby! I had a lovely anaesthetist called Alex Rose, he was brilliant, I would do the whole thing again to be honest!
BTW I was awake during the whole birth and wouldn't have been happy any other way, it was an amazing experience!

Linds.......I think that would have been Tony Rose........and you are right he is brilliant.
As a nurse running a pre-op clinic, I know that if I had any problems with patients, I could contact him and he would come and see the lady and give directions as to what he wanted for his patient.
He never bawled you out for contacting him, and though he was a consultant, he was the least 'consultoid' consultant I have ever met.

As far as the original query.......because dogs don't walk upright, they have less pain (the large abdominal muscles are essential for keeping us upright....and when they have been divided or cut, it hurts to be upright)........and also their operation site is usually on the flank.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 15:46   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I'd have another caesarean too, as you say, an amazing experience. I loved every second of mine.
I've done natural childbirth too and wouldn't do that again for anything.

My scar is horizontal, I've never been so bored as to sit and measure it but I believe it is 10cm.......the same as women doing it naturally dilate to.

Hang on......weren't we meant to be discussing dogs? LOL
Old 20-04-2009, 15:53   #27
God Member

Well just to confuse you all, Molly's is horizontal, well it is when shes on all fours, if she stood on her hind legs it would be vertical

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..