Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-08-2008, 17:56   #16

Re: Without looking it up...

Don’t know nor care too much.

Why are you asking andrew, what’s the bottom line…did you know ?
Old 27-08-2008, 19:00   #17
God Member

I knew Gary Titley, only because he gave a talk at college once, and because he has a memorable name. I wouldn't recognise him in the street though.

I think this thread demonstrates just how unaccountable these people are, and yet Europe decide a vast amount of our policies. Would the believe, Europe is so undemocratic and bureaucratic that there are even unelected bodies aside from the European Parliament that can to decide what you and I can or can't do.

It'd madness. The UK might have problems, but at least we have a good idea who to blame or who to go to.
Old 27-08-2008, 19:04   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
no idea n couldn't care less.
Same here cashy.......
pipinfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 19:09   #19

The only M.E.P. I've heard of is in the East Midlands list - Robert Kilroy-Silk!
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 19:11   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossylass View Post
The only M.E.P. I've heard of is in the East Midlands list - Robert Kilroy-Silk!
oh so ya looked at the list did ya? that makes ye either interested or nosey.
Old 27-08-2008, 19:15   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
oh so ya looked at the list did ya? that makes ye either interested or nosey.
or interested in all the rude names lol

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 19:37   #22
God Member

I mentioned this topic before in another thread and mentioned den dover but nobody responded with any answers.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 19:53   #23
God Member

Neither know no care
Old 27-08-2008, 20:14   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I mentioned this topic before in another thread and mentioned den dover but nobody responded with any answers.
perhaps cos many think the subject is about as welcome as a "fart in a spacesuit"?
Old 27-08-2008, 20:30   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I think this thread demonstrates just how unaccountable these people are, and yet Europe decide a vast amount of our policies. Would the believe, Europe is so undemocratic and bureaucratic that there are even unelected bodies aside from the European Parliament that can to decide what you and I can or can't do.
Quite right - but these "unaccountable" people also include Tories.
Old 27-08-2008, 20:37   #26
Resident Waffler

I don't know and haven't bothered looking at the list.

I'm dischuffed with the EU as you can no longer get Nettle Beer in Heysham thanks to EU legislation.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 20:46   #27
God Member

We soon will have access to herb and vitamin supplements restricted too
The EU has signed up to Codex Alimentarius
Raw Cuisine - Food for Consciousness » Nutrients under Legal Threat (Codex Alimentarius)

Dietary supplements c(e.g. vitamins and minerlals) cannot be sold for preventive or therapeutic use. Potencies would be limited to extremely low dosages - they would not allowed to be sold at dosages that could cause a benefit.

Only Big Pharma (the big pharmaceutical companies) would have the right to produce and sell the higher potency products and dictate the price. Prescriptions would be required for anything above extremely low doses.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2008, 20:47   #28
Always EVIL within us

Didn't Neil Kinnock go into Europe after losing his Prime Ministership? Is he still there? no idea, Did his missus Glenda? follow suite?

Be fair to the EU people, not only are they now allowing straight bananas into the country, they are acknowledging that the Brits do NOT want to walk into a pub and ask for "'alf a litre of your best please"
Old 28-08-2008, 10:52   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busman747 View Post
Didn't Neil Kinnock go into Europe after losing his Prime Ministership? Is he still there? no idea, Did his missus Glenda? follow suite?

Be fair to the EU people, not only are they now allowing straight bananas into the country, they are acknowledging that the Brits do NOT want to walk into a pub and ask for "'alf a litre of your best please"
Neil went as a European Commisoner, whatever that is, not sure if he's still there, Mrs K was an MEP i think but again not sure if she's still there, and I seam to remember that one of their kids also had a job there too
Oh and I think she's called Glenis not Glenda Busman
Old 28-08-2008, 11:49   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
I think she's called Glenis not Glenda Busman
She's definitely not called Glenda Busman.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote

« The Big Draw | Phew »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..