Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2021, 12:54   #31
Beacon of light

Re: You have an unread message.

It won't be Safari unless you are using an Apple device.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-01-2021, 16:06   #32
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
By "what browser do you use", does this mean the little black box that sits next to the computer,

Ah mate, I know I shouldn't, but that comment made me chuckle! Gawd luv ya fella!
taddy likes this.
Old 02-01-2021, 16:44   #33

Thank you Marge and Dave, I now know that the Server for my computer is Google Chrome; I wish the server for my Hobgoblin was called Hazel, my missus of long standing but this will never happen cos she does not know how to pour a pint of real ale.
Yours Taddy
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 17:03   #34
Beacon of light

No Taddy it is your browser.
I thought you might be telling me it was Internet Explorer....a woeful browser.
I will seek out instructions and see if I can find a video that would guide you in clearing your cookies and browsing history.
Old 02-01-2021, 17:07   #36
Beacon of light

https://support.google.com/chrome/an...DDesktop&hl=en

And this is the written version for you too.
Old 02-01-2021, 17:09   #37
Beacon of light

As for Hazel not being a good ale pourer.....well, lad you can’t have everything.....and after all your arms aren’t painted on!
DaveinGermany and taddy like this.
Old 02-01-2021, 17:10   #38
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
I wish the server for my Hobgoblin was called Hazel, my missus of long standing but this will never happen cos she does not know how to pour a pint of real ale.

Class mate, that really was a LOL moment (I don't like using these cp/lt/handy abbreviations) but that one straight off the bat truly tickled me!
taddy likes this.
Old 02-01-2021, 17:26   #39

I was told many years ago, it could even have been my old Maths/sports teacher Milton Suthers, (remember him Marge?); that no one will ever learn what they are not really interested in.
I left school with no qualifications at all, For the first 12 months I worked in the local brickyard, (Redac), Red Accrington Bricks. At 16, I went nearly 1000 feet underground at Bank Hall Colliery, Burnley, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday I went down that shaft; come Thursday morning I turned up for work as normal but only to tell the training officer, a big Welshman called Ivor Jeremia,thats it please get my cards ready and I packed up there and then and went back to my old job the following Monday.
When the Redac Introduced fork lift trucks in the mid 60s, I was one of the lads chosen to drive and maintain our own trucks. Twenty or so years later I applied for and got a position as, Ha Ha as (quote), a Mobile Field Service Engineer, for a national fork lift truck company. (A fancy name for a fork truck mechanic). this covered all makes and all types of fork trucks, Electric, petrol, Diesel or whatever. I worked from home and I abolutle loved it, covering the north of aeangland up to the Scottish border. Why did I learn it and why did I love it, because as my old teacher and Marges best mate said. (I WAS INTERESTED.
rEGARDS tADDY.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 02-01-2021, 17:33   #40

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1248668]
There you go Taddy....you can watch that as many times as you need to get confident in how to do it
Sorry Marge, But my computer has come up with "could not load plug in"
Old 02-01-2021, 17:38   #41

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1248669]https://support.google.com/chrome/an...DDesktop&hl=en

Thanks Marge I received the written version.
Old 02-01-2021, 18:09   #42
Beacon of light

Quote:
I was told many years ago, it could even have been my old Maths/sports teacher Milton Suthers, (remember him Marge?); that no one will ever learn what they are not really interested in.
I left school with no qualifications at all, For the first 12 months I worked in the local brickyard, (Redac), Red Accrington Bricks. At 16, I went nearly 1000 feet underground at Bank Hall Colliery, Burnley, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday I went down that shaft; come Thursday morning I turned up for work as normal but only to tell the training officer, a big Welshman called Ivor Jeremia,thats it please get my cards ready and I packed up there and then and went back to my old job the following Monday.
When the Redac Introduced fork lift trucks in the mid 60s, I was one of the lads chosen to drive and maintain our own trucks. Twenty or so years later I applied for and got a position as, Ha Ha as (quote), a Mobile Field Service Engineer, for a national fork lift truck company. (A fancy name for a fork truck mechanic). this covered all makes and all types of fork trucks, Electric, petrol, Diesel or whatever. I worked from home and I abolutle loved it, covering the north of aeangland up to the Scottish border. Why did I learn it and why did I love it, because as my old teacher and Marges best mate said. (I WAS INTERESTED.
rEGARDS tADDY.
Yes, of course I remembere Milton Suthers..he frightened the lights out of me...and he was absolutely right about not being able to learn what you are not interested in.

In life you have to find something you love and get someone to pay you for doing it...that way you will never work a day in your life.

That is how it was for me in Nursing Taddy.
I felt like an imposter...like someone was going to one day put a hand on my shoulder and tell me I was fake.
I absolutely loved it...jumped out of bed every morning ready for the day to bring me surprises, drama...blood and gore......and it never failed me.
But late in my career I went on to do some course to teach adults and did well in my city and guilds...this for a girl...who like you left school with nothing only a very curious mind.
I still have that curious mind and a thirst for knowledge and information
taddy likes this.
Old 02-01-2021, 18:14   #43
Beacon of light

[QUOTE=taddy;1248676]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
https://support.google.com/chrome/an...DDesktop&hl=en

Thanks Marge I received the written version.
Sorry that the youtube videeo would not load for you(you need to download the plug in.....that will be something else for you to learn, but it would be so worth it...because youtube doesn't just tell you...It shows you)

I hope that the written version will help you Taddy.
Old 03-01-2021, 08:24   #44

I remember Ivor Jeremiah and his wife, Mabel. Used to live on Grange Street in Clayton. Somebody stopped my mother in the street one day asking if she new where Mr Miah lived. Said she'd never heard of him until the chap said he was sure he lived round here somewhere. Mr Jerry Miah.
cashman and taddy like this.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 08:47   #45
God Member

[QUOTE=taddy;1248673]I was told many years ago, it could even have been my old Maths/sports teacher Milton Suthers, (remember him Marge?); that no one will ever learn what they are not really interested in.

that i found out through life is totally true. same as doing practical tasks as well as learning. sometimes you have a knack to do certain things so that gives you the interest as you have an edge on others. remember being on the buses where we had a batch of 8 AEC double deckers. no drivers liked em but me. i had a knack of driving em so became interested in driving em to a point of asking the garage forman to allocate me one if possible. it wasn,t a situation of being different from others for the sake of it just something that happened.
taddy likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..