Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2014, 22:00   #1
Senior Member+

Accrington Alleycats

Quite often, Lately, I have been waking up at strange hours; around 3/4am. For quite sometime I had no idea what it was.

Answer:- Cats.

That's what it was.

Lots of cats.

Going back further......

Perhaps I did one too many in my youth and hallucinated the scene in a flashback. I was on my way home and I looked up the back alley and saw 10 cats in a circle and one in the middle. I had to get a picture of this! I took out my phone and pointed at the cats. They looked my way and scattered all directions..... oops. No picture, and a story that sounds like make believe....

Present day.
I heard the cats again. Here is some footage

Old 24-05-2014, 08:47   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Accrington Alleycats

Rob...it is spring...mating season...the time when male cats fight before doing what comes naturally.
Female cats also do a lot of 'calling' to let the male cats know they are receptive.
Restless likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2014, 09:43   #3
Senior Member+

I know! But hell, they are loud. But Margaret there seems to be a lot of cats around here. I have never heard it this often. The story about the 10 cats circling the one in the middle is true though it sounds nuts....

Just for clarification. I put this thread in anything goes, as I thought the video was funny, feigning lack of knowledge for the humour aspect :P

The quality, It isn't that clear, but there was 2 cats 'doing it' on the wall, 2 black cats was watching and then more cats came along to spoil the show.

On serious note. There is a unusual amount of cats here. Someone hasn't been a responsible human
Old 24-05-2014, 11:26   #4
Beacon of light

Yes, I know they are loud we have some near us too.......and I got your humour bit.
It is certainly true about their owners not being very responsible.
Restless likes this.
Old 24-05-2014, 12:50   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

But they can be hidden pretty well,in chicken curry.
Old 24-05-2014, 12:56   #6
Beacon of light

Oh Nooooo Cashy!
I like cats.(I don't like curry) It is just that some owners are irresponsible in that they do not get their cats neutered.
Neutered cats still will 'call' sometimes, but neutered male cats are far less combative and less likely to come home with feline AIDS.
All my cats have been neutered as soon as they were of an age to be 'done'.
Old 24-05-2014, 13:21   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I like cats,also like curry, also remember that happening and reading the prosecution in the Observer.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..