Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2015, 11:20   #1
Senior Member+

Arachnids

Oh my days,I've just had a trouser accident,I have just seen the daddy of all spiders.
It came running across the floor at me so I threw everything I had at it....tea coasters,Argos catalogue and Mrs E's shoes but it side stepped them all and just kept coming
Normally Mrs E would deal with these 8legged freaks but she has popped into town.Apparently,it's that time of year when these freaks of nature leave their hiding places and go in search of a mate.

Pathetic I know,but i've always been scared of spiders and I'm not staying in the house with that beast on the prowl.
So,I've text'd Mrs E given her the general location and I'm off out till she's found and dealt with it

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-09-2015, 14:21   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Arachnids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Oh my days,I've just had a trouser accident,I have just seen the daddy of all spiders.
It came running across the floor at me so I threw everything I had at it....tea coasters,Argos catalogue and Mrs E's shoes but it side stepped them all and just kept coming
Normally Mrs E would deal with these 8legged freaks but she has popped into town.Apparently,it's that time of year when these freaks of nature leave their hiding places and go in search of a mate.

Pathetic I know,but i've always been scared of spiders and I'm not staying in the house with that beast on the prowl.
So,I've text'd Mrs E given her the general location and I'm off out till she's found and dealt with it
You big Wuss
Gremlin and westendlass like this.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 14:26   #3
Beacon of light

I was about to write a blog on a very similar incident.
I am not afraid of spiders, but I am not fond of them either.
I,prefer to keep a reasonable distance between them and me with preferably a pane of glass to separate us.
Maybe I will blog about it after all
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 17:57   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
You big Wuss
Thanks for sympathising with me Frank,that's what Mrs E said,I'm pretty sure the ruddy thing wanted blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I was about to write a blog on a very similar incident.
I am not afraid of spiders, but I am not fond of them either.
I,prefer to keep a reasonable distance between them and me with preferably a pane of glass to separate us.
Maybe I will blog about it after all
I hate them...Mrs E found it perched,ready to pounce,in a vantage spot...probably sat there waiting for my return 'shudder'.
I look forward to reading your blog as long as it doesn't go into too much detail about the little blighters

password--Accyweb
Old 17-09-2015, 20:55   #5
Senior Member+

They're coming inside to keep warm over winter.
I never kill one, catch them under a glass and put them outside again, so they can sneak in and hide again.
I used to pick them up with their legs but I once caught a really big one and actually felt it bite me, didn't hurt, just like a slight prick. Never done that since.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 20:57   #6
Senior Member+

There was a zoologist on tv this morning about them. He said they can bite you , but it will only make you itch
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2015, 21:01   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I never kill spiders, like Gordon just put em out.
Old 17-09-2015, 21:51   #8
Senior Member+

Anything that eats flies is ok with me.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2015, 07:17   #9
Senior Member+

I played heck with my cleaner once for vacuuming up a spider.
She always makes my bed and a few days later she hid a lot of Halloween spiders in between the sheets.
I pulled the covers back at bedtime and they were all there.
Made me laugh after the initial shock.
Old 18-09-2015, 09:03   #10
Full Member+

Always put them back outside, you've gotta bite the bullet and catch them.
Old 18-09-2015, 10:18   #11

This is the chap who was waiting outside my stepdaughter's bedroom a couple of nights ago...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spidey.jpg (260.5 KB, 8 views)

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2015, 11:15   #12
Senior Member+

I'm sure they are evolving...first they were growing larger and jumping then biting and now I have them squaring up to me in my front room ..

...Your love for all creatures great and small has to be commended folks but there is zero tolerance stance from me when it comes to these predators

password--Accyweb
Old 18-09-2015, 11:20   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
They're coming inside to keep warm over winter.
I never kill one, catch them under a glass and put them outside again, so they can sneak in and hide again.
I used to pick them up with their legs but I once caught a really big one and actually felt it bite me, didn't hurt, just like a slight prick. Never done that since.
I heard that's seen by some as inhumane as this is committing them to almost certain death.
They recommend putting them in the attic or cellar....yeah,alright,pull the other one

password--Accyweb
Old 18-09-2015, 11:57   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I heard that's seen by some as inhumane as this is committing them to almost certain death.
They recommend putting them in the attic or cellar....yeah,alright,pull the other one
I give them two choices-
a/ Let me catch you and go outside and risk it
b/ Try to run for it and meet certain death.
That's fair.

Can you be 'inhumane' to a spider?
Accyexplorer likes this.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2015, 12:29   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
just like a slight prick.
Your Chancellor of the Exchequer???
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..