Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Less

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-06-2014, 20:03   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Happy To Help?

You May recognise that slogan, It's on the box umpteen times during the adverts.

Happy to help who?

Third time this week I nipped into ASDA, Third time the only tills open have been those silly serve yourself ones.

Third time I've come close to losing my rag, today more than any other time.

The staff instead of sitting at their desks had to stand putting folks goods through the 'self service' tills, why? because those damned things don't do the customers or staff any good, that's why!

We want service, they want a day free of frustrated customers.

What do we all get?

Frustrated customers and staff unable to get on with other tasks that have been allotted to them, on top of trying to get the goods through.

I'm no Luddite, I love technology, I welcome it with open arms, but only when it works.

What use is a self service cash register if when I put some alcohol through some poor soul gets a beep from a machine just to check I'm old enough to purchase it?

I remember the old check outs many a year has gone by since I had to produce any I.D. the person putting my goods through can see I'm an ugly old sod!

I'm delayed, the person that comes to check is delayed, the people behind me are delayed, and know that they either do the sensible thing, get rid of the booze in their shopping, or go through the same check point Charlie as I have, delaying even more people.

Happy to Help?

Yes, the staff are, why isn't the Company?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-06-2014, 17:33   #2
God Member

Re: Happy To Help?

I complained the last time I bought alcohol in a supermarket, they didn't ask if I was over 25.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2014, 02:09   #3

Re: Happy To Help?

I'm often victim to these 'Self Service' machines as I prefer to shop late on when It's quiet. They're great, IF they work!

I wonder whose idea they were originally.

I had a good time on one once, some mistake happened which may or may not have been 'User Error', member of staff came along to correct it, and left themselves logged in. Thus I had the opportunity to put the rest of my shopping through without any of it registering......

I do get asked for I.D on occasion. It amazes me when I do-It's usually when I'm on the way back from a run with sweaty hair, scruffy clothes and no make-up on. I usually look at them as if to say 'Really?!?! REALLY!!!?'

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..