Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree48Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2013, 12:28   #16
I am Banned

Re: The Bottom Of My St Has Geese & Peacocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
As for Less posting, in what you call 'pejorative' terms....he was expressing an opinion. He is, like all of us, entitled to do this.
It was something to get his point over. The point which seems to have gone right over your head. He was, telling us that he had spoken to this lady in the past...be could recognise her as a neighbour....but could no longer recognise her as she had taken to covering her face.

Anyway, I think Less was right......I am wasting my time, so I will stop now.The sun is shining and a walk along the beach seems much more inviting.
You carry on endorsing Less’s bdelygmia with your click click clicking of the Like button Margaret it’s your perogative. Everything is a matter of context and interpretation.
He was obnoxious and rude to a woman doing nothing other than watching over her kids.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2013, 13:13   #17

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

When attempting to communicate or spar with another on a forum, it is extremely bad taste to use obscure words in an effort to show some sort of verbal superiority.

It is never clever to use words just to sound smart, because it invariably has the opposite effect. Pretentiousness is not a good trait, especially in an adult.
Old 25-10-2013, 13:20   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Everything is a matter of context and interpretation.[/FONT][/COLOR]
He was obnoxious and rude to a woman doing nothing other than watching over her kids.
I agree everything is a matter of context @ interpretation, And as far as i'm concerned, people who come or adopt a country are rude @ obnoxious when they cover their faces up wi these garments, This has sod all to do wi any religion, The ways,rules,laws, of the country yeh choose to reside in should be adhered too,its as simple as that.
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 25-10-2013, 16:43   #19
Beacon of light

Quote:
You carry on endorsing Less’s bdelygmia with your click click clicking of the Like button Margaret it’s your perogative. Everything is a matter of context and interpretation.
As I said, you really are a supercilious twit. You like to hang out your knowledge like I hang out my washing, except my aim is to dry my washing...you just want to sound cleverer and superior to the rest of us.
You must have a very unrewarding life.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2013, 17:37   #20
Senior Member+

Bdelygmia, a torrent of abuse you say. I didnt read less's post as that, maybe your a little languescent and need a nap.We can all come up with fancy nancy words matey but most tend to stick to the words they use everyday. Please forgive me if you use such words on a regular basis, now i'm off to celebrate this arcipluvian land of ours with or without ninja masks
Old 25-10-2013, 18:02   #21
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Coo! More big words, I likes big words! It appears folkses is becoming more sesquipedalian!
walkinman221 likes this.
Old 25-10-2013, 21:07   #22

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Coo! More big words, I likes big words! It appears folkses is becoming more sesquipedalian!
Amazing...

a scouser...using the word 'Coo', which is usually found in the beano..which is totally understandable....

but...

'sesquipedalian' usually debated by Patrick Campbell and Frank Muir at 8.30pm on Call My Bluff, when most scousers are turning their electric meters back round so they only get charged off peak

Oh wait... that's me suffering from 'bdelygmia' again
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 26-10-2013, 06:34   #23
Resting in Peace

And now back on thread please
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 12:24   #24
I am Banned

Quote:
As I said, you really are a supercilious twit. You like to hang out your knowledge like I hang out my washing, except my aim is to dry my washing...you just want to sound cleverer and superior to the rest of us.
You must have a very unrewarding life.
You can synchronise your moral compass Margaret with someone who makes an innocent woman the object of his ridicule and humiliation in front of her young children if you want to. Again your perogative Mrs P. He then bragged about it on this thread seeking approbation. I labelled him a flat track bully several weeks ago I have upgraded that to just a bully plain and simple.
Old 26-10-2013, 12:36   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Amazing...

a scouser...using the word 'Coo', which is usually found in the beano..which is totally understandable....

Oh wait... that's me suffering from 'bdelygmia' again
Hey cut DinG some slack Grimace I think his use of the word coo was to maintain the avian theme on this thead .. I know he should have said quack but hey we are all fallible at times.
susie123 likes this.
Old 26-10-2013, 13:03   #26
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

The Bottom Of My St Has Geese & Peacocks

Quote:
Hey cut DinG some slack Grimace I think his use of the word coo was to maintain the avian theme on this thead .. I know he should have said quack but hey we are all fallible at times.
Yes we are all fallible, but when do you cut any slack?
You read what you want into posts, twist what has been said, to do what?
Attempt to score points where no points are needed (except within your ego).

You have a long history of attacking folk, we really don't care, keep it up, have you noticed? People are just getting tired of your holier than thou attitude not just because you aren't holier, you just want to prove you can walk on water, here's a clue, Jesus did it whilst on the surface not struggling for breath in the lake gasping to be recognised.
Now, how about that slack of yours, you want it?
Cut it for others you may get a better response.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 16:36   #27
Beacon of light

DtheP47.....the word you want is prerogative. I know this not a typo because you have spelled it this way twice now.

As for my moral compass, I neither need,or want your advice on that.
I have never had a problem calibrating it.

You have entirely missed the point that Less was trying to make......and I do not feel disposed to labour this point anymore....the chicken needs turning!
Old 26-10-2013, 17:50   #28
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
the chicken needs turning!
I do hope it wasn't mates with them Geese & Peacocks of Less's!
Stevie R likes this.
Old 27-10-2013, 07:38   #29
Beacon of light

Well, if it was....it isn't anymore. It went down very well with a tangy lemon sauce.
We ate it for tea last night.....I'm not fond of roast goose, and I just don't fancy peacock.
Old 30-10-2013, 14:25   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Allow him his opinion, without it he will be as mediocre as the rest of us.

In all honesty for the site to survive, we all need criticism, just a shame, he only wants it to survive to prove how clever he is.

Now, ignoring him, hands up everyone that would like to go back to everyone joining in an anything goes thread that is stupid, but getting 20 odd posts per hour ?

This site used to be friendly and silly, no one was frightened of posting any kind of comment.

Now, well, we can see how it's ended up.

Cheers DtheP you have helped the site become unfriendly.
Ignore him ... he is, appropriately in this case, a shiite disturber.

There are important questions that remain unanswered: Is it goose hunting season? Have you considered that her costume may have been a portable blind? Maybe she had a shotgun under it ... more effective than a whole bunch of explosives. After all, one wouldn't want the peacocks to suffer collateral damage.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..