Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2007, 00:37   #76
I am Banned

Re: The whole Jade/shilpa stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Oh dear.

Still bitter that I told you that you couldn't come for a brew last Friday night?..... Friday being eviction night
u know what its like , swingers and roundabouts
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2007, 07:59   #77
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
Originally Posted by booth76
Danielle has made comments about Indian culture in the context that we are better than them. Jack has also been saying some very ambiguous things..
Just showing their ignorance.

It made me think of that old TV program "Love Thy Neighbour" - the laughter wasn't because people agreed with the racist bigotry of the Jack Smethurst character and were laughing at the neighbour - the joke was on the racist because of his stupidity and the viewers were laughing with the neighbour at the bigot. Unfortunately the public at large were misjudged and insulted by the 'powers that be' when they were accused of being racist for enjoying the program.

What I'm trying to say is that given enough rope people will hang themselves without any help from officialdom. In this case I think Jade & co have done just that.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 08:25   #78
Senior Member+

I think that its all getting out of control you dont argue over a stockcube. However everyone and the press are thinking its a racial attack. Who knows? What do you all think?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 08:28   #79
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
I think that its all getting out of control you dont argue over a stockcube. However everyone and the press are thinking its a racial attack. Who knows? What do you all think?

'Everyone' doesn't think its a 'racial attack'.

I dont. Lots of the press doesn't, and nor does every single caller who phoned into the radio phone in I listened to last night.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 08:47   #80
God Member

i dont think it is racial, i just think its jealousy, shilpa is pretty and the other 3 are dogs, its a class thing too, gobby jade could never ever be like shipa
Old 18-01-2007, 09:11   #81
God Member

I dont think its racial but I watched it last night the first time in over a week and was disgusted by the behaviour of Jade, Dani and Jo, I think Dani and Jo are following Jade's lead and I think Jade is over reacting for the camera's, she's certainly not doing herself any favours and I think she'll be booed when she comes out. It really was schoolgirl behaviour, what I found unbelievable was Dani saying the argument was the best thing of the day, then in the diary room saying she thought the argument was awful, thought it was great that BB reminded her of some of the comments that she made only for her to not remember, proved really that she's as thick as Jade. Dont think any of them are going to be popular when they come out, its certainly not going to kick start a career which lets face it is the reason they are in there. I think Shilpa over reacted about the stock cube, but like everything else BB only show you the bits they want you to see and even if you watch it live they mute so much of it that you dont always know whats really going on, what I do know though is the ratings will definately go up now there's so much controversy.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 09:23   #82
God Member

Which is more worrying, that people think Britain is full of rascists or even worse it's full of people as stupid and ugly as Dim Goodey.

No matter what you say though who is most at fault for all this, those taking part or those who watch it and give it the time of day. If nobody watched it then it would be taken off air and replaced by hopefully something useful on the lines of how to chop your head off in one easy lesson, which would be far more entertaining ( I'll duck now )
Old 18-01-2007, 09:28   #83
God Member

Talking Re: The whole Jade/shilpa stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Which is more worrying, that people think Britain is full of rascists or even worse it's full of people as stupid and ugly as Dim Goodey.

No matter what you say though who is most at fault for all this, those taking part or those who watch it and give it the time of day. If nobody watched it then it would be taken off air and replaced by hopefully something useful on the lines of how to chop your head off in one easy lesson, which would be far more entertaining ( I'll duck now )
I think your right Dave, I think by watching it, it makes BB think its good tv, I'd like to see Jade taken out, she's awful, common as muck
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 10:47   #84
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

As stated before, I watch BB, and enjoy it.

To me it's a social experiment in how people from different backgrounds react to being confined in an artifical world, and how they are forced to get on....or not, as in this case. Some people show themselves to be suprisingly strong, others weak, and others are content to sit on the fence. A bit like a microcosm of the larger world outside.

I'll agree watching Big Brother is a fairly passive experience, but then so is watching lots of spectator sports, like watching a load of well paid nellies prance about at Turf Moor.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 11:04   #85
God Member

My mum and brother were watching BB while I was on the comp and all I herd for around 25 minutes was Jade Goody's hauntingly shrill cockney thickwit voice bellowing from the television like a message from lucifer.
Someone shoot her now.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 13:56   #86
God Member

Carphone Warehouse has now withdrawn sponsorship of the programme with immediate effect. Anyone got a suggestion for a new sponsor.... Diacalm perhaps ??
Old 18-01-2007, 16:00   #87
I am Banned

FEMIDOM could sponsor the show seen as its full of tw*ts and enjoyed by knobs

or

DUREX - you have to be a prick to be in it

Last edited by chav1; 18-01-2007 at 16:04.
Old 18-01-2007, 16:22   #88

ah its reet pathetic!!! jades not being racist! some of the stuff shilpa is saying is racist, like calling the UK names and stuff, people are treating her like a queen, she doesnt need that!
laurenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 16:38   #89
God Member

Shilpa Shetty has class.
Jade Goody has a workout video and the IQ of a toenail.

I wonder which one is being racist.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2007, 17:46   #90
I am Banned

when i first heard about all this i thought somone had called jackson a nigger or somthing or a black bas*ard

turns out nothing at all racist has been said

all these idiots protesting in teh streets about racism want to go home and actualy listen to whats been said then go back and protest about nasty comments because thats all they were

mind you 99% of people that watch the show are sad cases to start with so any excuse to grab the phone and reach out an touch somone probably brightened their day

i allowed %1 grace for those that watch it who i think are all right and for those who have more karma power than me

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..