View Single Post
Old 18-01-2007, 10:47   #84
garinda
Give, give, give member

Re: The whole Jade/shilpa stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Which is more worrying, that people think Britain is full of rascists or even worse it's full of people as stupid and ugly as Dim Goodey.

No matter what you say though who is most at fault for all this, those taking part or those who watch it and give it the time of day. If nobody watched it then it would be taken off air and replaced by hopefully something useful on the lines of how to chop your head off in one easy lesson, which would be far more entertaining ( I'll duck now )
As stated before, I watch BB, and enjoy it.

To me it's a social experiment in how people from different backgrounds react to being confined in an artifical world, and how they are forced to get on....or not, as in this case. Some people show themselves to be suprisingly strong, others weak, and others are content to sit on the fence. A bit like a microcosm of the larger world outside.

I'll agree watching Big Brother is a fairly passive experience, but then so is watching lots of spectator sports, like watching a load of well paid nellies prance about at Turf Moor.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote