Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Margaret Pilkington
  • 1 Post By Retlaw
  • 2 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2014, 11:22   #1
Senior Member+

Under water

Have you ever wondered what could happen if we had a 'big melt', millions of tons of ice melting and sea levels raise?
eek.jpg

I found this (scaremongering) site:
World Under Water

It may only be me who finds it interesting to see their street under 10ft of water
Also (if you ask me) the sea level wasn't high enough in London as i could still see the parliament building poking out,they seem to have gone 'a little general' with the settings.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-05-2014, 12:29   #2
Beacon of light

Re: Under water

I saw these a couple of weeks ago. It is all scaremongery...further attempts to make us cough up more dosh on the premise of climate change/global warming...which scientists are reluctant to admit isn't happening in the way the computer model suggested it would......it just goes to show that if you input manure....you get crap out.

There have always been cyclical temperature and weather changes.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 12:39   #3
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Have you ever wondered what could happen if we had a 'big melt', millions of tons of ice melting and sea levels raise?
Attachment 40738

I found this (scaremongering) site:
World Under Water

It may only be me who finds it interesting to see their street under 10ft of water
Also (if you ask me) the sea level wasn't high enough in London as i could still see the parliament building poking out,they seem to have gone 'a little general' with the settings.
Never mind the ice melt, what about the 1000's of tons of space debris that lands on the earth every year, what does'nt land in the sea gets washed there when it rains, Is that not raising the levels as well, whatevers happening to the planet, talking about it won't cure it, neither will the scientists.
Accyexplorer likes this.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 13:17   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Never mind the ice melt, what about the 1000's of tons of space debris that lands on the earth every year, what does'nt land in the sea gets washed there when it rains, Is that not raising the levels as well, whatevers happening to the planet, talking about it won't cure it, neither will the scientists.
You may be right there R, I bet it's a contributing factor to the raise in Sea levels from say 20,000 yrs ago.
image.jpg

The red bit use to be land

Time to move up the coppice

password--Accyweb
Old 20-05-2014, 13:24   #5
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Those of us still alive will be living on the coast so will be fine.
Old 20-05-2014, 13:38   #6
Senior Member+

Speaking of scientists:

"Scientists 'suppressed' paper over climate sceptic argument
Researcher claims his paper was rejected because it might help climate sceptics advance their case"

Scientists 'suppressed' paper over climate sceptic argument | News | The Week UK

password--Accyweb
Old 22-05-2014, 09:00   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Earlier this week I watched a programme on ch4, it's on catch up, Britain's Most Extreme Weather - 4oD - Channel 4

Towards the end of it the guy was saying that due to the Earths orbit being slightly different we could be in line for another ice age, the only reason we aren't feeling those effects already is because of the extra CO2 in the atmosphere so who are we to believe? Is global warming good or bad?
Are scientists just jumping on and off bandwagons to keep themselves employed?

Back in the sixties they predicted an ice age was starting, by the 90's this had become a terrifying global warming, which included the death of the ozone layer, are we seeing yet another turn around? Will we be expected to go back to less economic transport so that we can pump more life saving CO2 into the atmosphere? Bring on those coal burning power stations we really need them now.

I can't answer these questions and I bet the 'experts' can't either.

Oh look an eggspurt
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2014, 09:17   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Never wondered at all,Why should i ?? I only wonder about things i can do summat about.
Less and Margaret Pilkington like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..