Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2014, 14:55   #31
I am Banned

Re: Vanishing plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
It's not a tragedy ... who knows what it is ... probably an accident caused by mechanical failure or human error ... maybe a terrorist act, altho' if it were, someone or some group would have claimed responsibility by now. Other than being curious about what happened, this tragedy affects me not at all.
It will however affect us eventually Eric the strange circumstances and what we know to date having focussed attention on identity theft and the established criminal networks supplying forged passports in Kuala Lumpur.
The mystery and that's what it is until the facts emerge this year, next year or whenever has focussed attention on Thailands established trade in faked and stolen travel documents.
Security will be tightened up at most if not all airport passport control gates.
I see queues getting back to those of immediately post 9/11 in the coming weeks and months.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-03-2014, 15:02   #32
Beacon of light

Because the media over-use words does this mean that we can no longer use them to say what we mean?
Do we now need to look for words that are not hijacked by the media?
My use of this word was not shallow...it was full of the awareness of the suffering caused by the loss of a loved one in circumstances which have yet to be explained.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 15:40   #33
JFT96

We'll the aircraft disappearance is certainly a strange one.
However as others have said, due to a lack of facts there is very little to go on.

So until they find the Flight Data Recorder and Cockpit Voice Recorder (Black but really Orange boxes) there will be little to go on.
As I see it there are 3 possibilities

1, the Aircraft suffered a catastrophic failure in flight resulting in loss of communications.
2, the Aircraft was destroyed in flight in a matter of second, bomb etc
3, the Aircraft Transponder and Acars system was turned off and they flew to a secret airport manned by Elvis and Lord Lucan.

Anything we say will be pure speculation, but let's remember that 239 souls most likely have lost their lives
Less, Eric and dotti34 like this.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 15:44   #34
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
There are so many questions unanswered.
Why the u-turn? Why fly low? Why are the transponders off?
Is it possible for a large airplane to dive into the water without breaking up and go down like a rock, no debris, no trace ,no distress call? I think not.

Anyone fancy watching a movie at mine?
It's called flightplan

U turn..... Let's wait and see, ATC would know why that happened, if it did.
Fly low, who knows, but there is no evidence of this.
Transponder, all is known is it stopped sqwarking.
The Aircraft breaking up, we'll have a look at Valuejet flight 592, when you hit something at 500mph nose first there tends not to be much left.
You found any proof?

Old 12-03-2014, 15:48   #35
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So there we are! The response from a man who has a far better insight into civil aviation than the majority of us, worth a listen as the Lads' got learning.
dotti34 likes this.
Old 12-03-2014, 15:50   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Well, Eric....for you it has no effect on your life.

For those who have lost family I am sure their perspective will be different.

I do get where you are coming from when you say that this word means nothing.
That is because it has been hijacked by those who want to sensationalise events - not just this one, but others that the media wring every bit of juice out of by overplaying it.....wall to wall coverage is the norm these days.
I'm not completely insensitive. I remember other "tragedies" ... the fairly recent one in Haiti, for example ... I donated what cash I could spare (generously matched dollar for dollar by the Canadian government). I did it not in some vain attempt to assuage the grief of the survivors, but for practical things: medical supplies, clean drinking water, shelter, food for empty bellies. There's nothing I can do about grief. That's personal. When we have cause to grieve, we do it in our hearts, in our souls ... and in private or with those close to us. It irks me when I see it, as you say, "hijacked" for sensationalism, ratings, and, yes, profits. If I were waiting in vain at an airport for someone who would never arrive, I wouldn't want some asshole sticking a camera in my face to record my tears, or a mic up to my mouth so that I could tell the world how I felt.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 16:07   #37
Beacon of light

Eric, you know that I know you are not insensitive...and if it came across that that is what I was saying then I apologise.
I know that someone who gives food to stray animals...finds them a home in his heart cannot possibly be insensitive.

Neither would I want some media bod standing on my grief.

It is easy for me to say that I know how they are feeling, but in truth no-one really does...we can only approximate their feelings with the sadnesses we might endured in our own lives. Empathy covers it.
dotti34 and Accyexplorer like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 16:18   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
As I see it there are 3 possibilities

1, the Aircraft suffered a catastrophic failure in flight resulting in loss of communications.
2, the Aircraft was destroyed in flight in a matter of second, bomb etc
3, the Aircraft Transponder and Acars system was turned off and they flew to a secret airport manned by Elvis and Lord Lucan.

Anything we say will be pure speculation, but let's remember that 239 souls most likely have lost their lives
Although No3 sounds the most probable out of that bunch,I don't think it's any of the things you mention IMHO.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 16:26   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
U turn..... Let's wait and see, ATC would know why that happened, if it did.
Fly low, who knows, but there is no evidence of this.
Transponder, all is known is it stopped sqwarking.
The Aircraft breaking up, we'll have a look at Valuejet flight 592, when you hit something at 500mph nose first there tends not to be much left.
You found any proof?
No proof, pure spec but you could hit anything with a plane at 500mph an there would be something left I know the ocean massive,but do you honestly think they'd find nothing if it broke up and that was the case?
I'm not being clever,I'm genuinely curious.

password--Accyweb
Old 12-03-2014, 16:44   #40
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Vanishing plane

Quote:
Looks like your on your own less (unless your counting the chip on your shoulder) .

I will shut up though,since you asked so nicely.

Well, if we ignore my shoulder and it's extra weight, I think today with it's posts prove we as a site, don't need any form of conspiracy, we just want to discuss the facts in a sane and humane manner, hopefully you can live with that and post with a similar ideal in mind.

Thank you.

Well, I posted this too late, idiot still trying not to make himself small...

...and failing.

Last edited by Less; 12-03-2014 at 16:47.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 16:54   #41
JFT96

Quote:
Although No3 sounds the most probable out of that bunch,I don't think it's any of the things you mention IMHO.
Sooooo if it did not crash or it did not land somewhere, what do you think happened? Aliens maybe....

Although this video is a fighter and concrete, you should get the idea.

Anyone thought that just maybe the search and rescue teams are being incompetent.

Old 12-03-2014, 17:03   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Well, if we ignore my shoulder and it's extra weight, I think today with it's posts prove we as a site, don't need any form of conspiracy, we just want to discuss the facts in a sane and humane manner, hopefully you can live with that and post with a similar ideal in mind.

Thank you.

Well, I posted this too late, idiot still trying not to make himself small...

...and failing.
As you've probably gathered I'm not here to impress.
I like to discuss all angles and if some of them fall into the conspiracy category,so be it.
I did try keep it out of general chat and questions as to not upset the established members who like just "facts",but if you don't like it,try a different thread

password--Accyweb
Old 12-03-2014, 17:06   #43

Vanishing plane

You don't discuss, you speculate and you aren't very good at that.

I will agree with you on one point, you don't impress.
Old 12-03-2014, 17:09   #44

Vanishing plane

Quote:
As you've probably gathered I'm not here to impress.

I like to discuss all angles and if some of them fall into the conspiracy category,so be it.

I did try keep it out of general chat and questions as to not upset the established members who like just "facts",but if you don't like it,try a different thread

Once you got your feet under the table you started into general chat and didn't like the fact no-one took your side.
Old 12-03-2014, 17:11   #45
JFT96

As my username suggests, I happen to be involed in aerospace, at the pointed end. Okay so I drive a Boeing 737, currently a 300 in VIP spec but I have flown the 300/400/600/700 and 800 model of it.

As such I have a outlook that looks at facts, not conspiracy, so if you want to discuss TWA 800, 9/11, Concorde, Chemtrails etc you will find that I will discuss this backed up by FACT not fiction.
dotti34 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..