Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes
Donate! Join Today

Anything Goes Anything goes.....well, you'll get away with more here than anywhere else on Accyweb! But remember, we are a child friendly forum!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2007, 20:16   #46
Beacon of light

Re: what annoys you?

Got to hate fat people too. Why don't they just stop eating so much crap and exercise instead of taking up so much space?

Global warming is caused by fat people [/quote]

I'm sorry, but I think that is so shallow. You are prepared to judge people by how they look?
Have you ever thought that some people may have reasons why they can't exercise? And that also dieting makes for fat people.
I thought you were an enlightened young woman.....I am going to have to revise my opinion.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-12-2007, 20:27   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I was a chubby baby, I've never been any more over 10stone, which for a height of 5ft 4 is just about right, i'd hardly call that chubby unless I missed something.

I don't NEED to like fat people, they aren't acceptable, the government doesn't even want to accept fat people.

By fat I am referring to OBESE, not 'chubby', or 'slightly overweight', I mean fat, wobbly people that are far beyond 'chubby'. You can't AVOID talking to fat people, they are a huge (excuse the pun) problem and becoming a majority. Nobody can deny it, its even becoming a problem in children, and its disgusting and if the government can say it and imply it, then why cant I also?

Who can hold up their hand and say they find obesity attractive or cute?

i'm classed as being obese, wanna make an issue of it?
Old 23-12-2007, 20:31   #48
Beacon of light

I didn't say you needed to like fat people. I would not try to tell you who you should like....but I still think it is shallow to judge someone by how they look....and to state that you hate fat people is a huge generalisation. How can you hate people you have never taken the time to get to know?
Your views do not seem very well considered or educated.
Old 23-12-2007, 20:34   #49
Beacon of light

And while obesity may not be 'cute' as you put it........it is something that people may battle with for most of their lives....this does not mean that they are lazy or less valuable members of the community.
Old 23-12-2007, 20:46   #50
God Member

Well I didn't generalise, I was just VAGUE. I hate the way obese people LOOK. I don't disregard their opinions any less or their personalities, I just wish they would do something about it.

If obesity was simply a medical condition, then it'd be different, I might be more sympathetic, but I cant as of yet find it in me to care about obese people when they eat enough to feed several starving people.

When obese people can past the point of being able to exercise then I can understand the struggle to lose weight, but it doesn't mean I should feel sorry for them when they've let themselves get that way in the first place.

And if fat people want acceptance then they should go to America. Super-sized big mac and fries anyone? How about a few bottles of Coke to wash it down
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 20:49   #51
Senior Member+

i was underweight for years... i used to look anorexic and then i got pregnant, now i am over weight and i cant shift it, i dont eat that much and i walk alot......but i am still overweight..

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 20:53   #52
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i hate people who know it all and know nowt theres one joined in this thread
Old 23-12-2007, 20:55   #53
Senior Member+

Cashy...... i thought you were my friend

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 20:56   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Sorry Cashy I'll get my posts removed
Old 23-12-2007, 20:57   #55
God Member

Ooooh blazey u dont half ask for trouble do u lol??

People are People [gee going into depeche mode song now lol] & thats the most important bit the people they are inside - thats what counts more than anything!! Not a religious person but a classic line from a classic film 'shawshank redemption' by Morgan Freeman applicable here............'God made people in all shapes & sizes'.

So who are u to judge Blazey ??

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 21:00   #56
God Member

Quote:
BlazeyWell I didn't generalise, I was just VAGUE. I hate the way obese people LOOK. I don't disregard their opinions any less or their personalities, I just wish they would do something about it.
How do you know that they aren't trying to do something about? Oh to be perfect living in a perfect world!!
Old 23-12-2007, 21:00   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
My pet hate too i so wish i was as knowledgeable, bet if i lived to be a 110 & done everything - i'd still be out beaten

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 21:06   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
i'm classed as being obese, wanna make an issue of it?
no such thing as obese flashy
just cuddly love em to bits

like i've never been gone
beechy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2007, 21:09   #59
God Member

ah thats lovely Beechy thankyou
Old 23-12-2007, 21:10   #60
Beacon of light

Blazey, if you look back on your post I think you will find that you weren't being vague, you were judgemental and you generalised......grouping all fat people together and suggesting that they all ate crap...if that isn't generalising and being judgemental then I don't know what is.

« Tattoo`s | Bernie »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..