Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2014, 20:50   #6301
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I'm sure your explanation of the technical stuff is top-notch -the second dog is invisible - shouldn't that have been you??!!
I really do take a second dog sometimes, a very active Jack Russell, his owner died 6 months ago and I help his widow with walkies.

I am still investigating invisibility, but the book that contains the instructions..............I haven't been able to find it.
mobertol likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2014, 20:54   #6302
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
The aftermath of yesterday's snow storm - a lot of shovelling.
1. Hubby is glad of the little electric snow shovel.
2. Neighbours digging out their cars down the street.
3. A big fox was startled out of hiding. Sorry I didn't have my proper camera on me!
The snow shots are nice from a distance, another thing if its up to your armpits. Nice surprise that fox.
Turtle likes this.
Old 02-02-2014, 21:17   #6303
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It is good to broaden the mind with technical pursuits, but if you are going to use them rarely or there is a program that will do the job without all that mental gymnastics then you would be daft to ignore it(the program).

I think photography is a very interesting pursuit, but you have to have suitable subjects to photograph, and techniques that show the subject off to its best advantage.......Dave you have those skills(in spades). You seem to have a good eye for composition of shots(though how I would know that seeing as I have had absolutely no training,is beyond me)
If you get the right shot, then there is little that needs to be done to tweak it.....maybe a crop but anything else is extra and unwarranted.

This is just my opinion - though I bet there are others out there who will agree with me.
You have taken some shots that I would give my eye teeth for...so stop messing!
I don't really tweak all that much, if I do its usually a crop , lighten, darken, perhaps a change in the temperature. Its good to know how to if you have to. My interest is being out there taking the snap, but with the digital age come some requirements to tweak.
Thanks for the kind words, I think my skill if I have any, is the fact that I enjoy taking photos, for me, it is my refuge from all the pressures that life pushes on you. I find when I am taking pictures the rest of the world fades away at the edges, also when I say to my wife "I will only be an hour" she knows that is not going to happen, and an hour can multiply to three.
Old 02-02-2014, 21:21   #6304
Senior Member+

Quote:
A damp, misty day again but I had to get out for some fresh air... much cheaper than yesterday's excursion to the big shopping mall in Cremona where I hit the final day of the sales!

Lots of signs of coppicing the trees along the local streams. First timid signs of re-birth -new catkins. A contemporary of Maxthecollie in (Cortetano) Italy -it says "Beware of the Dog" but he looks very friendly!! The candle lit at the little shrine at the end of the lane marks the centenary of the birth of Pope John 23rd -(1960's).
Those misty shots are atmospheric, what are you doing going to the sales when there is bad weather to be out in with your camera, OK just this once.
mobertol likes this.
Old 02-02-2014, 21:28   #6305
Senior Member+

Great pics Dianne
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 21:35   #6306
Beacon of light

Dave you sell yourself short.
Your pictures have brought the outdoors in.....for those who cannot get out and about.
I'm sure your good lady understands that when you are engrossed in taking pictures time just slips by....and you could be doing many things that would be much worse.
The time she needs to worry is when Bob comes home clean and dry and you smell of stale beer!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 21:37   #6307
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, is another wet experience, with sliding down wet slopes I had to change my knickers when I got home.

1.As we head uphill, a quick look back.
2.to 8, a compendium of moist moments and more wet bits than you can shake a sausage at.
9. Edna,yes George, can you hear a whooooshing.
10. This was the highest point we went, its a good job I had a pocket full of crampons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1602.JPG (388.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1612.JPG (443.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1652.JPG (437.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1688.JPG (475.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg P1010938.JPG (482.3 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P1010982.JPG (397.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1020004.JPG (404.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1020052.JPG (425.9 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1702.JPG (337.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1020081.JPG (402.8 KB, 18 views)
Old 02-02-2014, 21:47   #6308
Beacon of light

Number six is my favourite of that set.....though I cannot tell you why.
mobertol and davemac like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 22:16   #6309
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Number six is my favourite of that set.....though I cannot tell you why.
I have taken that wheel before, I think its an old cart that was used in the quarry above, and just got pushed over the edge. I wondered, as I was in the area, would I take a different picture this time, as it was over 18 months since my last picture. One thing remained constant, I still got wet trollies.
mobertol likes this.
Old 02-02-2014, 22:23   #6310

Quote:
A damp, misty day again but I had to get out for some fresh air... much cheaper than yesterday's excursion to the big shopping mall in Cremona where I hit the final day of the sales!

Lots of signs of coppicing the trees along the local streams. First timid signs of re-birth -new catkins. A contemporary of Maxthecollie in (Cortetano) Italy -it says "Beware of the Dog" but he looks very friendly!! The candle lit at the little shrine at the end of the lane marks the centenary of the birth of Pope John 23rd -(1960's).
A lovely group of shots - number 10 is breathtaking!
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 22:29   #6311

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, is another wet experience, with sliding down wet slopes I had to change my knickers when I got home.

2.to 8, a compendium of moist moments and more wet bits than you can shake a sausage at.
10. This was the highest point we went, its a good job I had a pocket full of crampons.
Number 8 is my favourite wet bit - a stunner!
davemac likes this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:43   #6312
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post

I love the warm colours in number 4 and also what you've done with number 5 - number 6 is as good as the last one youtook from a different angle - you should be getting really fit with all this fell walking!
davemac likes this.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:10   #6313
Senior Member+

I took the dog over to Blackburn this morning,There is a little field i go to near some units.Anyway after about 15mins, i notice one of the units was open an there was Nobody insight( i knew the camera was in the car ).After another 10mins I put my dog back,grabbed the cam an decided to have a closer look

DSCF1464.jpg DSCF1462.jpg DSCF1460.jpg DSCF1461.jpg DSCF1452.jpg DSCF1453.JPG DSCF1456.jpg DSCF1457.JPG DSCF1455.jpg

I closed the door on the way out

DSCF1465.jpg

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:07   #6314
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I took the dog over to Blackburn this morning,There is a little field i go to near some units.Anyway after about 15mins, i notice one of the units was open an there was Nobody insight( i knew the camera was in the car ).After another 10mins I put my dog back,grabbed the cam an decided to have a closer look

Attachment 37563 Attachment 37564 Attachment 37565 Attachment 37566 Attachment 37567 Attachment 37568 Attachment 37569 Attachment 37570 Attachment 37571

Attachment 37572
Nice reflections in number 5... Did you have a balaclava on to hide you from all those CCTV cameras?!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 11:31   #6315
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post

Attachment 37563 Attachment 37564 Attachment 37565 Attachment 37566 Attachment 37567 Attachment 37568 Attachment 37569 Attachment 37570 Attachment 37571

Attachment 37572
Your choice of subject is interesting, however if I came across the same scenario I would not enter the premises thinking I was trespassing. What is your take on that idea.
mobertol likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..