Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2014, 22:29   #6586

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
For todays walk a 5 mile walk from Forton to Galgate and back on the canalside.

Attachment 38051Attachment 38052Attachment 38053Attachment 38054Attachment 38055Attachment 38056Attachment 38057Attachment 38058Attachment 38059Attachment 38060

1) - 5) Reflections
6) Canalside Des Res
7) The complementary duck.
8) -9) Max
10) Yes they are out now
Really nice reflections. Number 3 is my favourite. Max is lookin' good!
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-02-2014, 22:36   #6587
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
.... Max is lookin' good!
Must agree with that, missed seeing him when he was poorly. Great to see him out and about.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 22:36   #6588

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, a walk in the Park.

1. A bit of depth of field, with what could be described as bokeh (just showing off)
2. This used to be my "Mess Room" when I worked here, inside were traces of its former use, to the right, the stables, they were still set out for horses with feeding racks and tether loops. The centre section, our "mess Room" would have been the tack room as it had wooden brackets for harnesses, and the sliding doors on the right were for the carriages, with brackets for harnesses again. One thing that must be lost by now were "slippers" to put over the horses hooves, they were rubber coated metal with a wing nut at the rear to tighten onto the hooves. I think this was to stop the horses damaging the grass when they walked over the lawn, possibly pulling some sort of grass cutting gear.
3. The Azaleas are starting to colour up.
4. Can you tell were I am yet ?
5. Yew trees are starting to get out their pollen bits.
6.&7 crocus and a wet knee.
8. I was at ground level again looking at the slug damage, and this cheeky fly just looked at me.
9. There are now more snowdrops than you can shake a stick at, but if you do shake a stick at them the "parky" will chase you.
10. What are you whispering about.

and with that, if you hadn't guessed, finishes my tootle around Haworth Park.
Super shots, Dave! I always loved Haworth Art Gallery. Great job capturing the fly
davemac likes this.
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 23:00   #6589
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Great shots again Dave. Does the council still have Park Keepers? I remember when I was on the council I had to rewire Haworth Art Gallery on my own.
Not resident to a park any more, they travel around. I was in the gallery recently, the photographic exhibition, nothing appears to have changed much with the fabric of the building although the use of rooms has changed.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 23:03   #6590
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Super shots, Dave! I always loved Haworth Art Gallery. Great job capturing the fly
Not something that was done on purpose, so I cant say it was good shooting.
Old 19-02-2014, 14:54   #6591
Senior Member+

I thought I would try to get some photos of the viaduct in Accrington but after seeing the clutter from street furniture I gave it up.
No.2 Then only about 300 yards away I took this.

Both taken from car, as usual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0882.JPG (291.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0909.JPG (355.3 KB, 23 views)
Old 19-02-2014, 22:04   #6592
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I thought I would try to get some photos of the viaduct in Accrington but after seeing the clutter from street furniture I gave it up.
No.2 Then only about 300 yards away I took this.

Both taken from car, as usual.
I know what you mean about the "clutter, it shows up less if you do a shot looking down the length of the arches, or from height, this is possible from the Arndale car park.
Old 19-02-2014, 22:16   #6593
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, a short toot around Rhyddings Park.

1. The main entrance.
2. Apparently you have to be a child to play on here.
3. And here.
4. But soft, What light from yonder window breaks.
5. Oh! it nowt.
6. The only bird shots I am any good at.
7. You wouldn't want that growing on your elbow.
8. The inscription reads,"This fountain was erected by Will I. Smith esqr Los Angeles. California. USA. in memory of his father and mother Alexander & Jane Smith of Oswaldtwistle. 1914.
9. Looks like the memory if fading, and will soon be gone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_2917.JPG (404.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2927.JPG (495.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg P1030596.JPG (451.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2938.JPG (438.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1030602.JPG (406.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2976.JPG (444.6 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2968.JPG (448.1 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2958.JPG (463.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_2964.JPG (428.3 KB, 10 views)
Old 19-02-2014, 22:38   #6594
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
I know what you mean about the "clutter, it shows up less if you do a shot looking down the length of the arches, or from height, this is possible from the Arndale car park.
There have been a few photographs on here taken from the top of the Arndale Dave, I thought I would try something different seeing as I was on Homebase car park.
Another good spot to take photos of the viaduct is on the station bridge.
Old 19-02-2014, 23:56   #6595
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
There have been a few photographs on here taken from the top of the Arndale Dave, I thought I would try something different seeing as I was on Homebase car park.
Another good spot to take photos of the viaduct is on the station bridge.
Never tried the view from the station, the view from the car park will have made the street furniture compress in the picture, assuming you had a bit of zoom on.
Old 20-02-2014, 09:48   #6596
Senior Member+

My idea Dave was to get some shots of the viaduct from low down, there are plenty about taken from high up, I have a lot of steam trains specials crossing it taken from the Arndale roof.
It's when I saw all the street furniture that I thought it would make an interesting picture so that's why I posted it. They street furniture gets in the way of a lot of good pictures taken in towns. There seems to be more and more.
The other picture was taken from Matalan car park looking at the pond opposite.

The photos I posted the other day of the Accrington Pals banner and the market and Town hall all have clutter in front and it can't be avoided. I used a 10mm wide angle lens for those.
davemac likes this.
Old 20-02-2014, 12:14   #6597
Senior Member+

Didn't have much time but I had a go at shooting some close ups with the super macro feature,deleted them though.They all looked like my camera had a cataract.

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 12:36   #6598
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Didn't have much time but I had a go at shooting some close ups with the super macro feature,deleted them though.They all looked like my camera had a cataract.
Never tried the macro the setting with this camera before, don`t usually do close ups but curiosity got the better of me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02812.jpg (425.8 KB, 13 views)
Old 20-02-2014, 15:16   #6599
Senior Member+

And a few of Little Chewie. He`s not been on here for a while.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02805.JPG (480.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02810.JPG (497.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02811.JPG (497.5 KB, 6 views)
davemac, Stevie R and Accyexplorer like this.
Old 20-02-2014, 15:21   #6600
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Never tried the macro the setting with this camera before, don`t usually do close ups but curiosity got the better of me.
For super close up shots gpick you can buy an adapter which allows you to fit the lens the wrong way round on the camera body.
It is two parts, one fits the body and the other has a catch to alter the aperture which fits that and has a 15mm thread (in my case), then the lens is screwed onto that and you have a super macro lens.
I have put some photos on here a while back using mine and you can get so close to a subject that in the case of a penny you can only get about a quarter of the face on.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..