View Single Post
Old 18-02-2014, 22:36   #6588
Turtle

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, a walk in the Park.

1. A bit of depth of field, with what could be described as bokeh (just showing off)
2. This used to be my "Mess Room" when I worked here, inside were traces of its former use, to the right, the stables, they were still set out for horses with feeding racks and tether loops. The centre section, our "mess Room" would have been the tack room as it had wooden brackets for harnesses, and the sliding doors on the right were for the carriages, with brackets for harnesses again. One thing that must be lost by now were "slippers" to put over the horses hooves, they were rubber coated metal with a wing nut at the rear to tighten onto the hooves. I think this was to stop the horses damaging the grass when they walked over the lawn, possibly pulling some sort of grass cutting gear.
3. The Azaleas are starting to colour up.
4. Can you tell were I am yet ?
5. Yew trees are starting to get out their pollen bits.
6.&7 crocus and a wet knee.
8. I was at ground level again looking at the slug damage, and this cheeky fly just looked at me.
9. There are now more snowdrops than you can shake a stick at, but if you do shake a stick at them the "parky" will chase you.
10. What are you whispering about.

and with that, if you hadn't guessed, finishes my tootle around Haworth Park.
Super shots, Dave! I always loved Haworth Art Gallery. Great job capturing the fly
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote