Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2014, 21:54   #31

Re: Flatulent dogs.

Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-04-2014, 22:09   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by westendlass View Post
Pilchards would be a recipe for disaster with my chap,I fear.
Why? Oscar loves em n mackeral or sardines, always get em in oil though, he craps fine off those, he struggles otherwise owd gits nearly 16 n his back legs sometimes collapse when having one if its hard work,
Old 01-04-2014, 22:28   #33
Full Member+

I'm worried about entering new aromas in to his diet/bowels. We may have to paint a big cross on the front door! I think I'm going to make one of those pointy nose masks stuffed with flowers and herbs to ward off the miasma.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:20   #34
Beacon of light

This is a bit of a thread wander, but I think it might make you chuckle.
Our cat Pasha is 15, getting a bit fussy over food. Himself bought her some tinned sardines as a treat. Himself loves tinned sardines in oil......he was putting some into her dish for her, using the pet fork that we use for her tinned cat food. He put some sardines into the dish, then ate some himself using the pet fork that had been used to put tinned cat food in her dish.......when he realised what he had done, he spit the sardine into the sink and took a gulp of mouthwash.
maxthecollie and westendlass like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:05   #35
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Ladies just don't.
That's as maybe, but the rest of you Wimmen aren't shy about the odd trouser cough!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:10   #36
God Member

My dad used to say -
"Let the wind go free and be shamed or blast your puddings and be lamed"

One of the joys of living alone is being able to let rip when needed

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:15   #37
Senior Member+

Flatulent dogs.

Mine used to say - it's better to fart and stink a little than keep it in and be a cripple.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:19   #38
Full Member+

I've never found breaking wind a topic of conversation with my female friends though men find it highly amusing. When I was a teenager I had a massive crush on my older brothers' mate until he showed me his 'party' trick with his bum and a lighter. My ardour died at that very moment!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:41   #39
Beacon of light

When I was an impressionable student nurse way back in the early seventies,I was on night duty on a surgical ward when a young man was brought in with hideous burns to his bum end. I could not believe that chaps would light their own bum gas!
Shows what a sheltered life I led.
I was at the end of my allocation and never found out if the guy healed well....or whether he needed further surgical intervention.
They were on a stag night and this trick was the chaps party piece.....he ended up with a cremated ring piece.
DaveinGermany and westendlass like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:44   #40
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

You get out what you put in. If your feed rubbish you get a lot of rubbish out. I am sure you know what I wanted to put instead of rubbish.
I know a lot of people that have their dogs on a BARF diet. Basically raw meat and meaty bones with other stuff thrown in as well. All those I know say the dogs defecate a lot less and it is firm. Think back to the old days and people talking about white dog muck.

Yes dogs can eat most raw meat but is has to be fed in the correct proportions. Dogs are carnivores and designed to eat meat not biscuits.

Sorry about this Facebook link, this is a group of very helpful barf feeder, several of them I have met. Don't be put off by the disgusting sounding things their dogs eat, just because you wouldn't want to eat some of them doesn't mean dogs don't love them https://www.facebook.com/groups/266514603448892/

Here is a link to a site that sells natural food for dogs Natural and raw food for dogs and cats | Natures Menu

Feeding anything except the dogs food is not a good idea, you said other people feed your dog scraps because he is greedy but do you know what they are giving him? Have a read of this document compiled by the Dogs Trust you might be surprised by the things that are poisonous to dogs like onion - how many people are feeding left overs with onion in? http://www.dogstrust.org.uk/az/facts...bstances09.pdf

Here is a pdf with more information http://puppybutt.weebly.com/uploads/...raw_rv.4.1.pdf
Eric likes this.

Last edited by Neil; 02-04-2014 at 11:46.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:00   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It worked. Shame I couldn't get himself to eat it!
Add some curry to it ... there, you've finally found a use for foreign muck.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 12:00   #42
Full Member+

I know that some seemingly harmless(to us) food is harmful to dogs. Onions, grapes,(fruit cake),chocolate etc even the pollen on lillies. He's not constantly gobbling scraps and my kids also know about the dangerous foods. He usually ends up with the last bit from the plate at tea time etc or the odd biscuit or bit of cake. I don't think he's going to come to any harm from this. We always had dogs when we were growing up and in those days I don't think anyone was aware of such dangers anyway. I don't think any of the dogs had any problems and they all popped off with old age. I think the problem might be the dog meat so I'm going to try another brand.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:03   #43
God Member

Quote:
Ladies just don't.
That's 'cause they don't close their mouths long enough for the pressure to build up.
DaveinGermany likes this.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:10   #44
Full Member+

So its a gradual, slow release Eric, much more polite and the reason we never stop talking.
Old 02-04-2014, 12:15   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Mine used to say - it's better to fart and stink a little than keep it in and be a cripple.
I know my grandad had a couple or three. This was his fav: "A fart is a gust of wind that gives the belly ease. It warms the bed in winter, and drives away the fleas." Folk wisdom from my elders.

But Neil has it right. Pay as much attention to your dog's diet as you do to your own ... (he says as he breakfasts on a slice of cold pizza washed down with a beer)

Also, there are some breeds more prone to be flatulent than others. My Rottweiler, Hera (1994-2004) ... still miss her so much ... was a real room clearer. I remember feeding her leftover turkey once ... and only once. My vet told me that Rottis, in layman's language, fart a lot, whatever one feeds them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..