Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Hints/Tips/Advice
Donate! Join Today

Hints/Tips/Advice Tell everyone your money/time/effort saving hints and tips. Give or ask for advice in any area. Household, decorating, etc.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2012, 19:07   #16

Re: Heating Help

Still no heating really, the boiler fires up and then the power on led starts to flash according to the book this means its a c.e. flow switch problem. Still the rads upstairs get hot and the living room still ****** all ! plumber coming on friday, but he said the boiler does not have a water flow switch.. hmmmm read the bloody book ! i even gave it him before and he never came back.... like i said before I have done more than him !
mark2004uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2012, 19:20   #17
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2004uk View Post
Still no heating really, the boiler fires up and then the power on led starts to flash according to the book this means its a c.e. flow switch problem. Still the rads upstairs get hot and the living room still ****** all ! plumber coming on friday, but he said the boiler does not have a water flow switch.. hmmmm read the bloody book ! i even gave it him before and he never came back.... like i said before I have done more than him !
One problem I once found in a central heating system with a similar complaint, was a long run of unsupported pipe under the living room floor, the sag in the pipe caused a large air bubble to form, stopped water circulating in that part of the system. Once the pipe was supported, and the bubble bled out, problem solved.

Retlaw.

Last edited by Retlaw; 15-02-2012 at 19:22. Reason: Spell
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 20:38   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
One problem I once found in a central heating system with a similar complaint, was a long run of unsupported pipe under the living room floor, the sag in the pipe caused a large air bubble to form, stopped water circulating in that part of the system. Once the pipe was supported, and the bubble bled out, problem solved.

Retlaw.
I have bleed to death lol.... warm water is getting to the rad at the bottom where the valve is... just not in the rad, and like i said the bioler cuts out... so its deffo godda be the flow thing im sure, I have cleaned the rad its like a new one, new valve done everything i can think of, even tried balancing the sytem
mark2004uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 21:23   #19
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Tell your landlord that the heating system isn't fit for purpose, mention holding back some of the rent till it's sorted, he might move a bit quicker then! ( have you had annual gas check done on property by landlord's plumber/ gas chap? He should have flagged it up on his report of which you and your landlord should get a copy)
She's quite right, your landlord sould be sorting this not you.
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2012, 21:47   #20

sorry lindsay but advice to hold back rent can lead to l/lord taking eviction proceedings for rent arrears. It sounds as though l/l or agent is trying to resolve prob but cant for what ever reason. You could make l/lord complaint to council for no heating. They are legally obliged to intervene. It's environmental health at hyndburn. They can "informally" or "formally" intervene and serve notice if necessary. Same advice for any one in private rented accomodation (housing associations included) if l/lord not repairin, etc - local authority statutory duty to resolve!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:58   #21
God Member

Sorry I have only just seen this, maybe it is sorted out by now? Had a few personal issues which some on here know about, anyway, if you have not sorted it out here is my opinion.
The return pipe from the radiator to the heating main pipework is blocked, you may find that the pipes are run up the wall rather than fed from underneath, putting chemicals in when it has got so bad isnt going to work, either have the radiator changed and the pipework to it, power flush the system or both. It is your landlords responsibility to do whichever, holding back rent will get you in trouble, go the proper route as suggested with the council.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:26   #22

Have you tried turning off all radiators except the offending one. Sometimes helps to tap all available pipework with rubber hammer or similat tool. This has worked for me before now.
lol1944 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..