Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2013, 10:53   #556
Mog

Re: 1st pint, 1st local.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yeh Mog, but the idea was have a pint in each,not a gallon.
So that's where me and Bob Burnside went wrong. Did the same going up to Fern Gore. Got to Willow Mount club and had to roll down again at shut tap.
cashman likes this.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-09-2013, 16:16   #557

if ya have a pint in the last orders then walk to the next pub then nowadays its a long walk to the next in ossy!
GJWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2013, 16:22   #558
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Aye,if yeh don't nip in Platts club yer knackered.
Old 29-09-2013, 08:04   #559
Resting in Peace

its a long time since I went down Union road in Ossy but I'm just wondering how many pubs are still open, the Foxill's a undertakers I believe, Bay horse and Tinker were still open as were the Black Dog and Rose and Crown, Royal Oak? Printers? Golden Cross? any updates please
Old 29-09-2013, 08:25   #560
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Golden Cross has been boarded up fer a good while now, Foxhills gone as yeh say, others yeh mention still batting, but below foxhill, The Prince of Wales, Horseshoe, Royal, Station,Rosebud, Church Con, The little Thwaites pub whos name i cant recall., n Commercial, are all consigned to history n ruined what was a great pub crawl.
Old 29-09-2013, 09:30   #561

Royal Oak and Printers still going Jaysay also now Tiger lounge !!! Didnt one of our members take over Royal Oak ?
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 10:04   #562
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
its a long time since I went down Union road in Ossy but I'm just wondering how many pubs are still open, the Foxill's a undertakers I believe, Bay horse and Tinker were still open as were the Black Dog and Rose and Crown, Royal Oak? Printers? Golden Cross? any updates please
Bay Horse jay

Used to have the best juke box in Ossy back in the day.

Blockade had the best in Accy with the New Brewery following close behind.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 10:12   #563
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Before those the "Derby" in Ians day took some beating. as did the Broadway.
DtheP47 likes this.
Old 29-09-2013, 10:54   #564
I am Banned

Quote:
Before those the "Derby" in Ians day took some beating. as did the Broadway.
Bay Horse only one that had "You Know My Name" by the Fab Four on Ol'

I've put it on the AW jukebox

Last edited by DtheP47; 29-09-2013 at 11:03. Reason: linked
Old 29-09-2013, 11:08   #565
I am Banned

Old 29-09-2013, 11:27   #566
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
...Didnt one of our members take over Royal Oak ?
Yes, ChurchFCRules did,
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...dly-63831.html
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-2013, 11:42   #567
I am Banned

My post #565

What a dunderhead... I posted on the wrong thread..
Old 03-10-2013, 06:34   #568
Mog

Quote:
Easy done it a few times from Commercial to Commercial. until me or the mate got banned from some. in my time after Willows Lane was only Miners/Hyndburn/ Antley/Oak Tree. then yeh were at the Comic in Church.
Remember on bank holiday in 1965. Think the pubs in Clayton or great Harewood were open all day for some reason.Whit walk maybe. Bob Burnside, Chris Meredew, Ian Entwistle and loads more of us from the Bridge decided we were going to walk the route to Harrod and have a pint in every pub. What clowns we were in them days. Started at the Greyhound in Altham or Clayton or wherever it is. Had a bit of a barny with Enti, nothing serious then got rat ars**d. Can't remember moving from there. Think that was the last of my pub crawls.
gdm27 likes this.
Mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 16:54   #569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mog View Post
Remember on bank holiday in 1965. Think the pubs in Clayton or great Harewood were open all day for some reason.Whit walk maybe. Bob Burnside, Chris Meredew, Ian Entwistle and loads more of us from the Bridge decided we were going to walk the route to Harrod and have a pint in every pub. What clowns we were in them days. Started at the Greyhound in Altham or Clayton or wherever it is. Had a bit of a barny with Enti, nothing serious then got rat ars**d. Can't remember moving from there. Think that was the last of my pub crawls.
Nice one Mog, who of us started out with a plan and got no further than the 1st pub??? ONE pint in the pub on Christmas lunchtime while the wife is doin the Turkey springs to mind (and more than once!!!!)
gdm27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 17:10   #570
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Bay Horse jay

Used to have the best juke box in Ossy back in the day.

Blockade had the best in Accy with the New Brewery following close behind.
Bay Horse is where I served my time Dave, Bill was the landlord at the time, it was a meeting place for lots of teenagers most under 18 We all used to use the little tap room on the right of the bar, a local football team ran from there too Surf United were a very good team in their day

« Bands | The Vulcan »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..