Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nostalgia aint what it used to be... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/)
-   -   ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f80/accy-pop-groups-1960s-42082.html)

dublomad 06-06-2010 22:15

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Never done this before, but I was just having a quick browse and spotted your brief summary of the Soundcasters. Don't know who you are, but just thought I would join in. You were spot on with the names etc., but it would be nice to know who you are. If anyone needs any info or photographs of the Soundcasters, let me know. When we split up in 1969, nobody carried on in music, 'cept me, and I'm still at it - must be mad!
Nice to catch up.
Tony Cooper

cashman 06-06-2010 22:34

yeh scoot but threads 60s accy groups, n under 50s wont remember em, may be worth startin yer own thread fer them;)

cashman 06-06-2010 22:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by dublomad (Post 820752)
Never done this before, but I was just having a quick browse and spotted your brief summary of the Soundcasters. Don't know who you are, but just thought I would join in. You were spot on with the names etc., but it would be nice to know who you are. If anyone needs any info or photographs of the Soundcasters, let me know. When we split up in 1969, nobody carried on in music, 'cept me, and I'm still at it - must be mad!
Nice to catch up.
Tony Cooper

you were bass guitar tony? was probably wynonie that mentioned em, a pic on here would be nice.:) have seen the pics taken shildon hall i think it was 62 ish, but many on here won't have.

Wynonie Harris 07-06-2010 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by dublomad (Post 820752)
Nice to catch up.
Tony Cooper

'ow do Nooper, have a look at your write up on Manchesterbeat.

The Soundcasters on Manchesterbeat - the group and music scene of Manchester in the '60s

Remember? ;)

mickmc 07-06-2010 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 820613)
quite possible, will try find out next week.:);)

Aye - was def in the Dansaks.... they even cut a demo disc..... think Bro-in-Law has it

Mick

cashman 07-06-2010 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickmc (Post 820888)
Aye - was def in the Dansaks.... they even cut a demo disc..... think Bro-in-Law has it

Mick

Cheers Mick, musta bin the guy wi the better drumkit, Mike told me about.:);):theband:

scoot66 07-06-2010 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 820760)
yeh scoot but threads 60s accy groups, n under 50s wont remember em, may be worth startin yer own thread fer them;)

ooooops ! misread title. tho` going back to an earlier posting mentioning the james boys,i`m sure my mates dad,george stalker, was one of them. i can remember him playing me an acetate of a song he (they) recorded.

dublomad 08-06-2010 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 820761)
you were bass guitar tony? was probably wynonie that mentioned em, a pic on here would be nice.:) have seen the pics taken shildon hall i think it was 62 ish, but many on here won't have.

dublomad. No, I was the guy up front doing the vocals. We started out when I was 13 in '63. I was the singer, Dave Hull was on drums, his brother Gary on rhythm, Maurice Blezzard on bass and Glen Ainsworth on lead. We stuck it out till '69, with Me, Dave and Maurice the only originals. I'd put some photos on, but haven't quite figured it out yet, may have to get help from a son or two!!

dublomad 08-06-2010 21:53

[quote=Wynonie Harris;820826]'ow do Nooper, have a look at your write up on Manchesterbeat.

The Soundcasters on Manchesterbeat - the group and music scene of Manchester in the '60s

Remember? ;)[/quote Hi Steve, thought it might be you. Yes I did see the Manchesterbeat picture but can't find it anymore. Turned 60 in March and me, my brother Phil, and mate Mick from our old band Kyte, got together for a bit of a jam at the Bay Horse in Bash. We enjoyed it so much, we roped in Glen, our old drummer and it looks like we may be back on the road again!! We were conned into doing a Saturday night freebie at Bash Con on 10th July - nothing like ready, but there is an old saying about it'll be alright on the night, or not as the case may be. Problem is we're too old to remember stuff anymore! Oh, by the way, we're going on as the Soundcasters. First time in 41 years!
Hope all is well at your end Steve, thought you may have gone back to - - - was it Lanzarote?
If you're passing Steve, drop us a line and we can catch up.
All the best
Tony

cashman 08-06-2010 22:02

hey dublomad remind me nearer time of yer gig please, aint bin up bash con fer oer 14 years, since i used to do "Dog and Partridge" me n my better half will pop by.:);) doubt if steve will be able to get oer.

Wynonie Harris 09-06-2010 07:51

[quote=dublomad;821229]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 820826)
'ow do Nooper, have a look at your write up on Manchesterbeat.

Remember? ;)[/quote Hi Steve, thought it might be you. Yes I did see the Manchesterbeat picture but can't find it anymore. Turned 60 in March and me, my brother Phil, and mate Mick from our old band Kyte, got together for a bit of a jam at the Bay Horse in Bash. We enjoyed it so much, we roped in Glen, our old drummer and it looks like we may be back on the road again!! We were conned into doing a Saturday night freebie at Bash Con on 10th July - nothing like ready, but there is an old saying about it'll be alright on the night, or not as the case may be. Problem is we're too old to remember stuff anymore! Oh, by the way, we're going on as the Soundcasters. First time in 41 years!
Hope all is well at your end Steve, thought you may have gone back to - - - was it Lanzarote?
If you're passing Steve, drop us a line and we can catch up.
All the best
Tony

Great to hear, you're back on the road, Tony! Old rock 'n' rollers never die. As Cashy says, doubt I'll be able to make it to the Bash Con, gig but I'm sure I'll receive a full report on it!

Lanzarote? I should be so lucky! Sunny Stockport more like! ;)

dublomad 09-06-2010 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 821231)
hey dublomad remind me nearer time of yer gig please, aint bin up bash con fer oer 14 years, since i used to do "Dog and Partridge" me n my better half will pop by.:);) doubt if steve will be able to get oer.

Hi Cashy. Can't remember the words or chords anymore, but I'll try to remember to stick a reminder on, a few days before the Bash con gig. Pity Steve can't make it.

cashman 09-06-2010 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by dublomad (Post 821461)
Hi Cashy. Can't remember the words or chords anymore, but I'll try to remember to stick a reminder on, a few days before the Bash con gig. Pity Steve can't make it.

Yeh can put a thread up on "nighttlife,events, daysout" a few days before if ya want mate.;) may just entice a few more of these reprabates on here, ya never know.:D

jaysay 10-06-2010 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 821463)
Yeh can put a thread up on "nighttlife,events, daysout" a few days before if ya want mate.;) may just entice a few more of these reprabates on here, ya never know.:D

That's no way to introduce the Ladies and Gentlemen of Accrington Web to a new Member Cash:D

keith 10-06-2010 20:25

Seem to remember seeing kyte the group on three occasions twice in rishton first the now closed down legion club and then on another occasion the free gardeners on parker street also someones birthday bash at the baxenden golf club quite a few years ago though