Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2011, 20:23   #1
Senior Member+

St John's School. Accrington - Reunion

There will be a meeting of old St John'sers in the Peel Park pub next Tuesday evening. Organised by Barry Ingham. PM me for his details. Use the Search toolbar and this thread heading for details - I cannot access it at present ( server down) so have started a new thread.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2011, 22:40   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: St John's School. Accrington - Reunion

Will be yon bob unless summat happens,new grandchild due on 23rd,so may be summoned,thats life.
Old 20-04-2012, 18:34   #3
Senior Member+

This Sunday, 22n, there's a reunion of St John'sers. Starts 12.30pm in the school. It will include a look in the church and lots of photos and some records to look at. Just turn up.Ask for Barry Ingham. There''ll be a brew on. 60 names on the attendance register.
If you cannot get there and want to be made aware of future ones, PM me with your email address. Girls - navy blue knickers mandatory.
Old 23-04-2012, 20:50   #4
Junior Member+

Hi.
I was an apprentice at H & B with Barry Ingham - known to one and all as Flamer. Also my mother went to St Johns in the '20s; she was Freda Nuttall.
I am Ivor Gears, please remember me to Barry.
I have just noticed the date, however if you can still mention me to Barry.

Last edited by Ivor; 23-04-2012 at 20:52. Reason: Spelling and dates
Ivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-04-2012, 21:05   #5
Senior Member+

I cannot attend. but Cashy will likely respond to this. I will send Barry one
Old 06-06-2012, 13:48   #6
Junior Member+

Hi Bob
I attended st johns school and would be interested in seeing the photos you have any chance of posting some on here thanks
Dobbie
Dobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 17:03   #7
Senior Member+

The techonology of this is beyond me. I will PM you with the address of Barrie Ingham, who has loads he will be able to send you.
Old 07-06-2012, 15:48   #8
Junior Member+

Hi Bob
look forward to receiving pm then can contact Barrie thank you so much for that
Dobbie
Dobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 16:17   #9
Senior Member+

The pigeon is in the air as I type.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..