Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Crash Computers Chat
Donate! Join Today

Crash Computers Chat Let's talk computers! Got a problem with your computer? Need some advice? Got any great tips?

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2011, 14:27   #1

Wink Vanishing act of desk top picture.

Hello, Here's question for you..I select a desktop picture, set it in place, and it's fine. Next time I log on it's gone,,. I can do this procedure 3x times a day, but I can not get the picture to stay put. My upstairs computer is fine, no probs with it ....
Any idea's...Thank's
robot1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2011, 16:37   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Vanishing act of desk top picture.

First of all it would help to know what operating system your using
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2011, 16:46   #3
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
First of all it would help to know what operating system your using
Second of all, are you suffering from poor eyesight? If so that would explain:-

1/ Why you can't see the piccy.

2/ Why you have to post with such large writing.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2011, 00:39   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Second of all, are you suffering from poor eyesight? If so that would explain:-

1/ Why you can't see the piccy.

2/ Why you have to post with such large writing.
Like your sig you mean
Old 19-02-2011, 11:07   #5
God Member

if you have a pirate copy of windows it will revert to a plain desktop each time you reboot.Thats the only reason i can think as to why this is happening

do yo get any warning when you boot up saing you may be a victim of conterfit software or a blue star near your clock on the taskbar ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 11:51   #6
God Member

I don't understand why people want to have a desktop picure.
Whenever I get a new PC, the first thing I do is get rid of the one already loaded, and choose a neutral shade of grey. I have the same attitude to screensavers.

I do like pictures - in photo albums and on my walls, but I don't want my PC cluttered with someone elses idea of art.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 16:14   #7
God Member

jesus marge has someone slipped you some misery pills today lol

maybe a picture of some gruel to compliment the nice nuteral grey

you can use your own pic you dont have to use the standard ones.

personaly i have that many programs installed yu cant see the picture

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 19-02-2011, 16:31   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
jesus marge has someone slipped you some misery pills today lol

maybe a picture of some gruel to compliment the nice nuteral grey
You need to be a tad careful there Accy Man, you'll be getting the cyber version of the wagging finger. I did the last time I commented humorously/flippantly.

It was something about catering Lizards.

Last edited by DaveinGermany; 19-02-2011 at 16:33.
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 18:38   #9
God Member

personally I can't see why people clutter their desktop with hundreds of icons for crappy apps that they rarely use.

use a decent managed menu structure and you dont have to do such silly stuff.

back to OP, if its a genuine copy it appears your profle is screwed. you may need to make a new one

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 20:29   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
I don't understand why people want to have a desktop picure.
Whenever I get a new PC, the first thing I do is get rid of the one already loaded, and choose a neutral shade of grey. I have the same attitude to screensavers.

I do like pictures - in photo albums and on my walls, but I don't want my PC cluttered with someone elses idea of art.
happen cos yer too busy trying to save the world? i have a pic of seafront n apartment as me pic n it makes me smile every day, perhaps it folk being happy yeh dont understand?
Old 27-03-2011, 20:31   #11

Smile Disappearing pictures.Desktop !!

May have asked this before...Right, I select a photo for my desktop, click (set as desktop) ..There it is large as life. then I do other things, web etc, and go back to desktop, No picture. I can repeat this performance over and over, but my piccy just disappears... This only happens on my laptop (downstairs) the big one upstairs is fine...What's going on please....Tony
Old 31-03-2011, 20:59   #12

Well Thank's to all of you for the cure to my prob of vanishing desk top picure... Did not get the answer to it really. but did I expect one really ? I think not !! As to the advice from accyman a special thank's to you. I did have this laptop repaired localy, and told my hard drive was faulty. He said he would replace it for £ 70-00 plus vat.. when I got it back it says on screen just above the clock This copy of windows is not genuine... Also the drive is of less size than the one that came with it.. It was bought from car phone warehouse so it would have been the goods .........Tony
Old 03-04-2011, 20:24   #13
God Member

you can either report him to trading standards,ask for your money back or use wga fix so yor windows xp will look genuine and recieve updates.If he put vista or win 7 on there are other methods but the shop should not be selling you pirate instalations

Old 14-04-2011, 19:52   #14
Senior Member+

robot do you have a key on the bottom of your laptop for ur original installation?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..