Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2008, 13:57   #1
God Member

Question Mobile phone net access

Been having a play with my new mobile phone net, which works lovely only cant access accyweb or social network sites cos it has over 18 content, tho advises me to call a 4 digit no & have credit card details to hand yet could do without probs on an older phone, wonder how u lot that post on mobile devices do it please ???

Now i dont have a credit card nor want one, so how do u get it, tho despite anyone being able to access a pc net without being asked that unless parent controls are set

Hey entwisi my little gadet has mini Opera how weird

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-08-2008, 14:09   #2
God Member

Re: Mobile phone net access

which operator? I'm with Vodaphone and apart from Accyweb insisting that its going to send me the mobile version unless I use mobile firefox it works fine.

They are asking for a credit card as proof of age, just call them and offer some other proof that you are over 18 and it shluld be fine.

One thing to be very careful of is to make sure you have a proper data package in place or it will be VERY VERY expensive mistake. I pay £5/month with voda for 500mb of data and I can use teh phone as a modem for my laptop. O2 do data packages but you can't use teh phone as a modem, T MObile are similar as I understand it.

OPera mini is brill, I also like Mobile firefox and to be honest Nokia web ( Safari based) is also quite good.

Which phone you got?

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2008, 14:21   #3
God Member

LOL i like the mini modes, tho how things have advanced hehee, got an LG, & looking at t mobile will have to ring em, tho didnt think to nip into the shop earlier lol, not bad for price either especially on PAYG for browsing the net as all i do anyway if need to download then do so on lappy

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 29-08-2008, 14:27   #4
God Member

be careful especially on PAYG!!!

unpackaged data is usually ~£1/meg, some offer 1 day rates but are capped at 15 meg. with websites getting more complex individual pages can be over 1 meg in size. 15 pages and you are into big bucks. there are stories of people running up 10's of thousands of pounds bills by not understanding what they are doing with mobile data access.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2008, 14:52   #5
God Member

Carefully studying the legal stuff with magnifying glass on full just in case i miss something lol

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 30-08-2008, 13:08   #6
God Member

Posted via Mobile Device sorted it went to the shop and verified myself lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..