Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Technical & User to User help > Tech Talk
Donate! Join Today

Tech Talk Modern technology eh? Talk about it here! Please use the seperate forums for gaming or photography talk...

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-02-2009, 09:59   #1
God Member

Trojans?

i seem to have acquired a trojan somehow, how do i get rid of it? i have AVG and AVAST running so i cant understand how i got it

anyone know how to get rid of it? it only seems to be affecting my emails, doesnt affect anything else i do on the web, i cant open emails and when i attempt to it brings up lots and lots of other pages (blank ones)

any help would be grateful
Old 27-02-2009, 11:49   #2
K-P

Re: Trojans?

If you know you ahve a trojan then presumably you know the name of it... if you do then do a search on Symantec - AntiVirus, Anti-Spyware, Endpoint Security, Backup, Storage Solutions and they usualy have removal tools .. or google it
Old 27-02-2009, 11:53   #3
God Member

all it said was...i have 'trojan horse agent BAGI'

and something called DCOM Exploit keeps coming up too, i'll give that a go, thanx KP
Old 27-02-2009, 12:08   #4
K-P

If you google 'trojan horse agent BAGI' do NOT download any of the software that says it is a free removal tool.. there just more trojans and all manner of naughty stuff you dont want.. Only use a site you can trust.
Old 27-02-2009, 12:13   #5
Senior Member+

Download and Run Spybot S&D.

The home of Spybot-S&D!
Old 27-02-2009, 12:20   #6
God Member

oh ******, i've just downloaded spy doctor, i'll try removing it
Old 27-02-2009, 12:29   #7
God Member

I have just had loads of different Trojans which naffed up my computer, this has been fixed now and I had AVG so thinking of going for a better anti virus now

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 12:35   #8
God Member

i think avg is crap Lesley, i will definately be changing it after this
Old 27-02-2009, 12:43   #9
K-P

I have had I think 2 virus problems in 18 years online.. I have always used Norton since I crossed over to PCs and it dont matter to me how many people knock Norton.. It finds virus and trojans etc..

It helps that i have never used microsoft for emails and only accept text emails in the software i do use.. 99% of hackers target microsoft .
Old 27-02-2009, 12:47   #10
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
I have had I think 2 virus problems in 18 years online.. I have always used Norton since I crossed over to PCs and it dont matter to me how many people knock Norton.. It finds virus and trojans etc..

It helps that i have never used microsoft for emails and only accept text emails in the software i do use.. 99% of hackers target microsoft .
I always used to use Norton but found it very hungry on resources last I tried it a couple of years ago.
Old 27-02-2009, 12:51   #11
God Member

what do you use now Neil??

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2009, 12:53   #12
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I always used to use Norton but found it very hungry on resources last I tried it a couple of years ago.
I dont instal all the add ons.. I just use what its good at.. sits in the tray doing its business... sounds like a cat
Old 27-02-2009, 12:53   #13
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Avast Home Edition at the moment, click the free software link and you can download it free. You have to register it though which is straight forward.
Old 27-02-2009, 12:55   #14
God Member

well i still cant get to my emails, nothing seems to be working, the link that MR D put up just confused me, there where a million things to download and i didnt know which one to click on (sob sob)
Old 27-02-2009, 13:30   #15
God Member

Try here then, direct link to the file

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..