Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/)
-   -   Hodgson Quits. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f87/hodgson-quits-68344.html)

cashman 27-06-2016 21:21

Hodgson Quits.

Going,Going,Gone, Coleman could probably do a better job, hope he stays at Stanley. That was truly crap tonight.

Rowlf 27-06-2016 21:38

Re: Hodgson Quits.

All the flippin team should resign. Icelands manager is a dentist and I bet the whole of their squad do not get paid what one of the England players do. Just shows money does not make better players. Come to think of it it was like having teeth pulled watching it.

cashman 27-06-2016 21:50

Have to say Rowlf i cant really blame the team, they were certainly chronic, but to me was rank bad management tactics.;) Rooney was shocking but left on until last 5 mins.

Barrie Yates 27-06-2016 22:53

Pity that Sturridge and Sterling weren't playing. The most idiotic point to me was to bring on his last striker with only a few minutes to go - eveen though he showed a bit more than the others had done, what was the point.
So who is next is there a decent English Manager? Not that I like him very much, but my choice would be Allardyce, at least he has passion and has rescued a number of teams before, and do we need someone to rescue us.

AccyMad 28-06-2016 11:04

He ran down the tunnel quicker than Alice disappearing down the rabbit hole - obviously wanting to jump before he was pushed - his players were still out on the pitch & Woy was nowhere to be seen - still what can you expect from a manager who, when in charge at Fulham refused to let his pampered players use our dressing rooms when we hosted them in the FA Cup - good riddance

cashman 28-06-2016 11:08

I have never forgotten nor forgiven that accymad and am pleased to see the back of him, have just seen a funny post elsewhere, it said " Well we could not beat Iceland, but if Aldi @ Lidl put a works team together we would murder em".:D

cashman 28-06-2016 14:20

Thinkin about this, the 4 who appointed the clown in the first place should be dumped PDQ imho

yerself 28-06-2016 14:31

One of the pundits on TV or radio said' "Iceland, a country with the same population as Leicester (300,000) have just beaten England, a country with a population of 60 million." There's something sadly wrong with the English game.

cashman 28-06-2016 14:45

Dont think theres much wrong apart from the clowns they appoint to coach our lads?

Barrie Yates 28-06-2016 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1171359)
if Aldi @ Lidl put a works team together we would murder em".:D

Are you certain about that?:rolleyes:

cashman 28-06-2016 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1171375)
Are you certain about that?:rolleyes:

No i didn't say it, was quoted on another forum ;)

ossy kid 28-06-2016 15:36

Agree with most but once you have an England shirt on management shouldn't matter at all, if you can't give 110% get off the pitch. There were players out there last night who didn't give a monkeys and others who just aren't good enough. It is good to see Hodgson gone but he should take half the team with him.

cashman 28-06-2016 15:46

No thats a job for the new manager to sort out, who he thinks is good enough, Hodgsons decisions have got us in enough crap already. he would no doubt boot the wrong ones.

Barrie Yates 28-06-2016 16:42

Who should replace Hodgson? To my mind they have to be English after the disasters of Erikson and Capello, so there aren't many options available. Not easy to think of any successful English managers in the Premier League, or who have had experience there, but surely the prats who decide need to forget the Mr Nice Guy image so that narrows the choice even further. Allardyce, Redknap, Pardew, Southgate, who knows?

AccyMad 28-06-2016 17:42

I believe Mike Bassett is available . . . . . . . oh, hang on - he's the alter-ego of the one who's just quit :)