Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2016, 21:21   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hodgson Quits.

Going,Going,Gone, Coleman could probably do a better job, hope he stays at Stanley. That was truly crap tonight.
Old 27-06-2016, 21:38   #2
Full Member+

Re: Hodgson Quits.

All the flippin team should resign. Icelands manager is a dentist and I bet the whole of their squad do not get paid what one of the England players do. Just shows money does not make better players. Come to think of it it was like having teeth pulled watching it.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2016, 21:50   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Have to say Rowlf i cant really blame the team, they were certainly chronic, but to me was rank bad management tactics. Rooney was shocking but left on until last 5 mins.
Old 27-06-2016, 22:53   #4
Senior Member+

Pity that Sturridge and Sterling weren't playing. The most idiotic point to me was to bring on his last striker with only a few minutes to go - eveen though he showed a bit more than the others had done, what was the point.
So who is next is there a decent English Manager? Not that I like him very much, but my choice would be Allardyce, at least he has passion and has rescued a number of teams before, and do we need someone to rescue us.
Old 28-06-2016, 11:04   #5
God Member

He ran down the tunnel quicker than Alice disappearing down the rabbit hole - obviously wanting to jump before he was pushed - his players were still out on the pitch & Woy was nowhere to be seen - still what can you expect from a manager who, when in charge at Fulham refused to let his pampered players use our dressing rooms when we hosted them in the FA Cup - good riddance
Wynonie Harris and cashman like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 11:08   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I have never forgotten nor forgiven that accymad and am pleased to see the back of him, have just seen a funny post elsewhere, it said " Well we could not beat Iceland, but if Aldi @ Lidl put a works team together we would murder em".
Old 28-06-2016, 14:20   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thinkin about this, the 4 who appointed the clown in the first place should be dumped PDQ imho
Old 28-06-2016, 14:31   #8
God Member

One of the pundits on TV or radio said' "Iceland, a country with the same population as Leicester (300,000) have just beaten England, a country with a population of 60 million." There's something sadly wrong with the English game.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 14:45   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Dont think theres much wrong apart from the clowns they appoint to coach our lads?
Old 28-06-2016, 15:30   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
if Aldi @ Lidl put a works team together we would murder em".
Are you certain about that?
Old 28-06-2016, 15:35   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Are you certain about that?
No i didn't say it, was quoted on another forum
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 28-06-2016, 15:36   #12
Senior Member+

Agree with most but once you have an England shirt on management shouldn't matter at all, if you can't give 110% get off the pitch. There were players out there last night who didn't give a monkeys and others who just aren't good enough. It is good to see Hodgson gone but he should take half the team with him.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2016, 15:46   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

No thats a job for the new manager to sort out, who he thinks is good enough, Hodgsons decisions have got us in enough crap already. he would no doubt boot the wrong ones.
Old 28-06-2016, 16:42   #14
Senior Member+

Who should replace Hodgson? To my mind they have to be English after the disasters of Erikson and Capello, so there aren't many options available. Not easy to think of any successful English managers in the Premier League, or who have had experience there, but surely the prats who decide need to forget the Mr Nice Guy image so that narrows the choice even further. Allardyce, Redknap, Pardew, Southgate, who knows?
Old 28-06-2016, 17:42   #15
God Member

I believe Mike Bassett is available . . . . . . . oh, hang on - he's the alter-ego of the one who's just quit
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..