Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Barrie Yates

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2013, 09:38   #1
Resting in Peace

Referees

I watched the Celtic v Juventus game last night and I have to say the ref must be the most useless whistle blower I've ever seen. The man was a joke, Celtic, with a good ref, could have had a penalty at nearly every corner, the juventus defenders were only interested in playing the man not the ball, in fact can't remember one of their players even looking at the ball prior to the kick. Just wondering what they have that dummy stood on the line near the goal post, never done anything to help the ref. We all know it goes on at every game every week, but this was a joke, think FIFA need to clarify rule 12 or law 12 and make referees implement them in full
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2013, 10:20   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Referees

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I watched the Celtic v Juventus game last night and I have to say the ref must be the most useless whistle blower I've ever seen. The man was a joke, Celtic, with a good ref, could have had a penalty at nearly every corner, the juventus defenders were only interested in playing the man not the ball, in fact can't remember one of their players even looking at the ball prior to the kick. Just wondering what they have that dummy stood on the line near the goal post, never done anything to help the ref. We all know it goes on at every game every week, but this was a joke, think FIFA need to clarify rule 12 or law 12 and make referees implement them in full
Fully in agreement Jay, the question of holding in the box should be stamped on - as Dermot Gallagher said this morning a penalty in the first few minutes will cut it out. We now see it in every game no matter what league, time it is stopped and also the goal line officials should be taken to task as well. No-one seems to know why they are there.
jaysay and Alan Varrechia like this.
Old 13-02-2013, 17:40   #3
Resting in Peace

Re: Referees

I think that UEFA are holding their heads in shame today, no doubt having seen the footage of that debacle last night. They have issued a statement this aft saying they will not be bringing charges against Neil Lennon for the remarks he made after the game, they couldn't for shame say anything because they'd be on a hiding to nothing if they had
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote

« Gaza | Scottish PL »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..