Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Guinness
  • 2 Post By Alan Varrechia
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By Barrie Yates

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2015, 22:56   #1
Senior Member+

Sept Blatter Is Innocent

Discuss.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-05-2015, 05:56   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Sept Blatter Is Innocent

Sod all to discuss, everyone knows FIFA is totally corrupt n has been fer many years. If this lot get charged, then found guilty, no doubt in my mind Blatter and others will get named, to ensure a lighter sentence, its called life.

Last edited by cashman; 28-05-2015 at 05:58.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2015, 19:22   #3

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Discuss.
Why?

In what way does it really affect Stanley? Rovers? Dingles?

Tried to point out how meaningless the world cup had become and that only the spongers were gaining during the last one.

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...ess-65948.html

Google what has happened to some of the stadia used in the that one, how ordinary working class Brazilians are still up to their eyeballs in debt paying for them..and (ignoring what that halfwit Richard Keys has said today)...people working on the stadia in Qatar are living in atrocious conditions and are to all intents and purposes indentured servants.

But hey, at least we get to watch summer football every day for a month every four years....oh wait..Qatar

And from the replies in the thread I posted, nobody seemed interested in the corruption or spongers...just in the spectacle and the football.

So who really cares about who runs it or how corrupt they are? The only way Blatter will fall is if the money rebels... i.e. Visa, coke etc... withdraw their sponsorship because people will watch a world cup regardless
cashman, DAV007 and Barrie Yates like this.
Old 30-05-2015, 08:41   #4

Made me chuckle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CGMMFyCWkAA2q7Z.jpg (31.9 KB, 18 views)
cashman and Michael1954 like this.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 21:38   #5
God Member

it was on talksport that so far 1200 people have died making the new stadiums in Qatar after they successfully bribed fifa to give them the world cup.The final figure of deaths that will happen building these stadiums is estimated at around 4000

FIFA is a registered charity yet cant give any money to improve health and safety conditions for people shipped hundreds of miles to work for a pittance with a strong possibility of never returning home alive or at the very least ensure that people working to host the world cup have basic safety and decent pay

if a country cant pay decent and fair wages and also ensure safety regulations they shouldnt even be allowed to put their name forward to host the world cup

i think our England team should pull out of the world cup until fifa is dismantled and rebuilt from the ground up or a new organization set up that any country fed up with fifa is more than welcome to join

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 22:23   #6
Senior Member+

The living conditions of the workers shown on TV were typical of the ME - certainly Saudi, Bahrain, the UAE and Pakistan.
Working conditions are atrocious, passports are held by the employer, monies are held back until the job is finished, salaries not paid, food (which is often provided as part of the contract), is atrocious.
In Saudi there is a clause in every government contract that the main contractor can take over payment to sub-contractor workforce if the workers are not paid. Northrop Grumman invoked that clause during a rather large contract there and deducted the moneys from the contract stage payments - so the main contractor does have the right to ensure that sub-contract workers are treated reasonably well and they should use that right.
I have played football in Saudi and been to a number of matches there - fine in winter, after dark under a clear sky - in summer, day or night is not pleasant, I would suggest it is definitely dangerous.
Old 02-06-2015, 17:20   #7
Senior Member+

He must have got the message at last - Blatter has resigned. With people being named now he must have got a little concerned - when you throw crap at a blanket or into a fan it sticks everywhere.
Old 02-06-2015, 17:57   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Sod all to discuss, everyone knows FIFA is totally corrupt n has been fer many years. If this lot get charged, then found guilty, no doubt in my mind Blatter and others will get named, to ensure a lighter sentence, its called life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
He must have got the message at last - Blatter has resigned. With people being named now he must have got a little concerned - when you throw crap at a blanket or into a fan it sticks everywhere.
Probably resulted from interviews of those in custody, wouldn't shock me at all.when the craps gonna hit the fan its a good idea to try avoid it.?
Barrie Yates likes this.
Old 02-06-2015, 22:50   #9
Senior Member+

We have seen one corrupt organisation beheaded and castrated, can we look forward to the same happening to another corrupt organisation - the EU?
maxthecollie likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..