Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > Music, Bands, Noise!
Donate! Join Today

Music, Bands, Noise! Want to talk about the latest tunes or find like minded musicians in our area, this place is for you!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2011, 11:33   #1
Senior Member+

Tony Bennett Interview!

Have a look at some of his paintings here - I didn't know he was a "painter"??? Is he good?
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-10-2011, 11:53   #2
God Member

Re: Tony Bennett Interview!

Interesting interview -thanks for posting it. Shame the audio was muted on the songs though. Would really like to hear some of these duets -in particular the one with Aretha Franklin which should be quite something -such a contrast of styles.
Amazing to think he's 85 -in great shape, don't know how he managed to be "Blond" at the Palladium on Monday!
As to the art -the paintings look to have a definite style of their own -i'm not much of an expert either but i liked what I saw!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 07:11   #3
Resting in Peace

You only have to ask.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2011, 09:46   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Old 17-10-2011, 12:02   #5
God Member

Class Aretha -she had a much harder song than Lady GaGa who pulls it off very well though. Never really considered her as much of a singer before -thought it was all image but she actually isn't bad at all in this.

Frank Sinatra and Bono is my all-time fave duet: Frankie is Frankie and Bono is to die for!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2011, 12:08   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Know what yer saying mobertol, never much rated her meself, but in fairness thought she was very good in that un.
Old 27-10-2011, 18:04   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Interesting interview -thanks for posting it. Shame the audio was muted on the songs though. Would really like to hear some of these duets -in particular the one with Aretha Franklin which should be quite something -such a contrast of styles.
Amazing to think he's 85 -in great shape, don't know how he managed to be "Blond" at the Palladium on Monday!
As to the art -the paintings look to have a definite style of their own -i'm not much of an expert either but i liked what I saw!
Was he blond at the Palladium? Maybe it's the lighting he looks grey to me! Paintings look ok nothing special though!

Here is the TV ad they were showing on British TV. I muted the sound because You Tube have some kind of copyright filter that instantly recognises and blocks some material that they must have on a computer list. So to save having this occur I muted it myself before hand!

Try uploading a video with a Fleetwood Mac song on it and it will be blocked instantly within seconds of uploading it!

Last edited by kestrelx; 27-10-2011 at 18:11.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..