Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree72Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2013, 12:56   #1

2013/14 season 5 Games gone ?

Fact 1... ONE point from a possible 15 ... Still WE the supporters back JAMES BEATTIE 100% ... Fact 2. Attendences DROPPING each game ROB HEYS situation will not help, also him sat in the stand well it beggers belief is it acceptable with our Chairman ?... Fact 3. Center fowards Danny Webber banned for 3 games Marcus Carver not trusted to start leaves us with no reconized C/F up front for the past few games except for Will Hatfield... M.Carver gone out on lone to HALIFAX FC... Now back with Danny as only recognized striker... Fact 4. Back four solid as Nori bricks.... Fact 5. Midfield WEAK Piero Minola wish he was 6 foot bully... Joyce 6/10 ....Richardson 4/10 creates nothing going foward does not break up any attacks from opposition . Kal Naismith 10/10 seems at times like he's banging his head against a brick wall.... Goal keeper Bettinelli 10/10 ...Just my thoughts and Just for fun ... ....ON STANLEY ON ...i A little bit of luck will help keep your fingers crossed i am
kristo1 likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 03-09-2013, 13:32   #2
God Member

Re: 2013/14 season 5 Games gone ?

One point out of fifteen isn't great but Beattie has had injuries and suspensions to key players to deal with. It was always going to be something of an unknown going into the season with a new manager. I don't think you can look at the table and draw anything from it until 10/15 games in.

Attendances are worrying, but they've always been results dependent. People come to see a winning Accrington team and don't come to see one that is losing. This is the time when the marketing really needs to step up and support the club and I am encouraged by the improvements on this front lately. The unfortunate situation with Rob won't have impacted attendances one iota. There's one more person coming through the gate if anything...

The fact that we didn't sign a striker last night is largely irrelevant. It's slightly annoying given that Marcus went out on loan and it was paperwork that held things up but the incoming loan can be worked out soon enough. I'm looking forward to seeing Webbs back in the team with Naismith playing behind him - this could really turn into something exciting for us.

With regards to midfield I too have been disappointed with what has been shown so far but am hopeful that once injuries clear up we'll be better. Our best midfield player so far has been Peter Murphy. Once Nicky Hunt is back at full-back we'll be able to reinstate Peter there alongside Joyce (who has always been unfairly criticised on this board). In the meantime I'd like to see Luke Clark being given more game time either at full back or in midfield. He's such a promising player and it'd be a shame to see him never really play for us at the expense of a loanee like Richardson. Richardson has found it extremely difficult at this level and I don't rate him at all, but will trust Beattie's judgment.

The signing of Bettinelli is a massive positive for us - I hope he stays fit and healthy as his signing until the end of the season gives us one less thing to worry about.

I think things are getting better and we'll see our first win soon enough. We didn't deserve to win the Burton game by far but we were much more coherent in our play and the loss was cruel. We'll see our first win soon enough.

Keep the faith.
AccyMad, Wynonie Harris and ianray like this.
Old 03-09-2013, 14:03   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Webber n Naismith will do fer me as a front 2, Agree we will see our first win soon enough, possibly at the snake pit, but if not won't be that long i reckon. Attendances n Marcus have already been covered so aint gonna repeat meself. The Rob Heys situation will not make one jot of difference to my reckoning. Hes more n welcome as a spectator.
Old 03-09-2013, 16:41   #4
Senior Member+

Interesting!,we conceed 14 goals in 7 games and the midfield gets the blame,we only score 5 goals and the midfield gets the blame !,another fact is out of 14 goals conceded,11 have been by the oppositions forwards.My conclusion is its not all the midfields fault !!!
Old 03-09-2013, 17:51   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianray View Post
fact 1... One point from a possible 15 ... Still we the supporters back james beattie 100% ... Fact 2. Attendences dropping each game rob heys situation will not help, also him sat in the stand well it beggers belief is it acceptable with our chairman ?... Fact 3. Center fowards danny webber banned for 3 games marcus carver not trusted to start leaves us with no reconized c/f up front for the past few games except for will hatfield... M.carver gone out on lone to halifax fc... Now back with danny as only recognized striker... Fact 4. Back four solid as nori bricks.... Fact 5. Midfield weak piero minola wish he was 6 foot bully... Joyce 6/10 ....richardson 4/10 creates nothing going foward does not break up any attacks from opposition . Kal naismith 10/10 seems at times like he's banging his head against a brick wall.... Goal keeper bettinelli 10/10 ...just my thoughts and just for fun ... ....on stanley on ...i a little bit of luck will help keep your fingers crossed i am
good post, e xcellent points.
ianray likes this.
Old 03-09-2013, 21:54   #6
Senior Member+

5 leagues games is to few to judge a manager,
re-start the thread after 10 games.
Old 03-09-2013, 22:34   #7

Thumbs down Re: 2013/14 season 5 Games gone ?

Next it will be big jc bk .
Old 04-09-2013, 06:17   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
5 leagues games is to few to judge a manager,
re-start the thread after 10 games.
NOBODY'S judging JAMES BEATTIE read my thread properly... Even 10 games would be too soon
kristo1 likes this.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:18   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
Next it will be big jc bk .
NO THANKS ...Then the attendence would drop
kristo1 likes this.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:24   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Webber n Naismith will do fer me as a front 2, Agree we will see our first win soon enough, possibly at the snake pit, but if not won't be that long i reckon. Attendances n Marcus have already been covered so aint gonna repeat meself. The Rob Heys situation will not make one jot of difference to my reckoning. Hes more n welcome as a spectator.
As much as i respect your comments Sir my own brother had decided to return and watch Stanley after being away since the prievious betting scandle and then this happens ... I'll keep trying to get him back watching
kristo1 likes this.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:03   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
NO THANKS ...Then the attendence would drop
Disagree, I know it would increase

but that is not the right debate for now.
smobile likes this.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:28   #12

TBH they couldn't really get any lower - it's a real worry for me.

It was well stated seasons ago by EW that we needed 2000 coming through every home game.

There are only usually 2 or 3 conference games with lower gates. Don't know what the answer is, the club are even giving away tickets to school leavers and less than 100 have been taken up I believe.
kristo1 likes this.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:30   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
TBH they couldn't really get any lower - it's a real worry for me.

It was well stated seasons ago by EW that we needed 2000 coming through every home game.

There are only usually 2 or 3 conference games with lower gates. Don't know what the answer is, the club are even giving away tickets to school leavers and less than 100 have been taken up I believe.
Unless someone finds an answer soon we are DOOMED . i keep banging on about our Chairman and several directors living too far away from ACCRINGTON... i'm convinced if they lived closer things could be better,or would they... i've been shouted down once so i'm not going down that path... Things have got to change BEATTIE and co are working thier buts off the players are playing to the best of thier ability we just need GOALS and SOON ...on Saturday we face the Snake .. LETS KEEP THE FAITH ... and ON STANLEY ON ....
kristo1 likes this.
Old 04-09-2013, 14:29   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Unless someone finds an answer soon we are DOOMED . i keep banging on about our Chairman and several directors living too far away from ACCRINGTON... i'm convinced if they lived closer things could be better,or would they... i've been shouted down once so i'm not going down that path... Things have got to change BEATTIE and co are working thier buts off the players are playing to the best of thier ability we just need GOALS and SOON ...on Saturday we face the Snake .. LETS KEEP THE FAITH ... and ON STANLEY ON ....
http://files.coloribus.com/files/ads...mall-10175.jpg cop fer this.
Old 04-09-2013, 15:52   #15
Junior Member+

Tough game saturday aswell... :/
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..