Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree72Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2013, 18:15   #16
Super Moderator

Re: 2013/14 season 5 Games gone ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
TBH they couldn't really get any lower - it's a real worry for me.

It was well stated seasons ago by EW that we needed 2000 coming through every home game.

There are only usually 2 or 3 conference games with lower gates. Don't know what the answer is, the club are even giving away tickets to school leavers and less than 100 have been taken up I believe.
Don't forget also, that as the club have reduced some admission prices, we actually need higher gates just to achieve our usual level of hand-to-mouth penury. The fact that gates seem to be dropping is very worrying. As for the take up of free season tickets, I think it's been quoted on here as being 42.
Old 04-09-2013, 18:35   #17
Full Member+

'This is Stanley, the club that wouldn't die'
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 04-09-2013, 19:12   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanultra View Post
Tough game saturday aswell... :/
Every game is tough when the only luck you have is bad. Gloom is understandable, but I console myself, whilst keeping every digit crossed, that Stanley's luck can't get any worse and, in any game involving a ball, luck can change without any discernible cause.
Outback Ozzy and yonmon like this.
Old 04-09-2013, 19:21   #19
I am Banned

All Stanley really need is that first goal to get past level 1. Our first win is coming soon. And also we've only conceded once in our last 4 games. We deserved more at Crewe. We will soon get back on track. It's only a matter of time.
Outback Ozzy and cashman like this.

Last edited by accytom101; 04-09-2013 at 19:25.
Old 04-09-2013, 19:48   #20
Junior Member+

We can do it.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 04-09-2013, 20:15   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accytom101 View Post
All Stanley really need is that first goal to get past level 1. Our first win is coming soon. And also we've only conceded once in our last 4 games. We deserved more at Crewe. We will soon get back on track. It's only a matter of time.
Everyone that went to Crewe know that i reckon Tom. Tis those that didn't are Doom-Mongers.
Old 04-09-2013, 22:23   #22
God Member

Rob Heys has been stupid . but he is not a leach that has been using the club as a cash cow , he has been dedicated to the cause sweat blood and tears . he is no Charles green or Craig whyte so we should give him the benefit of the doubt. I think James Beattie will come good with his good contacts and a central midfielder that breaks up the play..
Old 05-09-2013, 04:20   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
Rob Heys has been stupid . but he is not a leach that has been using the club as a cash cow , he has been dedicated to the cause sweat blood and tears . he is no Charles green or Craig whyte so we should give him the benefit of the doubt. I think James Beattie will come good with his good contacts and a central midfielder that breaks up the play..
Why ya quoting about Rob Heys on a thread about the first 5 games is beyond me. However, he broke the rules and deservedly got punished, whether that punishment is too strong is not for us to decide. I liked the guy, but he let everyone down. OK so he now starts to pay to watch Stanley and I am sure people will welcome that, others won't.
Back to thread, People should start to worry come 10, 15 or 20 games into the season. Lets just support JB and the team and all will come good in the end, of that i am certain
Wynonie Harris and cashman like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 05-09-2013, 07:21   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Everyone that went to Crewe know that i reckon Tom. Tis those that didn't are Doom-Mongers.
Sir, Those that didnt GO are Doom mongers ... NO... WE ARE BEING HONEST LOOKING AT THE FACTS SO FAR... IF JAMES BEATTIE CAN'T TURN IT ROUND WITH THESE PLAYERS NOBODY CAN WE THINK HE CAN ... CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ... SO ACCORDING TO YOU THE 54 SUPPORTERS THAT WENT TO CREWE ARE NOT DOOM MONGERS BUT THE REST OF US WHO COULD NOT GET THERE ARE DOOM MONGERS .
kristo1 likes this.

Last edited by ianray; 05-09-2013 at 07:27.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:27   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianray View Post
Sir Those that didnt GO are Doom mongers ... NO... WE ARE BEING HONEST LOOKING AT THE FACTS SO FAR... IF JAMES BEATTIE CAN'T TURN IT ROUND WITH THESE PLAYERS NOBODY CAN WE THINK HE CAN ... CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ... SO ACCORDING TO YOU THE 54 SUPPORTERS THAT WENT TO CREWE ARE NOT DOOM MONGERS BUT THE REST OF US WHO COULD NOT GET THERE ARE DOOM MONGERS .
No not the rest of the supporters some of em including you Ian, is that difficult to grasp?
Old 05-09-2013, 07:38   #26

Quote:
No not the rest of the supporters some of em including you Ian, is that difficult to grasp?
You have your opinion i have mine ... have a good day see you at the SNAKE PIT
kristo1 likes this.

Last edited by ianray; 05-09-2013 at 07:43.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:43   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
As you might have noticed Cashy, due to unforeseen circumstances I was unable to make the Crewe match...but I grasped immediately your point that, had I been able to see the quality of the Red's performance on the night. then I could feel with some confidence that that our team will sooner than later find success, and therefore see no need whatsoever to join up with the 'writing-on-the-wall' Brigade !.
Now was that perspicacity or what ??.

Last edited by yonmon; 05-09-2013 at 07:46.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:46   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
As you might have noticed Cashy, due to unforeseen circumstances I was unable to make the Crewe match...but I grasped immediately your point that, had I been able to see the quality of the Red's performance on the night. then I could feel with some confidence that that our team will sooner than later find success, and therefore see no need whatsoever to join up with the 'writing-on-the-wall' Brigade !.
Now was that perspicacity or what ??.

No it was just common sense yonmon, but never mind were all Stanley Fans.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:15   #29
Senior Member+

5 games gone and from reading posts the majority are of the opinion that the midfield needs strengthening, our defence has also been criticized at times, with the result of the 5 games played, it’s hardly surprising that we are all looking at what is needed to achieve the results we crave, but at the end of the day these decisions are for JB and it’s for us to support the manager and his squad at these very difficult time
cashman, kristo1 and ianray like this.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:30   #30

Don't some people who come on here make themselfs look TOTAL PILOCKS using words like PENURY and PERSPICACITY unless of course they use these type of words to thier friends in everyday language.
kristo1 likes this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..