Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Bits & Bobs (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/bits-and-bobs-50235.html)

cashman 24-12-2020 07:27

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1248307)
It is not surprising that the virus transmits between the players! Watching televised matches at all levels the players are still jumping all over each other, hugging and shaking hands, as are the coaches and other staff at the end of matches. If we did that on the streets and in the shops we would get fined! Whilst football and rugby are rightfully classed as contact sports most of the actual contact really happens in the ‘celebrations’ of scoring goals or points! Much tighter control is needed if teams are to reduce the incidence of cross infection. I haven’t hugged my two daughters or my two grandsons for nine months now! Surely the players can exercise some control and reduce the risks!:stupid::stop:

aye yer right but many players are as numb as they come.

andyd 24-12-2020 07:54

Good idea from Germany third tier side Dynamo Dresden, cup game asked supporters to buy a ticket for £5, game was played BCD they sold 72000 that's £360000 in the clubs coffers.

VALAIRIAN 24-12-2020 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1248307)
It is not surprising that the virus transmits between the players! Watching televised matches at all levels the players are still jumping all over each other, hugging and shaking hands, as are the coaches and other staff at the end of matches. If we did that on the streets and in the shops we would get fined! Whilst football and rugby are rightfully classed as contact sports most of the actual contact really happens in the ‘celebrations’ of scoring goals or points! Much tighter control is needed if teams are to reduce the incidence of cross infection. I haven’t hugged my two daughters or my two grandsons for nine months now! Surely the players can exercise some control and reduce the risks!:stupid::stop:

Spot on my friend, I have been saying the same for ages... It is the same for Builders, they cannot catch CV19 at work either........... :(

VALAIRIAN 24-12-2020 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248308)
With the new rules in the premiership about teams in tier 4 areas testing 2 times a week, they must feel there is a greater threat from this new varient of Covid, surely at lower levels were testing is done periodically due to cost anything they can do to minimise contact would be a good idea..Also reduce the number of people in the stadium to a minimum, Chairmen and guests, managers from other clubs watching players, fans aren't allowed in so the bare minimum to me that's required to stage a game should be the norm.

You are more than likely correct Andy, but I imagine all Clubs are flaunting the rules....

Twenty Eight 24-12-2020 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248310)
Good idea from Germany third tier side Dynamo Dresden, cup game asked supporters to buy a ticket for £5, game was played BCD they sold 72000 that's £360000 in the clubs coffers.

Why is that a good idea ? Northing different to asking fans to make a donation.

monkey hanger 24-12-2020 10:07

Quote:

doubt that would go down well with yorkshire clubs and their fans.

VALAIRIAN 24-12-2020 11:23

Quote:

Like that idea Andy, could see variations of that happening at clubs soon, any income will be helpful to them :)

:) :) :)

andyd 24-12-2020 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1248313)
Why is that a good idea ? Northing different to asking fans to make a donation.

Are you from Yorkshire the land of padlocks on wallets?

andyd 24-12-2020 11:50

Outbreak at Hull City now no games at all for them over Xmas period getting a bit serious now.

choirboy 24-12-2020 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248318)

Did you know why there are so many left handed people in Yorkshire? .....:rolleyes:
.....Because they all keep their money in their right hand pocket!:D

monkey hanger 25-12-2020 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248318)

only live there not from there. thats given me immunity from the yorkshire virus.

andyd 25-12-2020 21:08

Blackpool v Rochdale very late decision off tomorrow due to outbreak at Rochdale that's 5 off in league 1 tomorrow.

cashman 26-12-2020 09:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1248362)
Blackpool v Rochdale very late decision off tomorrow due to outbreak at Rochdale that's 5 off in league 1 tomorrow.

its only got 4 on BBC site andy?

AccyMad 26-12-2020 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1248371)
its only got 4 on BBC site andy?

Ours is the 5th :(

Twenty Eight 26-12-2020 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by choirboy (Post 1248322)
Did you know why there are so many left handed people in Yorkshire? .....:rolleyes:
.....Because they all keep their money in their right hand pocket!:D

Lancashire is the only County Ive seen anyone capable of peeling an orange in their pocket.

Why not try it then ?

Here is a good place to start.

£5 donation every time we play with no crowd.

Let’s see how many disappear into their shells !!!