Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

football19 21-09-2011 11:30

Re: Sean Mc

My fear is we dont have any real pace(apart from maybe fletcher),to go direct,as teams are getting wise to our passing game.

football19 21-09-2011 11:33

Cashy,how many league 2 midfielders scored more?,not many,if any !!

cashman 21-09-2011 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 935161)
Cashy,how many league 2 midfielders scored more?,not many,if any !!

Not disputing that fact, he certainly was improved from previous, but the rest of his play including consistency left much to be desired, if we are to progress,its my opinion the only one of those who departed who is missed big time,is Jimmy Ryan, i would love stanley to improve n its my opinion those players Ryan excepted, would not improve us.:)

pidge 21-09-2011 16:39

cashman you must be on another planet if you think the likes off mcconville,gornell,jacobson,edwards an cisak wudnt improve are team any off these players would walk straight into are starting 11 at the moment! an i disagree with you over mcconville he was joint top goalscorer an was top off the assists table last season! me personally would take him back tomorrow along with the other 5 i have mentioned.

cashman 21-09-2011 17:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 935196)
cashman you must be on another planet if you think the likes off mcconville,gornell,jacobson,edwards an cisak wudnt improve are team any off these players would walk straight into are starting 11 at the moment! an i disagree with you over mcconville he was joint top goalscorer an was top off the assists table last season! me personally would take him back tomorrow along with the other 5 i have mentioned.

no your on another planet sunshine, i said improve us, not remain static, the team this season is as good defensivly, its attacking midfielders were short of, only ryan could consistently improve that sector, M,cConville could only occasionally, if yeh can't see that S.W.Allen are much better n Specsavers.:rolleyes:

football19 21-09-2011 17:50

Can see were your coming from Cashy,but these are young lads,and i firmly believe they will get better,just wished it would have been at Acci.
Sean had numerous faults,but all these were fixable(coleys no mug).
Previous season 1 goal,following season 13 goals and leading assists suggests he was improving(if he stayed could have been looking at 20 !).
I have always been Ryan fan,and watched his career unfold over the last 10 years,but I would say Gornell is the one we miss most at present,as holding the ball up is key to the system we play.

shakermaker 21-09-2011 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 935214)
the team this season is as good defensivly

Sorry Cashy, have to disagree there. At this point last season we'd conceded just one goal as opposed to the eleven we've conceded so far this season. Also I'd have Joe Jacobson over Kevin McIntyre any day of the week. We're really weak in that position.

In footballing terms I'd also have Cisak, Edwards, McConville, Ryan and Gornell back in a heartbeat. It was a really well blended and balanced, not to mention fantastically technically gifted team, and the difference this season is hard to watch sometimes.

However as long as they all put in 100% and show determination to create chances and win for 90 minutes (unlike on Saturday) then I'll be happy.

VALAIRIAN 21-09-2011 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 935236)
Sorry Cashy, have to disagree there. At this point last season we'd conceded just one goal as opposed to the eleven we've conceded so far this season. Also I'd have Joe Jacobson over Kevin McIntyre any day of the week. We're really weak in that position.

In footballing terms I'd also have Cisak, Edwards, McConville, Ryan and Gornell back in a heartbeat. It was a really well blended and balanced, not to mention fantastically technically gifted team, and the difference this season is hard to watch sometimes.

However as long as they all put in 100% and show determination to create chances and win for 90 minutes (unlike on Saturday) then I'll be happy.

Quick check back Shaker, I think it was 7, plus Newcastle?? We are not strong at the back, McIntyre ain't no left back... :( :) :)

cashman 21-09-2011 18:55

oh i can agree wi jacobsen oer Mcintyre shaker, but even that wouldn't take us forward imho, Phil i had much time for, but fer all his effort,his distribution wasn't the best,Cisak to me is no better n Murdoch, anyway i'm off to bed shortly,leaving early morning, when i return mid October i fully expect the reds to have much improved there position, only time will tell,;)

shakermaker 21-09-2011 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 935243)
Quick check back Shaker, I think it was 7, plus Newcastle?? We are not strong at the back, McIntyre ain't no left back... :( :) :)

I'm only going off League games mate.

fc:stanley 21-09-2011 19:06

This thread is well past its sell by date.

We should all agree that Shaun Mc is a money grabbing waste of space that we should forget about! :D

VALAIRIAN 21-09-2011 19:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 935248)
I'm only going off League games mate.

Fair play Shaker, but we have played 2 games less ;) :)

Revived Red 21-09-2011 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 935160)
My fear is we dont have any real pace(apart from maybe fletcher),to go direct,as teams are getting wise to our passing game.

From what I have seen, we have two players with real pace. Nat Taylor and Kurtis Guthrie. I know that Taylor has been suspended but I think that these two could give defenders something different to think about instead of our sometimes ponderous approach play.

shakermaker 21-09-2011 20:53

Kurtis? Pace? Really?? Sorry, I haven't seen any evidence of that. I see a player who's made a massive step and not fit enough for the Football League. I think he's a talented lad though. I hope we can get him upto scratch.

cashman 21-09-2011 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 935288)
Kurtis? Pace? Really?? Sorry, I haven't seen any evidence of that. I see a player who's made a massive step and not fit enough for the Football League. I think he's a talented lad though. I hope we can get him upto scratch.

agree,whilst i think the kid will develop. milk turns quicker.:D