Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

fc:stanley 08-07-2011 17:06

Sean Mc

I hope he​ falls flat on his face at Stockport ! Money grabber !! What happened to a footballer​s dreams of wanting to get to the highest they could go? But no , drop a league for a few extra pounds! No loyalty to the fans , the club and especially​ John and Jimmy! He was a nothing before and a nothing now! Good riddance!!

Hes really annoyed me since we gave him his break and would rather go down a league for money !! Tbh , Stockport must be delerious ! In my honest opinion he really isn't that good of a player! He got goals last season but most of time he looked like he could be assed and cost us MASSIVELY in the playoffs!!

lancsdave 08-07-2011 17:30

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 917421)
I hope he​ falls flat on his face at Stockport ! Money grabber !! What happened to a footballer​s dreams of wanting to get to the highest they could go? But no , drop a league for a few extra pounds! No loyalty to the fans , the club and especially​ John and Jimmy! He was a nothing before and a nothing now! Good riddance!!

Hes really annoyed me since we gave him his break and would rather go down a league for money !! Tbh , Stockport must be delerious ! In my honest opinion he really isn't that good of a player! He got goals last season but most of time he looked like he could be assed and cost us MASSIVELY in the playoffs!!

You seem to contradict yourself by what posted on the other thread about Jacobson :confused:

Quote:

It's not about that though ! It's s job , it's a place of work ! The work place I's ****e at Stanley and has low pay ,

hatter82 08-07-2011 17:32

Dont be so bitter!

I hope he does well for us :)

fc:stanley 08-07-2011 18:12

Dave have you been to stockports training ground recently ? I have . Have you seen there football pitch over the years ! I have! And both are not any better then ares!
Your getting boring now anyway quoting me, got nothing better to do? Walk the dog or something, it's stopped raining now !

ddevil2006 08-07-2011 18:15

remember 1988, they all left, bar Gary Butcher, seen it before Accrington Stanley will carry on, any way in 1988/89 we finished 6th , like the county fan said done be bitter, stanley will always be there for you

mab 08-07-2011 18:33

Now that Stanley have been systematicaly dismantaled and had the heart ripped out of last seasons playoff team,McConville, Ryan, Jacobson, Edwards, Gornall, and Cisak!!! thats 6 of the first eleven that played.Together one from the with the severn ( Jonny Bateson, Andy Parkinson, Chris Turner, Rory Boulding, Zak Riley, Andy Owens and Tom Smyth ) which have be released. With only one Danny Coid coming in at the moment! with our first friendly next wednesday have we a new starting eleven or will it be mainly trilists :( What or should i say who next:(

football19 08-07-2011 18:36

wish the lad all the best,and thank him for some class goals last year.
Still think its a big mistake on his part.
Hes not a forward or winger,so if they dont play a three behind the forward,i think he may not progress as fast as he should,

Kiwi John 08-07-2011 18:50

I'm dissapointed with Sean. I do wish him well, but crikey, what a step backwards. It would seem logical to hang around in the football league and continue to build on his massive improvement of last season, rather than step back in time. Crap about 1 step back to go 2 forward.

smudgie 08-07-2011 18:55

Yes he scored some great goals last season, and he was a massively improved player, however will he be such a big loss???

I dont think so.

Keep the faith!!!

Larry Lobster 08-07-2011 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 917421)

That makes you sound very bitter. You must remember that, To you Accrington Stanley is a passion for life. To a player, it's a job and usually for just one year.

He may argue that the club could have shown loyalty to him mid season by offering to extend his contract. The same of course can be said of most players. Loyalty is a two way street, and when you are sure of only getting wages for the next 12 months, surely it's natural to take the best offer.

It may turn out to be a good move for him if County bounce straight back. It may turn into a poor move, but he's clearly not on his own in "jumping ship".

Outback Ozzy 08-07-2011 20:04

I am deeply disappointed by this news. Yes I have faith in John and Jimmy to sign the next team in plenty of time, but in this instance, I partially agree with fc:stanley. No loyalty to ythe club, no loyalty to the fans and no family loyalty! the question is, who have we got left? And before someone quotes me the members of the team that have signed deals, remember this, we only have one goalkeeper, the defence is looking a little better (do hope Long signs on again from Burnley) and the midfield is also coming together, but where is our attack?
I do hope all these teams that are nicking our players that have to pay a fee get well and truly stung.

Doug 08-07-2011 20:12

Only supporters have loyalty to their Club; My loyalty is to Accrington Stanley; the name is a living thing. Owners; Managers & Players all come and go at some time, we may love the memory or just bitch like a bunch of girls, but only until their replaced; and they will be. Wish these lads well and let them be on their why; their no longer ours to care about.

Forever Red, forever Stanley. On, Stanley On!

carpon 08-07-2011 20:34

Facing facts, loyalty doesn't rank highly in footballers morals these days. You only have to cast your mind back to last autumn when a certain England centre forward was holding Sir Alex and Man U to ransom...:o

But one thing that has to be remembered is no player is bigger than the club. Players come and players will go, the club will always remain.

Personally, I'm not too disappointed by this news. Best of luck to McConville and all the others who are trying their luck elsewhere. When McConville wanted to , he could look good, however at times he could also look lazy, lethargic, uninterested. As for his sending off in the second leg of the play off game, it showed that the lad still has a lot of growing up to do.:o

Under the stewardship and guidance of the Maestro Coley and his able assistant, he may have developed more. Under the stewardship of an untried manager, playing in what is getting an even harder league to get out of these days.....who knows???:confused:

Although McConville won't need to look far for familiar faces who thought these so called "bigger clubs", playing in a lower league albeit paying better wages were a better option,rather than sticking it out at Stanley. The conference is full of 'em.:rolleyes:

Hopefully we will get suitably compensated,hopefully with some nice sell on / add on clauses of our own structured into these deals for Ryan, Gornell, Cisak and McConville. I'm sure Coley will unearth more unpolished gems. Thanks to the regime change at the top and with the future promising to be hopefully much more financially stable, If Coley can produce the goods and find some more gems, we'll be in a better position to tie them down on longer term deals.

In Coley I trust.

As the great man says....keep the faith !!!!

DAV007 08-07-2011 20:56

How can you have as go at Sean McConville?

Stockport have a new manager and chairman with ambition, who is backing the ambition financially.

Sean is talented and improving, but is realsitic enough to realise he wont make it to the top and has to take every opportunity to maximise his income while he can.

Thanks Sean for the hard work and goals, you will be missed.

However, im sure JC and JB will find another Sean McConville in the coming years.

cashman 08-07-2011 21:05

Hard Work???:confused: give oer Davo, twas only occasionally that! scored some top goals yep n certainly improved last season, but don't get carried away wi his value to the club, which by the way would have increased greatly if his improvement continued n he'd had the sense to stay another season.

MCR ADIM 08-07-2011 21:15

Coleman warns McConville | Accrington Stanley News, Fixtures, Results, Table | Sky Sports

DAV007 08-07-2011 21:28

another player leaves which he is fully within his rights to do, and as usual they get criticised.

Redraine 08-07-2011 21:34

Sean's interview at Stockport:-

- Pure 107.8FM

lancsdave 08-07-2011 21:40

Shame they couldn't get the right headline :D

fc:stanley 08-07-2011 23:08

It's all to do with loyalty !! He was just a non league player before we gave him the chance! This season he did ok , he wasn't anything good , from watching 99% of accs games last season I can't remember a game were he stood out !! Oh yeh , doing ****e in the playoffs !! So coley came under so much criticism playing him and he rewards coley with what ? Not a move to a better club or a higher division but no to a club in a lower league and to a club which isnt at all better then us ATM.

Even Cav and Rocky had more commitment but get slated at every opportunity ! Some say I'm bitter but I'm not , just quite annoyed and deflated of what's happening at the club ATM !

cashman 08-07-2011 23:13

The fact he quoted the Stockport manager in the video, who whilst he was a good player in his day, is yet unproven at managerial level, i regard as n insult to Coley n his uncle jimmy, many have the top players have done sod all in management, as history proves.:(

maccawozzagod 09-07-2011 05:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seanontheradio (Post 917531)
we overacheived massively last season and a lot of the players have cashed in on it

never a truer word spoken:mad:

VALAIRIAN 09-07-2011 07:25

Transfer.

Friday 8th Jul 2011.

McConville Departs.

Sean McConville has signed for Blue Square Premier side Stockport County.

The 22-year old scored 13 goals for Stanley last season and becomes Dietmar Hamann's first signing for the newly relegated side.

McConville arrived at Stanley in February 2009, making his Football League debut in the same month against Bournemouth and went on to make 89 appearances for the Reds.

He has agreed a two year deal at County.

So it is on the official site, Macca has left... I wish the lad well, it is his own choice! I feel it is the wrong choice, but he is driven by the cash so fair play to him - better him go than we end up being blackmailed into paying him stupid money to stay!!! I feel sorry for Uncle Jimmy - he must feel let down - blood is thicker than water, but not thicker than blood ;)

He had a good season last season, but flattered to deceive in the season and a half before. If we have got some cash left after paying Skem, then we have done well.

The problem we have now is - like Branch, Williams and Miles - he has gone and we will have to find somebody else to moan about..... :rolleyes: :)

He owes us nowt and we owe him the same.

In Coley, we trust.

VALAIRIAN 09-07-2011 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redraine (Post 917488)
Sean's interview at Stockport:-

- Pure 107.8FM

That is some interview!!!!!!!!! :(

cashman 09-07-2011 08:14

After a couple of seasons in the non league, he can always return...............to Primark.:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

mab 09-07-2011 08:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 917554)
That is some interview!!!!!!!!! :(

Your not wrong VAL!!Interesting bit quote "nothing to do with the money its the stature of the manager" unquote:(:(:( As del-boy would say what a plonker:D

lancsdave 09-07-2011 08:26

Not heard the interview but from the snippets on here so far a home draw against Stockport in the FA Cup would provide a platform for a few polite responses to it :D

DAV007 09-07-2011 08:26

i heard an interview with the new stockport chairman.
He doesnt seem to realise how hard it will be to get out of the bs prem.
You can expect darlo, luton, fleetwood and cambridge to be strong next season.

Fritzel 09-07-2011 08:32

Training ground like a rugby pitch (oh wait it is a rugby pitch) home pitch was a cabbage patch all last season, all quality players have moved on, paid late months in a row (in installments) no commercial dept at all bringing in cash, just about got a shirt sponsor and kit deal (cant be that great as manager still wears his old Joma kit) ....why would Mcconville want to leave??

mab 09-07-2011 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritzel (Post 917578)
Training ground like a rugby pitch (oh wait it is a rugby pitch) home pitch was a cabbage patch all last season, all quality players have moved on, paid late months in a row (in installments) no commercial dept at all bringing in cash, just about got a shirt sponsor and kit deal (cant be that great as manager still wears his old Joma kit) ....why would Mcconville want to leave??

:eek: Now your just been picky;):D

lancsdave 09-07-2011 08:50

Quote:

Training ground like a rugby pitch (oh wait it is a rugby pitch)

So is Edgeley Park :D

Fritzel 09-07-2011 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 917589)
So is Edgeley Park :D

AGREED Dave .... and thats just on a county match day !!

mab 09-07-2011 10:17

Sean talks to the Telegraph although its very much like the interview link;) good old Telegraph:rolleyes::D heres the link... McConville: I left Stanley because of Hamann (From Lancashire Telegraph)

fc:stanley 09-07-2011 10:26

Quote:

110% correct for all the players that's left !!

nige b 09-07-2011 12:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 917629)
Sean talks to the Telegraph although its very much like the interview link;) good old Telegraph:rolleyes::D heres the link... McConville: I left Stanley because of Hamann (From Lancashire Telegraph)

so he thinks that if he can have a good season the world is his oyster and he can sign for anyone. maybe if he wasn't so thick he would understand deluded or in basic terms sonny you are not a very good footballer and the chances of seeing you back in the football league are minimal ..............good riddance:mad:

maccawozzagod 09-07-2011 13:14

ha ha, nice one Nige!

smudgie 09-07-2011 13:18

HAHA nice !!! :)

Redraine 09-07-2011 16:13

I am appalled by some of the negative, vindictive comments re. Sean on here, but now have a feeling of great inner tranquillity when looking forward to the coming season. My mind is at rest!;)

Wynonie Harris 09-07-2011 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by nige b (Post 917656)
the world is his oyster and he can sign for anyone.

...poor, deluded lad! :rolleyes:

lancsdave 09-07-2011 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy (Post 917470)
(do hope Long signs on again from Burnley) .

Well if they have asked for him back it's not been decided yet. He played for his parent club today and I would imagine he will figure in the next few friendlies at least to give Eddie a chance to have a look at him

shakermaker 09-07-2011 19:59

It disgusts me when footballers choose non-league over league for the sake of a few pieces of silver. Sean will ultimately pay for this decision though as his development has now been truncated. Stockport will be expecting a 'finished article'; a goal scoring midfielder ready to slot into their team... and they haven't got one. The likelihood of his career progressing anywhere now is slim. Bad form Sean.

cashman 09-07-2011 20:06

Don't let it disgust yeh shaker, yeh got to make allowances, whilst i wish the lad no harm, seems to me- If yeh put his brain in a Budgie, It would fly backwards.;)

nige b 09-07-2011 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 917733)
Don't let it disgust yeh shaker, yeh got to make allowances, whilst i wish the lad no harm, seems to me- If yeh put his brain in a Budgie, It would fly backwards.;)

nice one cashy and would be damn funny to watch and not too different to his playing style!;)

yerself 09-07-2011 20:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker
It disgusts me when footballers choose non-league over league

You mean like the fat midfielder we picked up from Fleetwood?:rolleyes:

shakermaker 09-07-2011 20:55

Shameless paraphrasing there yerself!

nige b 09-07-2011 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 917740)
You mean like the fat midfielder we picked up from Fleetwood?:rolleyes:

rather have him than the under fed one we have just sold to stockport

Larry Lobster 09-07-2011 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 917731)
It disgusts me when footballers choose non-league over league for the sake of a few pieces of silver. Sean will ultimately pay for this decision though as his development has now been truncated. Stockport will be expecting a 'finished article'; a goal scoring midfielder ready to slot into their team... and they haven't got one. The likelihood of his career progressing anywhere now is slim. Bad form Sean.

The bitterness on this thread towards one of several players that have left really surprises me. The Conference is, to all intents and purposes, an extention of the Football league these days. Most clubs are full time and the standard is little different than League 2.

That Sean McConville managed to score 13 times when the concensus seems to be that he was crap, suggests to me that if he has a "good" season he might just score a hatfull of goals.

County may well have a good season, I expect they'll be up there challenging. If they were to come straight back up, they'd be stronger for the experience and it wouldn't have been a bad move. But that's the beauty of football. No one can predict what's in store over the next 9 months.

cashman 09-07-2011 21:38

if yeh have listened to his video larry, maybe yeh will understand it? i aint bitter in fact i aint bothered, apart from disappointment. can understand any lad leaving, but theres a way of doin things, that gains respect/good wishes n theres ways that isn't.;)

smudgie 10-07-2011 06:27

I think its just the circumstances that has surrounded it that has wound people up larry

madkev 10-07-2011 07:42

Hope he signed the shirt I sponsored for last season before he cleared off to hotpot county :)

Players must be barmy wanting to leave the mighty Accy Stanley!

shakermaker 10-07-2011 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Lobster (Post 917746)
The bitterness on this thread towards one of several players that have left really surprises me.

It wasn't bitterness at all. I gave my opinion, which is that Sean's development is likely to suffer with this move.

maccawozzagod 10-07-2011 13:29

A lot of people never rated Sean anyway but right at the start he was getting games when others like Turner (having just won young player of the year) weren't. He got chance after chance after chance. In fairness he turned to be not bad, but he was that good neither. He had his moments fair enough and is a player I'd rather have than not have, but if County are expecting anything like a polished article then they'll be very disappointed.

One of the great things about Stanley is that (wait for it) the fans don't moan a lot! Once you've sewn up your sides after splitting them think about it. There are a few groaners in the main stand and the cow shed but in the main players are supported rather than shot down. Certainly at the games but even on the much maligned Accy Web, where we have more moaners per capita than in a whorehouse, the abuse is very tame.

People are generally just rated as 'crap' on here and don't suffer anything like the vitriol that other clubs can and will dish out. I think Cashy and Redraine were the stand out Macca dissenters last season and both frequently acknowledged his improvement (oft through gritted teeth). If Sean is as crap for County as he was on occasions for us then the famous Cheadle End roar will soon destroy him. Some have said this move could be the making of him, but it could very easily be the camels back breaking straw that has him ringing Primark Personnel up begging for his shelf stacking job back.

VALAIRIAN 10-07-2011 13:40

Some true stuff there Macca, I work with a few Vale FANs and they never stop moaning about the "Richards Twins" up front!! They scored close on 30 goals between them, but they were only ever "Slated" for the goals they missed!! :eek: Never the goals they scored!! Whenever they scored, they were "Easy" or "Sitters", but if they missed, it always cost them the game!! Fickle, or what!! :rolleyes: Macca may set The Conference on fire, maybe not, but he has gone and we must move on!! :)

I would just like to see some new names coming in, then we can start to talk about who we have got and not who has gone ;) :) :)

lancsdave 10-07-2011 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 917854)
but even on the much maligned Accy Web, where we have more moaners per capita than in a whorehouse, the abuse is very tame.

Yep very playgroup stuff compared to some. Claretsmad has about 1 brain cell to every hundred posters at times. This week they have been clamouring for the resignation of what has probably been the club's best chairman. He's been vilified by the village idiots because he wouldn't break the wage structure to sign one player.

cashman 10-07-2011 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 917860)
Yep very playgroup stuff compared to some. Claretsmad has about 1 brain cell to every hundred posters at times. This week they have been clamouring for the resignation of what has probably been the club's best chairman. He's been vilified by the village idiots because he wouldn't break the wage structure to sign one player.

That speaks volumes fer the amount of common sense by dingles.:D still back to sean, hes gone, history,n i won't lose any sleep.:D

lancsdave 10-07-2011 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 917873)
still back to sean, hes gone, history,n i won't lose any sleep.:D

Yep, and as Gordon Taylor said the other day, plenty of others to take his place

Quote:

PLAYERS’ boss Gordon Taylor says more than 700 players are looking for clubs – a record number without a job
While top clubs such as both Manchester teams, City and United, and Liverpool are splashing the cash this summer the economic downturn lower down the leagues has left hundreds of players looking for clubs.

cashman 10-07-2011 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 917876)
Yep, and as Gordon Taylor said the other day, plenty of others to take his place

that should suit coley.;)

smudgie 10-07-2011 16:36

Exactly.

Im honestly not worried.

There are some quality names available.

nige b 10-07-2011 17:21

[quote=madkev;917795]Hope he signed the shirt I sponsored for last season before he cleared off to hotpot county :) doubt it kev jimmy and sunbeds didn't put pen to polyester on our 2 before they jumped ship:mad:

smudgie 10-07-2011 18:00

One of the reasons ill never get a sponsored shirt when they are such a nightmare to collect and are never signed, which is just ridiculous when it says they are when you sponsor them in the first place!

harwood red 10-07-2011 18:26

well although chris said he was leaving my shirt I sponsered when he left, it turns out he didn't after all!! But have to say that Mr T has come up with a fantastic "other option". so anyone who sponsored a shirt last season pm Mr T on here with who you sponsored and your details and I am sure he will do everything he can to sort out.

The prob is the players doing a runner with their shirts most of the time and then the club struggling to get them back, which is even worse when they leave the club too

Fritzel 10-07-2011 19:21

Am I wrong to presume that getting a permanent marker into the home dressing room on the last game of the season is that difficult, it would have been obvious (even in May) that not EVERY member of the entire squad would not re-sign for the coming season so why not get the shirts signed directly after the last match (having them dirty and smelly confirms they are genuine too !!)

lancsdave 10-07-2011 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritzel (Post 917928)
Am I wrong to presume that getting a permanent marker into the home dressing room on the last game of the season is that difficult, it would have been obvious (even in May) that not EVERY member of the entire squad would not re-sign for the coming season so why not get the shirts signed directly after the last match (having them dirty and smelly confirms they are genuine too !!)

They shouldn't have to be watched like schoolchildren knicking stuff from an unlocked stationery cupboard in the classroom.

The players know the shirts that have been sponsored, and even though they may be the lowest players in the league some of the sponsors are not as well paid and probably pay whay they struggle to afford to help the club. A bit more respect to people who do this woudn't go amiss.

I was told ( and don't know how correct it is ) that Danielle got the players to sign a form to say they would refund the money if the players didn't return the shirts. Shame she wasn't still there at the end of the season to sort them out

VALAIRIAN 10-07-2011 20:25

Has it not occured to you my friend, that some of the players actually want to keep their shirts as a souvenir/momento of their times at Stanley???? And to be honest there is little the club can do about it!! Mr.T. Will no doubt keep us informed ;) Reply to post 62.

VALAIRIAN 10-07-2011 20:28

Thing is LD, she has gone, as has Martin, so there is little or no chance....

P.S. How is my Richardson top coming along? :p :D :D

lancsdave 10-07-2011 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 917950)
Thing is LD, she has gone, as has Martin, so there is little or no chance....

P.S. How is my Richardson top coming along? :p :D :D

Will ring up tomorrow and check, wasn't in week before last.

lancsdave 10-07-2011 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 917948)
Has it not occured to you my friend, that some of the players actually want to keep their shirts as a souvenir/momento of their times at Stanley???? :confused: :rolleyes: :) Reply to post 62

If truth be told Joe thats probably what happens at most clubs, you more than likely don't get the actual players top but a new one with their name on. Still needs sorting though.

VALAIRIAN 10-07-2011 20:32

I hold out no hope my mate, but no doubt I will be chucking cash at another top this season!!! :bangh8: :D :D

lancsdave 10-07-2011 20:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 917950)
Thing is LD, she has gone,

There's a vacancy get her back :)

maccawozzagod 10-07-2011 20:35

if a player wants to keep one of his match worn shirts is it not too difficult to supply him with one 'at cost' to wear in the last match?

Beyond that it still shouldn't be too difficult to prevent a player from leaving the dressing room with it.

maccawozzagod 10-07-2011 20:37

and i think that providing the sponsor with a new one, badged and certificated, is fine whether it is worn or not - as long as it hasn't got the tags attached you'd never know anyway. And they could always let the youth team wear it in a training session to get it authentically stinking!

lancsdave 10-07-2011 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 917956)
if a player wants to keep one of his match worn shirts is it not too difficult to supply him with one 'at cost' to wear in the last match?

Beyond that it still shouldn't be too difficult to prevent a player from leaving the dressing room with it.

Lew should have insisted in tracking devices being sewn in to the new ones :D:D

Fritzel 10-07-2011 20:48

with the greatest of respect folks (and I genuinely mean that too) the shirts are not the property of the players, I appreciate they may want to keep a shirt as a momento but unfortunately they have already been allocated to a sponsor who has ploughed their hard earned cash into the club to support ASFC. the concept of giving the players a shirt to wear for one particular match is valid (eg the one off black "cleverboxes" one worn at Stevenage) that the players may keep, and still issue the sponsors with the goods they have paid for - If I wandered off with a keepsake from my last job as a lasting memory of my time there I am sure it would have been scorned upon ....I worked at Natwest !! lol

lancsdave 10-07-2011 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritzel (Post 917970)
eg the one off black "cleverboxes" one worn at Stevenage

They were the shirts worn all season because Coley was superstitious. :)

Fritzel 10-07-2011 20:57

Black Combined were worn all season and Lew made a special Joma Cleverboxes one for the Stevenage away match - the red home kit had a black cleverboxes square placed on from the the Stevenage game at the Crown (hope Im right or I will look a right plank !) lol

Larry Lobster 10-07-2011 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 917948)
Has it not occured to you my friend, that some of the players actually want to keep their shirts as a souvenir/momento of their times at Stanley???? And to be honest there is little the club can do about it!! Mr.T. Will no doubt keep us informed ;) Reply to post 62.

I can't speak for others, but i wanted my sons shirt (Jon Bateson) to frame. He has his Bradford City shirts (home and away) from the the 2009/10 season and i was hoping to do the same with his Accy Stanley shirts. He never got them. I emailed the club and was told that due to "other sponsored shirts" going missing, they may need to use his. A bit odd, as he hasn't signed any of them and also pretty dissapointing from my point of view.

SamF 10-07-2011 22:20

Honestly can't believe someone is willing to pay money to take away Sean McConville, best bit of news we've had this summer IMO.

cashman 10-07-2011 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF (Post 917986)
Honestly can't believe someone is willing to pay money to take away Sean McConville, best bit of news we've had this summer IMO.

Now Sam, i wouldn't call it good news..........................if yeh support Stockport.:hehetable

lancsdave 11-07-2011 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fritzel (Post 917973)
Black Combined were worn all season and Lew made a special Joma Cleverboxes one for the Stevenage away match - the red home kit had a black cleverboxes square placed on from the the Stevenage game at the Crown (hope Im right or I will look a right plank !) lol

Yep, I meant the red ones were worn all season.:)

yerself 11-07-2011 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamF
Honestly can't believe someone is willing to pay money to take away Sean McConville,

Cashman gave 'em the dosh.:)

madkev 11-07-2011 16:31

What did the club come up with to compensate you on your sponsored shirts Nige b?
I'm going to have to contact them to see what's what seeing as pre season friendlies are almost upon us :)

harwood red 12-07-2011 18:04

anyone who sponsored a shirt last season, pm me and I will tell you what the club have done instead of me getting the missing turner shirt and I am very happy :)

nige b 12-07-2011 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by madkev (Post 918087)
What did the club come up with to compensate you on your sponsored shirts Nige b?
I'm going to have to contact them to see what's what seeing as pre season friendlies are almost upon us :)

nothing kev sent rob heys an e mail which he replied to saying drop them in or send them off and he will get them done. a fine sentiment but jimmy's at scunny and phil satanage so can't see it happening somehow!
does anyone know what mr t was/is proposing?

ddevil2006 12-07-2011 18:24

john miles joins stockport today what a team

lancsdave 12-07-2011 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 917721)
Well if they have asked for him back it's not been decided yet. He played for his parent club today and I would imagine he will figure in the next few friendlies at least to give Eddie a chance to have a look at him

Long being played again tonight. The interesting thing is that as on saturday he is being played at right back :confused:

smudgie 12-07-2011 20:25

Long played the 1st 45 minutes.

Ive got a feeling he could be in Howe's first team squad plans this season :(

lancsdave 12-07-2011 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 918426)
Long played the 1st 45 minutes.

Ive got a feeling he could be in Howe's first team squad plans this season :(

Not from what I've heard so far. I think he is just having a look at him because he hasn't seen him play yet. At right back he has no chance of displacing Mears unless somebody comes in for Mears. Rumours are a new centre half will sign so it doesn't look good for Long.

AccyMad 13-07-2011 06:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddevil2006 (Post 918349)
john miles joins stockport today what a team

Surprise, surprise, if that lad fell in a cess pit he'd come up smelling of roses - certainly likes to follow the money our Milesey :rolleyes: (although if rumours about County's takeover are true he truly could find himself in a cess pit this time)

mab 14-07-2011 21:20

Sean backing county, interesting read New boy Sean McConville: We?ll win promotion | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk

football19 14-07-2011 21:53

I will make a prediction !!, If Acci take a chance on the trailist,Jon Routledge,he will make a ready made replacement for Sean.Indeed,i predict he will be better !!!.
I thing he may have been offered another deal at Hamilton,so its upto Coley to weave his magic:)

cashman 14-07-2011 21:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab (Post 918974)

well at least he has now had the balls to say he went fer the money, n if its "Double" as he says its understandable, still think its a bad move personally, but time will tell.

maccawozzagod 14-07-2011 22:46

3/4 of that story is repeated in the Accy Observer today

AccyMad 15-07-2011 06:20

Sorry, double post

AccyMad 15-07-2011 06:22

Wonder if he still rates Hamman's judgement on players as highly now he's signed John Miles? He must have one hell of an agent, hardly plays for Fleetwood, spends most of his time there in the stands or on loan & still gets picked up :)

Redraine 15-07-2011 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 918991)
I will make a prediction !!, If Acci take a chance on the trailist,Jon Routledge,he will make a ready made replacement for Sean.Indeed,i predict he will be better !!!.

That wouldn't be difficult!:D
He does sound a bit of a gem, though. Go for it, Coley.

Oldgobbin 16-07-2011 08:32

An interesting read on the "Stockport Revolution"

The Vaughan Effect & Stockport County Twohundredpercent

football19 30-08-2011 07:40

Heard Sean had been selected for the England squad ( c-team?),anyone else heard?,wish him well

Redraine 30-08-2011 08:16

Stockport fans on their messageboard are not happy so far:-
Mansfield game.......
. "McConville was poor, not impressed, when he found his way in the box he just shot at the keeper, when there was a tight angle and he had better options, and near the end he just did a very lethargic chip and the keeper dived on it, no pace on the cross at all."
Same sort of comments about his play against Lincoln away. Sounds familiar. It's not just me, then.:D

football19 30-08-2011 09:09

Must admit i read the match report and drew the same conclusions!!.
He did ok for Acci in my opinion tho,especially the second season.
You know how fickle fans can be:),but it seems they are playing him on the wing,which is not his best position.

sparkie 30-08-2011 09:12

They aren't to keen on Milsey either!

"John Miles
Posted by James on 29/8/2011, 7:40 pm

Just as bad, if not worse than both Gritton & Chadwick.

No pace, no skill & runs like he's shat himself."

:D