Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

football19 21-09-2011 21:22

Re: Sean Mc

agree with shaker ,Gutherie may have shown a turn of pace playing parks football in Jersey,but at this level hes not,indeed i cant recall him beating anyone with pace alone.
He needs to get his spikes on and get some serious sprint training done to get upto speed to progress

Revived Red 21-09-2011 22:48

It's a pity that the iplayer is no longer available as evidence, but the only Stanley player to give effective chase to Southend's Dickinson when they scored that second goal was Guthrie - and he almost caught him. I think we may have forgotten that.

Revived Red 21-09-2011 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 935295)
indeed i cant recall him beating anyone with pace alone.

A bit like Gornell, then. Or McConville? Or, dare I say it, Craney?

pidge 21-09-2011 23:31

Gornell an mcconville both have more pace than guthrie who doesn't offer much really but is only young an learning his trade so I will reserve judgement!! I just don't see we're the goals are going to come from I really don't which is a massive worry!! Maybe we we're treated last year to some off the best footballers we have seen at this club an now should be happy with league 2 status at the end of this season.

Tin Monkey 22-09-2011 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by pidge (Post 935312)
Maybe we we're treated last year to some off the best footballers we have seen at this club an now should be happy with league 2 status at the end of this season.

What were you realistically hoping for? Automatic promotion? Play-offs again?
If Stanley are still in League 2 at the end of this season it'll be a successful season in my eyes.

JEFF 22-09-2011 09:34

McConville had an offer from a Conference club and he took it. How many Football League clubs made him an offer ? If he is as good as some people think then Football League clubs would have been queuing up to sign him. As I said before - he has found his level.

Exile on Spencer St 22-09-2011 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin Monkey (Post 935336)
What were you realistically hoping for? Automatic promotion? Play-offs again?
If Stanley are still in League 2 at the end of this season it'll be a successful season in my eyes.

Amen to that, brother.

Joey31 22-09-2011 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFF (Post 935355)
McConville had an offer from a Conference club and he took it. How many Football League clubs made him an offer ? If he is as good as some people think then Football League clubs would have been queuing up to sign him. As I said before - he has found his level.

Are you his agent? How do you know if he did or didn't? We can dress it up however you like, but stats show he was one of our most productive players last season and had ability in abundance. A lot more effective than most give him credit for and possesses great technical ability. Whether he regrets the move now I don't know, but he'd walk into this side and many more at this level with his football brain and ability.

yerself 22-09-2011 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey31
Are you his agent? How do you know if he did or didn't? We can dress it up however you like, but stats show he was one of our most productive players last season and had ability in abundance. A lot more effective than most give him credit for and possesses great technical ability. Whether he regrets the move now I don't know, but he'd walk into this side and many more at this level with his football brain and ability.

Did nurse not administer your medication today?

Joey31 22-09-2011 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 935391)
Did nurse not administer your medication today?

Wow, constructive reply.

VALAIRIAN 22-09-2011 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 935367)
Amen to that, brother.

Seconded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smudgie 22-09-2011 18:09

I think 99.9% of us all agree a superb season is to avoid relegation, despite last season's heroic effort.

football19 23-09-2011 09:17

I agree with that smudge.It happened to morecambe last season,playoffs the previous season,then struggled the following one.
As long as the lads give us there all,we cant complain after last seasons rollercoaster ride.
Acci are always going to build teams on potential rather than proven players,basically because of the money being offered.
Some players dont attain the potential expected,some do and they cash in.
In a way it gives the fans something to look forward each season,and watch players develop (and hammer them if they dont perform !!!:)).
Better than being a glory hunter following the man utds etc... imho.

Redraine 23-09-2011 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 935491)
I agree with that smudge.It happened to morecambe last season,playoffs the previous season,then struggled the following one.
As long as the lads give us there all,we cant complain after last seasons rollercoaster ride.
Acci are always going to build teams on potential rather than proven players,basically because of the money being offered.
Some players dont attain the potential expected,some do and they cash in.
In a way it gives the fans something to look forward each season,and watch players develop (and hammer them if they dont perform !!!:)).
Better than being a glory hunter following the man utds etc... imho.

Great post, Football!
Just a shame more people in Accy don't buy into it. Ash is even struggling to get a viable number for the coach to Oxford, and the Ultra's ranks seem to me to be depleting every week.:(

JEFF 23-09-2011 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey31 (Post 935380)

I don't think you need much of a football brain and ability to dance around in the centre circle for half of a game. I will say it again - he has found his level. He dumped Stanley to join Stockport and I wouldn't want him back again.