Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

nige b 09-07-2011 21:08

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 917740)
You mean like the fat midfielder we picked up from Fleetwood?:rolleyes:

rather have him than the under fed one we have just sold to stockport

Larry Lobster 09-07-2011 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by shakermaker (Post 917731)
It disgusts me when footballers choose non-league over league for the sake of a few pieces of silver. Sean will ultimately pay for this decision though as his development has now been truncated. Stockport will be expecting a 'finished article'; a goal scoring midfielder ready to slot into their team... and they haven't got one. The likelihood of his career progressing anywhere now is slim. Bad form Sean.

The bitterness on this thread towards one of several players that have left really surprises me. The Conference is, to all intents and purposes, an extention of the Football league these days. Most clubs are full time and the standard is little different than League 2.

That Sean McConville managed to score 13 times when the concensus seems to be that he was crap, suggests to me that if he has a "good" season he might just score a hatfull of goals.

County may well have a good season, I expect they'll be up there challenging. If they were to come straight back up, they'd be stronger for the experience and it wouldn't have been a bad move. But that's the beauty of football. No one can predict what's in store over the next 9 months.

cashman 09-07-2011 21:38

if yeh have listened to his video larry, maybe yeh will understand it? i aint bitter in fact i aint bothered, apart from disappointment. can understand any lad leaving, but theres a way of doin things, that gains respect/good wishes n theres ways that isn't.;)

smudgie 10-07-2011 06:27

I think its just the circumstances that has surrounded it that has wound people up larry

madkev 10-07-2011 07:42

Hope he signed the shirt I sponsored for last season before he cleared off to hotpot county :)

Players must be barmy wanting to leave the mighty Accy Stanley!

shakermaker 10-07-2011 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Lobster (Post 917746)
The bitterness on this thread towards one of several players that have left really surprises me.

It wasn't bitterness at all. I gave my opinion, which is that Sean's development is likely to suffer with this move.

maccawozzagod 10-07-2011 13:29

A lot of people never rated Sean anyway but right at the start he was getting games when others like Turner (having just won young player of the year) weren't. He got chance after chance after chance. In fairness he turned to be not bad, but he was that good neither. He had his moments fair enough and is a player I'd rather have than not have, but if County are expecting anything like a polished article then they'll be very disappointed.

One of the great things about Stanley is that (wait for it) the fans don't moan a lot! Once you've sewn up your sides after splitting them think about it. There are a few groaners in the main stand and the cow shed but in the main players are supported rather than shot down. Certainly at the games but even on the much maligned Accy Web, where we have more moaners per capita than in a whorehouse, the abuse is very tame.

People are generally just rated as 'crap' on here and don't suffer anything like the vitriol that other clubs can and will dish out. I think Cashy and Redraine were the stand out Macca dissenters last season and both frequently acknowledged his improvement (oft through gritted teeth). If Sean is as crap for County as he was on occasions for us then the famous Cheadle End roar will soon destroy him. Some have said this move could be the making of him, but it could very easily be the camels back breaking straw that has him ringing Primark Personnel up begging for his shelf stacking job back.

VALAIRIAN 10-07-2011 13:40

Some true stuff there Macca, I work with a few Vale FANs and they never stop moaning about the "Richards Twins" up front!! They scored close on 30 goals between them, but they were only ever "Slated" for the goals they missed!! :eek: Never the goals they scored!! Whenever they scored, they were "Easy" or "Sitters", but if they missed, it always cost them the game!! Fickle, or what!! :rolleyes: Macca may set The Conference on fire, maybe not, but he has gone and we must move on!! :)

I would just like to see some new names coming in, then we can start to talk about who we have got and not who has gone ;) :) :)

lancsdave 10-07-2011 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 917854)
but even on the much maligned Accy Web, where we have more moaners per capita than in a whorehouse, the abuse is very tame.

Yep very playgroup stuff compared to some. Claretsmad has about 1 brain cell to every hundred posters at times. This week they have been clamouring for the resignation of what has probably been the club's best chairman. He's been vilified by the village idiots because he wouldn't break the wage structure to sign one player.

cashman 10-07-2011 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 917860)
Yep very playgroup stuff compared to some. Claretsmad has about 1 brain cell to every hundred posters at times. This week they have been clamouring for the resignation of what has probably been the club's best chairman. He's been vilified by the village idiots because he wouldn't break the wage structure to sign one player.

That speaks volumes fer the amount of common sense by dingles.:D still back to sean, hes gone, history,n i won't lose any sleep.:D

lancsdave 10-07-2011 15:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 917873)
still back to sean, hes gone, history,n i won't lose any sleep.:D

Yep, and as Gordon Taylor said the other day, plenty of others to take his place

Quote:

PLAYERS’ boss Gordon Taylor says more than 700 players are looking for clubs – a record number without a job
While top clubs such as both Manchester teams, City and United, and Liverpool are splashing the cash this summer the economic downturn lower down the leagues has left hundreds of players looking for clubs.

cashman 10-07-2011 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 917876)
Yep, and as Gordon Taylor said the other day, plenty of others to take his place

that should suit coley.;)

smudgie 10-07-2011 16:36

Exactly.

Im honestly not worried.

There are some quality names available.

nige b 10-07-2011 17:21

[quote=madkev;917795]Hope he signed the shirt I sponsored for last season before he cleared off to hotpot county :) doubt it kev jimmy and sunbeds didn't put pen to polyester on our 2 before they jumped ship:mad:

smudgie 10-07-2011 18:00

One of the reasons ill never get a sponsored shirt when they are such a nightmare to collect and are never signed, which is just ridiculous when it says they are when you sponsor them in the first place!