Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

Chrisr 18-02-2017 20:19

Re: Sean Mc

I have to say I thought Sean deserved MOM today just ahead of Matty P. Sean has hit a bit of good formlately and I think he should be given fair credit.

st06nc2 18-02-2017 20:36

Deserved mom? He gave away a penalty when he had no need to tackle as Matty p had it covered

cashman 18-02-2017 20:50

To be honest i thought MOM was between him n Clark. the penalty i am waiting to see i thought it was soft.

stanleyhouse 18-02-2017 21:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1187828)
How many is the don out for?also has the portugese lad got clearance yet?

Donacien out for one more game. Still awaiting clearance from Slovenia for Souza.

st06nc2 18-02-2017 21:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse (Post 1187847)
Donacien out for one more game. Still awaiting clearance from Slovenia for Souza.

He was playing in England Last so why do we need clearance from Slovenia

AccyMad 18-02-2017 21:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleyhouse (Post 1187827)
And what a shame he's picked up his tenth yellow and now misses the next two games.

Oh, ffs!! We'll miss our Sean :(

AccyMad 18-02-2017 21:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1187830)
The baffling thing for a new fan like me is that he's been our most consistent player this year (well, apart from Matty P - which goes without saying) yet the criticism I see of him is that he's inconsistent. Or maybe that's what's levelled at him whenever he has a good game.....maybe that's a way of avoiding giving him the praise he deserves?

You've got it in a nutshell Lord D! :rolleyes:

AccyMad 18-02-2017 21:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by st06nc2 (Post 1187843)
Deserved mom? He gave away a penalty when he had no need to tackle as Matty p had it covered

Maybe so, but all the work he did before & after far outweighed that mistake - pity some can't see the shift he puts in . . .

Chimer 18-02-2017 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1187830)
The baffling thing for a new fan like me is that he's been our most consistent player this year (well, apart from Matty P - which goes without saying) yet the criticism I see of him is that he's inconsistent. Or maybe that's what's levelled at him whenever he has a good game.....maybe that's a way of avoiding giving him the praise he deserves?

It's a long story, and if you can bear to read this thread from the start you'll get some idea of just how committed some people are (or hopefully, were) to rubbishing his every move.

In the beginning he was slagged off for not being good enough, only in the team because he’s Jimmy B’s nephew. Then he was slagged off for leaving for newly-relegated Stockport after the first play-off failure (where this thread starts), and people tracked him round non-league delighting in his failure to set non-league alight. Then he was slagged off for coming back, still not good enough and only in the team because … blah blah.

I only see a few games a season at most, so what do I know? Whatever, for me, first time around he was promising but far too lightweight, like a lot of the wingers we tried around that time (e.g. Andy Mangan). This time, he’s still lightweight in the loose rucks which we see a lot of in League 2, but significantly better all round, this season his crosses especially. Also I think he’s taking on more responsibility, which means when he does cock up it’s highly noticeable – and don’t his critics love to notice.

That said, one or two of the said critics are finally beginning to occasionally acknowledge he may not be completely useless – and with any luck this may catch on. We’ll have to see if they cut him any slack next time he has a real stinker.

Lord Didsbury 18-02-2017 23:06

I have a Stockport County fan mate who loathes him.

baldy 19-02-2017 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 1187859)
It's a long story, and if you can bear to read this thread from the start you'll get some idea of just how committed some people are (or hopefully, were) to rubbishing his every move.

In the beginning he was slagged off for not being good enough, only in the team because he’s Jimmy B’s nephew. Then he was slagged off for leaving for newly-relegated Stockport after the first play-off failure (where this thread starts), and people tracked him round non-league delighting in his failure to set non-league alight. Then he was slagged off for coming back, still not good enough and only in the team because … blah blah.

I only see a few games a season at most, so what do I know? Whatever, for me, first time around he was promising but far too lightweight, like a lot of the wingers we tried around that time (e.g. Andy Mangan). This time, he’s still lightweight in the loose rucks which we see a lot of in League 2, but significantly better all round, this season his crosses especially. Also I think he’s taking on more responsibility, which means when he does cock up it’s highly noticeable – and don’t his critics love to notice.

That said, one or two of the said critics are finally beginning to occasionally acknowledge he may not be completely useless – and with any luck this may catch on. We’ll have to see if they cut him any slack next time he has a real stinker.

Nomination for post of the year and it's only February!

I've no problem with people having an opinion on a player, if a player has a stinker then fair enough but if the same player has a good game atleast a knowledge it!

He set both goals up yesterday which as a winger is his number one job, but as he give a penalty away (I still think it was outside the area) then people say he's had a bad game!

The one on one Shay put wide, if that was McConville people would still be in the stands now berating him...Fact!

monkey hanger 19-02-2017 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1187860)
I have a Stockport County fan mate who loathes him.

one of the most hated players they,ve ever had. no one has a good word for him but didn,t exactly set the world alight there. the thing for me is in my opinion he,s the most improved player in the side from the start of the season and i wasn,t a fan of his. keep it up sean you,re putting a shift in nowadays.

VALAIRIAN 19-02-2017 08:41

Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1187863)

I've no problem with people having an opinion on a player, if a player has a stinker then fair enough but if the same player has a good game atleast a knowledge it!

He set both goals up yesterday which as a winger is his number one job, but as he give a penalty away (I still think it was outside the area) then people say he's had a bad game!

The one on one Shay put wide, if that was McConville people would still be in the stands now berating him...Fact!

That sums it up perfectly ;)

:) :) :)

VALAIRIAN 19-02-2017 08:44

Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a serious note, credit where it is due, Cashy has agreed he was one of the better players yesterday :)

No problem with players being slagged off, as long as when the same player plays well it is recognised :)

cashman 19-02-2017 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 1187863)

Well perhaps if the arse kissers said when he had a bad un it wouldn't be as critical?