Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

Lord Didsbury 14-03-2017 22:10

Re: Sean Mc

Things I learnt tonight:
1. There IS a Sean McConville song

VALAIRIAN 14-03-2017 22:44

Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well... what is there to say about his performance tonight???? :)

He - along with Matty - was close to being my Man of the Match before he scored that screamer :eek: that sealed it for me :)

That being said, Matty chipped in with a couple also...

All in all, a tremendous team performance, but Macca showed some brilliant touches at times tonight - long may it continue :)

:) :) :)

monkey hanger 15-03-2017 08:14

zero to hero in a few months.

baldy 15-03-2017 08:39

Re: Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1189988)
Macca showed some brilliant touches at times tonight - long may it continue :) :) :) :)

Can understand why some people dog him but, Sean has been showing brilliant touches all season mate!

His first touch is probably, one of, if not the best I've ever seen from a Stanley player!

AccyMad 15-03-2017 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1189981)
Things I learnt tonight:
1. There IS a Sean McConville song

There's always been a Sean McConville song - different versions I grant you but there's always been one :rolleyes:

football19 15-03-2017 17:12

Think Pearson playing behind him has improved his consistency,he's always had ability.
Don't think I'd like upsetting Matty ����

KiTChener 15-03-2017 18:40

how many topics have had 1,000 posts?

only saying!

Lord Didsbury 15-03-2017 19:21

In the same way half of Manchester claim to have been to the Sex Pistols gig at the Free Trade Hall, I reckon we'll get a similar response from Stanley fans as they all proclaim: "I've always been Sean's no 1 fan".

maccawozzagod 15-03-2017 19:25

In honour of his current form I'm going to retire from this thread permanently.

Personally I think the problem with Sean is that we all know that he CAN do that but doesnt. Is he told to hold it back? For whatever reason he seems to have been unleashed and we like. More of it please Sean.

Pearson will always endear himself to fans because of his gung ho style, and I think he will win player of the season, but nobody could complain if Sean steams it

cashman 15-03-2017 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury (Post 1190045)
In the same way half of Manchester claim to have been to the Sex Pistols gig at the Free Trade Hall, I reckon we'll get a similar response from Stanley fans as they all proclaim: "I've always been Sean's no 1 fan".

Wrong heres one that won,t whilst he is having a damn good run, no doubt at all. if he actually put his foot in, and remained consistent he would have played at a higher level than us, no doubt about that.

VALAIRIAN 15-03-2017 20:14

Super Sean McConville...!!

One thing that was refreshing last night was the applause that Macca got from the Clayton End (and maybe main stand?) when he was announced as M.O.M. :)

cashman 15-03-2017 20:24

Re: Super Sean McConville...!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1190049)
One thing that was refreshing last night was the applause that Macca got from the Clayton End (and maybe main stand?) when he was announced as M.O.M. :)

It was earned and deserved.

VALAIRIAN 15-03-2017 20:30

Super, Super Sean, Super, Super Sean, Super Sean McConville...!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed Cashy, but often - in the past mainly - it would have been greeted with murmurs and some muted applause :)

Goes to show that - as you have pointed out - how consistent he has been playing - long may it continue :)

Alvin the chipmunk 15-03-2017 21:48

As others have mentioned...we can talk about consistency all we like. But as with many talented 4th division players....if he WAS more consistent he wouldn't be here.

In Coley and Macca we trust.

st06nc2 16-03-2017 16:09

Trust him to play well in a game where it could all be wiped off record if they get wound up