Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

smudgie 13-09-2011 10:00

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 933147)
scoring a high quality hat-trick,and 13 league goals from midfield???,even Ryan,craney etc..didnt manage that!!
Agree with your list of faults tho:)

So jimmys hattrick against Barnet wasnt high class??

football19 13-09-2011 11:19

fair point,but did he score 13 goals that season?,i am not saying for a second i would have him over jimmy,but most teams would accomodate a player who would give you that return(and hes still on a learning curve as well)

cashman 13-09-2011 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 933229)
fair point,but did he score 13 goals that season?,i am not saying for a second i would have him over jimmy,but most teams would accomodate a player who would give you that return(and hes still on a learning curve as well)

well its taking him a long time, he just don't cut the mustard imho. possibly may were he is now but Div2 no way.

football19 13-09-2011 13:54

I know i am very much in the minority,but scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in football,and his style is not akin to the lower leagues,but i truly believe he could hold his own at an higher level,were technique takes over from pace and tackling etc...
That why i found his move a strange one(money orientated,rather than a long term one)

cashman 13-09-2011 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 933252)
I know i am very much in the minority,but scoring goals is the hardest thing to do in football,and his style is not akin to the lower leagues,but i truly believe he could hold his own at an higher level,were technique takes over from pace and tackling etc...
That why i found his move a strange one(money orientated,rather than a long term one)

I think if that were the case,scouts from higher level clubs would have sussed that fact long ago?:confused:

football19 13-09-2011 14:43

Thats a good point that Cashy.I know a few scouts and would love to see there reports on Acci players.
Saying that,no-one took a chance on Jimmy when he left Shrews,despite being a irish under 21 international and a good grounding at liverpool.
Again its all about opinions,and really its only the managers that counts

cashman 13-09-2011 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by football19 (Post 933265)
Thats a good point that Cashy.I know a few scouts and would love to see there reports on Acci players.
Saying that,no-one took a chance on Jimmy when he left Shrews,despite being a irish under 21 international and a good grounding at liverpool.
Again its all about opinions,and really its only the managers that counts

In fairness jimmy has gone slightly higher n deserves it in my opinion, would have like to have seen him in the championship.

AccyMad 13-09-2011 21:15

Sean Mac was there tonight - maybe he's after coming back now Tony Evans has pulled out of the Stockport takeover?? He did ask where he could find Redraine :)

cashman 13-09-2011 22:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 933425)
Sean Mac was there tonight - maybe he's after coming back now Tony Evans has pulled out of the Stockport takeover?? He did ask where he could find Redraine :)

BBC Sport - AFC Telford 1-1 Stockport County think we should pass on that.:hehetable

Redraine 13-09-2011 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 933444)
BBC Sport - AFC Telford 1-1 Stockport County think we should pass on that.:hehetable

I rest my case.:D

Div3North 14-09-2011 10:04

Apparently, as of yesterday, the 2015 consortium is still currently running Stockport County and Stockport County director Tony Evans has withdrawn his proposal to take over the club; the deal, which stalled at the weekend, is now dead (his word, not mine ...........)

See the Non-League page of the BBC Sports News (football section)

:gooddog:

maccawozzagod 14-09-2011 14:48

A couple of posters on the football forum are quoting McConville as Stockports highest earner on £900 a week. He can bloody stop where he is if that's true?,

Grimps 14-09-2011 15:04

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ stay away . go to fleetwood or sith bourgh fc:alright::alright::tongueout:tongueout:tongueout :gooddog:

VALAIRIAN 14-09-2011 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 933581)
A couple of posters on the football forum are quoting McConville as Stockports highest earner on £900 a week. He can bloody stop where he is if that's true?,

Word is Macca, we offered to double (ish) what he was on, but he went for more cash!!!! I am sure that I heard that on a link posted on here just after he signed for them???? :)

AccyAggro 14-09-2011 18:05

Most of Mcconvilles goals were tap ins anyway!

Thought he was over rated most of the time, when the team played well, he did. At times last year he was dire,

I for one wouldnt take him back, left to 'better his career' lower down, let him carry on!