Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Sean Mc (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/sean-mc-58483.html)

fc:stanley 08-07-2011 17:06

Sean Mc

I hope he​ falls flat on his face at Stockport ! Money grabber !! What happened to a footballer​s dreams of wanting to get to the highest they could go? But no , drop a league for a few extra pounds! No loyalty to the fans , the club and especially​ John and Jimmy! He was a nothing before and a nothing now! Good riddance!!

Hes really annoyed me since we gave him his break and would rather go down a league for money !! Tbh , Stockport must be delerious ! In my honest opinion he really isn't that good of a player! He got goals last season but most of time he looked like he could be assed and cost us MASSIVELY in the playoffs!!

lancsdave 08-07-2011 17:30

Re: Sean Mc

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 917421)
I hope he​ falls flat on his face at Stockport ! Money grabber !! What happened to a footballer​s dreams of wanting to get to the highest they could go? But no , drop a league for a few extra pounds! No loyalty to the fans , the club and especially​ John and Jimmy! He was a nothing before and a nothing now! Good riddance!!

Hes really annoyed me since we gave him his break and would rather go down a league for money !! Tbh , Stockport must be delerious ! In my honest opinion he really isn't that good of a player! He got goals last season but most of time he looked like he could be assed and cost us MASSIVELY in the playoffs!!

You seem to contradict yourself by what posted on the other thread about Jacobson :confused:

Quote:

It's not about that though ! It's s job , it's a place of work ! The work place I's ****e at Stanley and has low pay ,

hatter82 08-07-2011 17:32

Dont be so bitter!

I hope he does well for us :)

fc:stanley 08-07-2011 18:12

Dave have you been to stockports training ground recently ? I have . Have you seen there football pitch over the years ! I have! And both are not any better then ares!
Your getting boring now anyway quoting me, got nothing better to do? Walk the dog or something, it's stopped raining now !

ddevil2006 08-07-2011 18:15

remember 1988, they all left, bar Gary Butcher, seen it before Accrington Stanley will carry on, any way in 1988/89 we finished 6th , like the county fan said done be bitter, stanley will always be there for you

mab 08-07-2011 18:33

Now that Stanley have been systematicaly dismantaled and had the heart ripped out of last seasons playoff team,McConville, Ryan, Jacobson, Edwards, Gornall, and Cisak!!! thats 6 of the first eleven that played.Together one from the with the severn ( Jonny Bateson, Andy Parkinson, Chris Turner, Rory Boulding, Zak Riley, Andy Owens and Tom Smyth ) which have be released. With only one Danny Coid coming in at the moment! with our first friendly next wednesday have we a new starting eleven or will it be mainly trilists :( What or should i say who next:(

football19 08-07-2011 18:36

wish the lad all the best,and thank him for some class goals last year.
Still think its a big mistake on his part.
Hes not a forward or winger,so if they dont play a three behind the forward,i think he may not progress as fast as he should,

Kiwi John 08-07-2011 18:50

I'm dissapointed with Sean. I do wish him well, but crikey, what a step backwards. It would seem logical to hang around in the football league and continue to build on his massive improvement of last season, rather than step back in time. Crap about 1 step back to go 2 forward.

smudgie 08-07-2011 18:55

Yes he scored some great goals last season, and he was a massively improved player, however will he be such a big loss???

I dont think so.

Keep the faith!!!

Larry Lobster 08-07-2011 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by fc:stanley (Post 917421)

That makes you sound very bitter. You must remember that, To you Accrington Stanley is a passion for life. To a player, it's a job and usually for just one year.

He may argue that the club could have shown loyalty to him mid season by offering to extend his contract. The same of course can be said of most players. Loyalty is a two way street, and when you are sure of only getting wages for the next 12 months, surely it's natural to take the best offer.

It may turn out to be a good move for him if County bounce straight back. It may turn into a poor move, but he's clearly not on his own in "jumping ship".

Outback Ozzy 08-07-2011 20:04

I am deeply disappointed by this news. Yes I have faith in John and Jimmy to sign the next team in plenty of time, but in this instance, I partially agree with fc:stanley. No loyalty to ythe club, no loyalty to the fans and no family loyalty! the question is, who have we got left? And before someone quotes me the members of the team that have signed deals, remember this, we only have one goalkeeper, the defence is looking a little better (do hope Long signs on again from Burnley) and the midfield is also coming together, but where is our attack?
I do hope all these teams that are nicking our players that have to pay a fee get well and truly stung.

Doug 08-07-2011 20:12

Only supporters have loyalty to their Club; My loyalty is to Accrington Stanley; the name is a living thing. Owners; Managers & Players all come and go at some time, we may love the memory or just bitch like a bunch of girls, but only until their replaced; and they will be. Wish these lads well and let them be on their why; their no longer ours to care about.

Forever Red, forever Stanley. On, Stanley On!

carpon 08-07-2011 20:34

Facing facts, loyalty doesn't rank highly in footballers morals these days. You only have to cast your mind back to last autumn when a certain England centre forward was holding Sir Alex and Man U to ransom...:o

But one thing that has to be remembered is no player is bigger than the club. Players come and players will go, the club will always remain.

Personally, I'm not too disappointed by this news. Best of luck to McConville and all the others who are trying their luck elsewhere. When McConville wanted to , he could look good, however at times he could also look lazy, lethargic, uninterested. As for his sending off in the second leg of the play off game, it showed that the lad still has a lot of growing up to do.:o

Under the stewardship and guidance of the Maestro Coley and his able assistant, he may have developed more. Under the stewardship of an untried manager, playing in what is getting an even harder league to get out of these days.....who knows???:confused:

Although McConville won't need to look far for familiar faces who thought these so called "bigger clubs", playing in a lower league albeit paying better wages were a better option,rather than sticking it out at Stanley. The conference is full of 'em.:rolleyes:

Hopefully we will get suitably compensated,hopefully with some nice sell on / add on clauses of our own structured into these deals for Ryan, Gornell, Cisak and McConville. I'm sure Coley will unearth more unpolished gems. Thanks to the regime change at the top and with the future promising to be hopefully much more financially stable, If Coley can produce the goods and find some more gems, we'll be in a better position to tie them down on longer term deals.

In Coley I trust.

As the great man says....keep the faith !!!!

DAV007 08-07-2011 20:56

How can you have as go at Sean McConville?

Stockport have a new manager and chairman with ambition, who is backing the ambition financially.

Sean is talented and improving, but is realsitic enough to realise he wont make it to the top and has to take every opportunity to maximise his income while he can.

Thanks Sean for the hard work and goals, you will be missed.

However, im sure JC and JB will find another Sean McConville in the coming years.

cashman 08-07-2011 21:05

Hard Work???:confused: give oer Davo, twas only occasionally that! scored some top goals yep n certainly improved last season, but don't get carried away wi his value to the club, which by the way would have increased greatly if his improvement continued n he'd had the sense to stay another season.