Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Checkatrade Trophy -v-Blackpool (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/checkatrade-trophy-v-blackpool-69310.html)

Bob Dobson 09-08-2017 20:25

Checkatrade Trophy -v-Blackpool

My lad has bet me that, when Blackpool come to the Wham on 3rd October in the Checkatrade Trophy, the gate will be less than 1000. He initially estimated 300. In an effort to win his tenner, I am bringing 4 mates over. I urge you to help me - make a note in your diary now. By then, the outcome of the Oyston -v-Belokon court case may be known. I think there will be a good contingent of 'Pool supporters - they will be prepared to come over even though they will not enter Bloomfield Rd whilst Oystons are in charge.

AccyMad 09-08-2017 21:25

Re: Checkatrade Trophy -v-Blackpool

Unfortunately, your son might be right Bob - quite a lot of fans don't agree with the new format for this competition & the gates last season weren't the best if I remember rightly

monkey hanger 10-08-2017 09:41

didn,t go to any chechatrade games last season. used to attend em regularly before this u23 rubbish came in. if we have a chance to qualify to the next stage i,ll go to the snake game though.

Bob Dobson 10-08-2017 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1199186)
didn,t go to any chechatrade games last season. used to attend em regularly before this u23 rubbish came in. if we have a chance to qualify to the next stage i,ll go to the snake game though.

I've not hear
d the term 'snake game' before. Is it what a PNE supporter would call a game against 'the donkey lashers', ie Blackpool ?

AccyMad 10-08-2017 10:24

No Bob, it's the Wigan game - Paul Cook aka 'The Snake' now manager of Wigan

DAV007 10-08-2017 16:51

any further information about Oystons court case?

nowandzen 27-08-2017 10:44

This competition normalises big clubs having more than one team. It's the thin end of a wedge that could force small clubs like ASFC out of the League altogether. Supporting the games implies acceptance of this long-held policy of EFL. Boycotting it shows we are implacably opposed to the idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cashman 27-08-2017 11:01

That is one tournament i would NOT go too if it was free, i am Vehemently opposed to it.i did used to go to em until the under 23 rubbish was introduced.:(

Bob Dobson 27-08-2017 12:56

Nothing heard on the Oyston saga - The result is to be announced in October. Belokon has resigned his position on the board of the club. I am getting the drift about this half-baked competition.

accybeme 27-08-2017 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1200423)
That is one tournament i would NOT go too if it was free, i am Vehemently opposed to it.i did used to go to em until the under 23 rubbish was introduced.:(

I completely agree with you cashy : unfortunately when family members want to go I feel obligated to attend

cashman 27-08-2017 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1200440)
I completely agree with you cashy : unfortunately when family members want to go I feel obligated to attend

I;m glad mine dont live local or even i may have been compelled to go.:eek:plus they aint football fans so safe as houses.:D

AccyMad 27-08-2017 19:02

I'm afraid that once again this season I won't be attending any of the Checkatrade trophy games which is a shame as the club are really trying to attract fans to them with the low admission prices but to me the cheap tickets reflect how the competition has been cheapened by the EFL.
I'll very likely spend more than the equivalent to a ticket price at the club in other ways, extra 50/50 draw tickets or suchlike but I won't be at any of the games

monkey hanger 28-08-2017 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1200443)
I'm afraid that once again this season I won't be attending any of the Checkatrade trophy games which is a shame as the club are really trying to attract fans to them with the low admission prices but to me the cheap tickets reflect how the competition has been cheapened by the EFL.
I'll very likely spend more than the equivalent to a ticket price at the club in other ways, extra 50/50 draw tickets or suchlike but I won't be at any of the games

did the same last season. attendance means you are in agreement with the new format non appearance means you are against it. used to turn up to these games as it really does give the club the chance to play at wembley which might wake the locals up but again the sweet FA have knackered it up for me.

Chewbacca 28-08-2017 19:19

With the Oyston protest and the upset Stanley fan protest, guess the attendance will be like a Dutch auction without the bulbs.

maccawozzagod 29-08-2017 17:34

I'm torn whether to go or not. Monkey Hangar is right that attendance would suggest that people arent bothered about the format BUT I really want to reward Andy's gesture regards the pricing.

This competition is a real chance of Wembley, pays half decent prize money for winnable games, and is a big opportunity to get the kids in.

If I go I'll be using it is an excuse to get the lad to bring a mate or two