Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   January Window?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/january-window-72214.html)

andyd 14-01-2022 16:06

Re: January Window??

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1262573)
promising i think.welcome to stanley.

He was captain of the under 23,s at Palace and a few of their fans saying we,ve signed a good defender future captain material 2 and half year deal much better than loanee,s these young players hungry for first team football.

choirboy 14-01-2022 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeA (Post 1262571)

Could be an excellent signing!
GOOD LUCK JAY:jimbo:
ON STANLEY ON :theband:
:jimbo:

Kiwi John 15-01-2022 14:53

..to many Aussies been on Stanleys book from my perspective . Stanley needs a Kiwi.

Div3North 16-01-2022 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi John (Post 1262625)
..to many Aussies been on Stanleys book from my perspective . Stanley needs a Kiwi.

Isn’t that Antipodean-ist?

:theband::theband::theband:

Crown Grounder 17-01-2022 19:51

As our prime targets seem to have been "Gazumped" it looks normal service has resumed and we will have to wait at the back of the Transfer Line to see's who's left without a club on the 31st........

cashman 17-01-2022 19:52

i doubt that myself.

andyd 17-01-2022 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown Grounder (Post 1262700)
As our prime targets seem to have been "Gazumped" it looks normal service has resumed and we will have to wait at the back of the Transfer Line to see's who's left without a club on the 31st........

I personally think we will have another keeper before weekend.

StanleyJosh 18-01-2022 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1262702)
I personally think we will have another keeper before weekend.

Frees up a wage if we don’t get one in however. Could always sign an emergency loan if needed short term.

andyd 18-01-2022 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by StanleyJosh (Post 1262703)
Frees up a wage if we don’t get one in however. Could always sign an emergency loan if needed short term.

You could well be right Josh as long has the spare wage is used on another player coming in a striker is a must in my opinion been gazumped on one so it,s a guessing game as to if there is another target lined up, hope so because I think we are a striker short of being a top six side.

Twenty Eight 18-01-2022 10:07

Quote:

Risky strategy that. One game away from injury / suspension and then what ?
If we can get an emergency why not bite the bullet and just get one in till end of season ?
I'm still looking at the exit door as well. Very quiet but there must be interest in our players.

andyd 18-01-2022 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twenty Eight (Post 1262706)
Risky strategy that. One game away from injury / suspension and then what ?
If we can get an emergency why not bite the bullet and just get one in till end of season ?
I'm still looking at the exit door as well. Very quiet but there must be interest in our players.

Should imagine there his plenty of interest Bishop, Savin, Sykes who his in his last six months of contract Butcher plus a few others but until the bell tolls we carry on.I have to agree on the goalie scenario an experienced head would be ideal but wages are always an issue.

monkey hanger 18-01-2022 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1262705)
You could well be right Josh as long has the spare wage is used on another player coming in a striker is a must in my opinion been gazumped on one so it,s a guessing game as to if there is another target lined up, hope so because I think we are a striker short of being a top six side.

So true. If charles had not been so stupid and played like he previously did i,m sure even with injuries stanley would have beeb there or thereabouts the play off positions. does coley go all out for another now or wait till the summer to bring someone else in. doubt the club are going to bother the play off or relegation places now even with loads of games left to play.

VALAIRIAN 18-01-2022 16:55

Quote:

In my opinion, that would be very short sighted!

I mentioned to Choirboy before the game - when the goalies were warming up - that Isherwood is only a young kid and that if something happened in the first 5 minutes (injury/red card) we could be in trouble....

When Toby cut his eye in the first 10 minutes, it was a concern.

Toby could play the next 50 games without any problem, but he could also be out for the next 50 in the blink of an eye!

Keeper required :)

:)

andyd 18-01-2022 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN (Post 1262713)
In my opinion, that would be very short sighted!

I mentioned to Choirboy before the game - when the goalies were warming up - that Isherwood is only a young kid and that if something happened in the first 5 minutes (injury/red card) we could be in trouble....

When Toby cut his eye in the first 10 minutes, it was a concern.

Toby could play the next 50 games without any problem, but he could also be out for the next 50 in the blink of an eye!

Keeper required :)

:)

Exactly my thoughts when he went down.

StanleyJosh 18-01-2022 21:37

Wouldn’t be surprised if another of our loanees was recalled due to lack of play time.