Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   January Window?? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/january-window-72214.html)

VALAIRIAN 06-12-2021 16:58

January Window??

A little bit early - granted - but, what are the thoughts??

Do we need anybody in?

Are we afraid of losing anybody?

Loanees???

:) :) :)

cashman 06-12-2021 17:43

Re: January Window??

i think we need a good left back plus a striker. plus keep the lads we have.

Exile on Spencer St 06-12-2021 19:16

Well, as you ask and Xmess is coming up, can we have Matty Pearson back, please, Santa?

andyd 06-12-2021 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1260723)
i think we need a good left back plus a striker. plus keep the lads we have.

Absolutely agree with left back and striker but I would also like an experienced keeper as back up for the young talented keeper's we have Charles hopefully will be shipped out.

cashman 06-12-2021 19:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 1260726)
Absolutely agree with left back and striker but I would also like an experienced keeper as back up for the young talented keeper's we have Charles hopefully will be shipped out.

I hope no-one comes in for charles it will serve the prat right. in fact i doubt if anyone wants his attiude.

Exile on Spencer St 06-12-2021 20:19

There may be some clubs willing to ‘buy’ Charles if only to offset their tax liability but to leave him sitting on a bench or used in training. To some owners, players are just ‘assets’ after all.
But if no one does offer to buy him, I don’t know if he’s wise enough to swallow his pride and to show us and the rest of the league what he can do on the pitch for the last three months of the season.
Of course, if he does have a change of mind, he’s made his task of getting back into and staying in the team very difficult.
Is he up to such a challenge?

Watchdog 07-12-2021 06:51

Left Back.
Experienced Centre Half. Someone who can organize the back line.
Striker

monkey hanger 07-12-2021 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St (Post 1260733)
There may be some clubs willing to ‘buy’ Charles if only to offset their tax liability but to leave him sitting on a bench or used in training. To some owners, players are just ‘assets’ after all.
But if no one does offer to buy him, I don’t know if he’s wise enough to swallow his pride and to show us and the rest of the league what he can do on the pitch for the last three months of the season.
Of course, if he does have a change of mind, he’s made his task of getting back into and staying in the team very difficult.
Is he up to such a challenge?

possibility of a NO on all counts. we now know why others did not take the gamble on him before stanley did. certainly had the ability but not the character needed.

cashman 07-12-2021 14:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkey hanger (Post 1260768)
possibility of a NO on all counts. we now know why others did not take the gamble on him before stanley did. certainly had the ability but not the character needed.

that could possibly be the answer?

VALAIRIAN 12-12-2021 14:29

Big blow losing Joel for the season, if you add Dion, plus the very, very high chance of Colby going, I think we will need some additions in the striking department in a couple of weeks?? :)

andyd 27-12-2021 15:45

Charles could be one of the first deals in the window with Bolton set to offer between £250000 and £300000, will be advantageous to us if this his the case hopefully nobody else to leave unless the money and the move is right for the player, incoming Coleman says he has a few targets striker a must for me and possibly left back although Amankwah played well in that position yesterday.

VALAIRIAN 27-12-2021 16:29

Agree with you Andy, sorry to see Dion go and the way it ended was not good, but the sooner it is sorted the better and if we get anyway near that amount - great :)

Left back and strikers - definitely, Dion, Joel and more than likely Colby gone - that leaves.......

cashman 27-12-2021 17:03

going off boxing day, i think we got the best squad since our league return. colby will be missed but if he goes the dosh we get should buy an adequate replacement i think.

Tin Monkey 01-01-2022 11:11

With the window now open, let's fire up the rumour mill and wish lists.

I wonder if there's any truth to the Kayden to return rumour? I find it an exciting thought anyway ��

VALAIRIAN 01-01-2022 12:28

I have heard Bobby Grant is on his way back ;)

:)