Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2011, 06:05   #31

Re: A Fresh Start?

Seems funny in a way everyones stressing because a game got called off and that's what's triggered a lot of this on here let's be honest. I've felt like that since the Save Our Club fiasco when Oneil and Whalley didn't do anything to help our club and I vowed not to return although Ive come close on occasions.

Problem you have is that they trot out Jimmy and Coley (who have done a brilliant job) and ask you to get behind the team and hide behind them ruining the club. If your going to achieve anything you need someone to stand up and be counted to take over otherwise who is ?

I don't see you have much choice really you either go and support the team through thick and thin or you refuse to go which financially cripples the club and would probably lead to it's downfall. I'm sorry to say I did the latter but that's just me cutting off my nose as usual.

I wish you all good luck but its their train set as they say and they have shown before they would rather it went bust than hand it over. They don't deserve the support of the excellent people on here or in Accrington who spend their hard earned money to watch the club and see it being slowly ruined.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2011, 09:16   #32
Super Moderator

Seems to me that this cancelled match may have its bright side if it turns out to be the turning point that galvanises us into action, especially as Macca seems to be having his "Jack Barrett moment"!

You may right, Shurm, and nothing will shift this contemptible pair, but we can't just stand by and watch them run our club into the ground. I'm still hopeful that Ilyas has something up his sleeve, but even if the worst happens, we'll at least know that we tried. The important thing now is to make sure as many of the Stanley faithful turn up for the march as possible. I realise that some can't, due to age, infirmity etc, but if we got 500 or more, it would certainly give 'em something to think about.

Also, Shurm, I would urge you and other stayaways to at least turn up for the march. If you don't want to go on the match afterwards, fair enough, but this is your chance to show your feelings!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 09:26   #33

If I showed my feelings I wouldn't be let in anyway and more than likely taken away in the back of a van !!!
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 09:27   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

not just shurm, other members on here, i respect yer viewpoint n choice to stay away, but this March must be a must fer all that are fit n able, like wyn if yehs dont wanna go on after fair enough, but the more march the better chance of a result. IMHO. i know of others that dont come on here, shall do me best to speak to em before the Torquay game. "remember Egypt"
Old 13-02-2011, 09:57   #35
Full Member+

Egypt also had a lot of damage done in the streets etc,OK the demonstrators went back to clean up, but damage we don't want, just a march.with as much media coverage as possible, if this is to work .

While I'm here I am puzzled that IF David O Neil really has paid Eric Whalley so much money, why has David not sued Eric or asked for the money back ? it just dosn't make sense.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 10:06   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
While I'm here I am puzzled that IF David O Neil really has paid Eric Whalley so much money, why has David not sued Eric or asked for the money back ? it just dosn't make sense.

Probably becuase it was 'some sort of arrangement' and not one that would stand up in court
Old 13-02-2011, 10:25   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Egypt also had a lot of damage done in the streets etc,OK the demonstrators went back to clean up, but damage we don't want, just a march.with as much media coverage as possible, if this is to work .

really greeny i was referring to the principle of the action not wrecking the town.
Old 13-02-2011, 11:41   #38
Full Member+

I know that Cashy but it dosn't have to be a "marcher" to start anything , by standers are often the root and retaliation follows .Only needs a snide remark from someone .
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 11:45   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I know that Cashy but it dosn't have to be a "marcher" to start anything , by standers are often the root and retaliation follows .Only needs a snide remark from someone .
that may be the case, but i feel the march is something that must be done, using all publicity that can be procured, as its the only way the ordinary fan can send a message that just may be heard, cos owt else aint done any good.
Old 13-02-2011, 11:52   #40
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
that may be the case, but i feel the march is something that must be done, using all publicity that can be procured, as its the only way the ordinary fan can send a message that just may be heard, cos owt else aint done any good.
Quite right. I'm so riled up, I feel like starting to march now!

Greeny, we promise we won't drop any litter, honest!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 11:59   #41

i know feelings are running high n rightly so,but we do not want a tin pot march i would suggest that someone(macca maybe?) inform the police etc that this march is planned and that we abide by all the rules,regs health safety advice given.......that way at least the fans do everything by the book unlike the club

Im not be fussy but there will be all ages there from very young to the old we dont need any bad press for not doing it by the book

Last edited by katei77; 13-02-2011 at 12:01.
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 12:14   #42
God Member

Some real heartfelt messages on this thread that bring a lump to the throat and are echoed by all fans or who hold ASFC dear to them.

Messages that have been building slowly on other threads for a while, questions that reamain unanswered and just keep choking the Club and fans by remaining unresolved.

I also share BDC's worries that having very little income over the last few months there will be pressing worries on what I can only imagine are already exhausted budgets with little revenue streams at the moment.

Which then it goes back to the catch 22 situation as put by Rob Heys in the Obby on Friday.

To come back to some of the other points a start up again scenario is not really the right path however I understand the feeling.

Taking a ten point hit is not really an option either in my mind as that could end up bringing about the same scenario.

There is only one plausible and true way forward and that is with the backing of Ilyas and the "Community Club" ethos.

I just hope that is still on the table?

Can protests help bring that about or will it hinder it by forcing people to perhaps dig their heels in more?

But as others have commented things like protests do sometimes work, the ones SM mentions at Liverpool were structured, well coordinated and communicated to the media, LFC fans, Police etc. and no doubt help to bring about the changes the happened.

Houses within the streets around Anfield, cars parked up all bore posters of what they were trying to achieve with their protests

Spirit Of Shankly – Liverpool Supporters' Union a look at their aims shows a lot of mirror images to our own.

Maybe a "68" moment is upon on us again?

I hope beyond all hope that we once again can have a Club that we are all rightfully proud of

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2011, 12:24   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Can protests help bring that about or will it hinder it by forcing people to perhaps dig their heels in more?

It could also actually show support to those doing their best to get rid of the rubbish that they might want order a skip quicker

Even the worlds hardest dictators have shifted due to public pressure
Old 13-02-2011, 12:26   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
i know feelings are running high n rightly so,but we do not want a tin pot march i would suggest that someone(macca maybe?) inform the police etc that this march is planned and that we abide by all the rules,regs health safety advice given.......that way at least the fans do everything by the book unlike the club

Im not be fussy but there will be all ages there from very young to the old we dont need any bad press for not doing it by the book
Spot on must be done in the correct manner, thats a lesson those 2 should have took on board.
Old 13-02-2011, 12:34   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
i would suggest that someone(macca maybe?) inform the police etc that this march is planned .

Probably end up starting on the Crown car park then

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..