Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-06-2009, 14:31   #46
Senior Member+

Re: A.S.F.C. FF Bid.....

Thanks for the long reply, Rob.

But the questions remain unanswered:
1. Do the committee members have specific designated roles? (Or will they have, in due course?)
2. Will the names of the committee be announced publicly?

If the FF is representing the fans, it's only right that the fans know who is looking after their interests.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-06-2009, 14:57   #47
God Member

oops - there I go with misrepresentation again!

yes, technically The Don is not yet chairman (or his he?) but what I had meant was that at the third meeting we were told that by the following day there would be a press announcment that Eric had stepped down.
Old 23-06-2009, 15:08   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
:
1. Do the committee members have specific designated roles? (Or will they have, in due course?)

yes and no. At this point we have elected a chairman, treasurer, secretary and three directors. At the moment nobody else has a 'position' but no doubt we will make people responsible for different things. This will happen as we go along. At the moment I seem to be chief firefighter

Quote:
:2. Will the names of the committee be announced publicly?

yes, there is no great conspiracy. I sent an email to everybody concerned last night imploring that we should put this information out as soon as possible. I have had some responses but not all. Nobody has yet given a reason why not to do but it is only right that I/we should wait on all responses. To my mind once you agree to stand up in office you automatically agree to publication of basic detail. But the last comment made at the last meeting was that for the moment there would be no announcements made - I personally felt that related to our aims and directions as they were not cast iron. It's not for me to go against the wishes of the majority. The other thing is that I think that the elected people should announce themselves. Again though this is all something that would be on the website as soon as it is launched.

Quote:
:If the FF is representing the fans, it's only right that the fans know who is looking after their interests.
correct
Old 23-06-2009, 16:42   #49
Senior Member+

Thanks, Rob.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 16:59   #50
Member.

I do hope that people don’t think were cribbing about these issues Rob, we know that things will get and get done properly. But it’s not easy when you’re out of the loop and miles away from the social networks around the club and the town. Its **** awful when you don’t know what’s going on, more so when we’re worrying about the activities of the club as well.

I hope that the website is up and running soon.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 17:21   #51

Know what you mean Doug. Living far over yonder hill from Accy and thus deprived of social interwotsit with the 'in-crowd' is particularly frustrating at times such as now. Thank goodness we have Accy based pals posting on this forum or we would really be stuffed with the absence of a professional club website. Currently living surrounded by boxes waiting for the folks buying my house to sign on the dotted line - just as we're all waiting for dotted lines to be signed at Stanley ! - so I'm experiencing double stress. Cheers Macca for your updates. Has Phil Edwards & Jimmy Ryan signed yet ?
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 17:37   #52
God Member

Smile Re: A.S.F.C. FF Bid.....

Keep your eye's on Accyweb, sure stuff will be around soon..

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 17:39   #53
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

It's no difference if you live in Accrington you still don't know what's going on.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2009, 18:20   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
It's no difference if you live in Accrington you still don't know what's going on.
As Macca has said already Baggy, there is not much to report... The FF as was is now the A.S.S.F. There is a chair,treasurer,secretary plus directors. The chair plus one met up with The DON, basic meeting - no takeover/buy out, just explained what A.S.S.F. Was about and that is about it... Not much else to say but will fill in more gaps - hopefully - after next weeks meeting...

Old 23-06-2009, 20:34   #55
Senior Member+

Is the ASSF a bit like The Freemasons?
Old 23-06-2009, 21:24   #56
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I wouldn't go that far but I would have liked things to move a bit more quickly, from an outsiders view it seems the momentum we had is going but what do I know.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 23-06-2009, 21:25   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
Not at all TM, as posted previously, there is not a great deal to tell and that is the truth, plus it is open and honest....

Old 23-06-2009, 21:43   #58
God Member

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far but I would have liked things to move a bit more quickly, from an outsiders view it seems the momentum we had is going but what do I know.
On that point Baggy, I think Macca has posted already that a few weeks ago the club had a pretty short deadline - hence the FF - that deadline was met and the taxman is happy at the moment. The momentum has slowed as the priorities as such have changed. Hopefully after the next A.S.S.F. meeting there will be more meat on the bones...

Old 23-06-2009, 21:49   #59
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
On that point Baggy, I think Macca has posted already that a few weeks ago the club had a pretty short deadline - hence the FF - that deadline was met and the taxman is happy at the moment. The momentum has slowed as the priorities as such have changed. Hopefully after the next A.S.S.F. meeting there will be more meat on the bones...
Yes I can understand that but I'm a revolutionary and the new season is creeping up on us, time is money, talk is cheap and all that.

Old 23-06-2009, 21:58   #60
God Member

Quote:
Yes I can understand that but I'm a revolutionary and the new season is creeping up on us, time is money, talk is cheap and all that.
Know what you are saying Baggy, but we have got a few to sign up - old and new - and I believe the club are working hard to work deals for others.. You need to concentrate on matters closer to home and ensure that your lot still have a midfield capable of going one step further next season

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..