Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 17:43   #1
Junior Member+

A song for Stanley

Hello folks

I don't suppose any of you heard the new song we have produced for Stanley which was covered on the Bee news this week? My school, along with our resident music teacher - a very talented singer songwriter in too - have written a catchy pop song for ASFC. The final track has been completed and recorded in a studio and it sounds great.
Some of the staff at the club have already heard it and the feedback has been fantastic. Through the school, we hope to produce the track on CD single and hopefully the club will be able to sell copies through the shop and play over the speaker system.
If anyone would like me to email them a copy for a listen I am happy to do so. The children have worked really hard on this and we want to give them some recognition for their efforts. We would love to hear your thoughts!

Pete
Stanleyelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-07-2013, 18:06   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: A song for Stanley

Sounds good to me, well done the kids.
Old 05-07-2013, 18:15   #3
Junior Member+

if you fancy a listen email me at [email protected] and I will send you a copy. Cheers cashman.
Old 05-07-2013, 18:26   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleyelite View Post
if you fancy a listen email me at [email protected] and I will send you a copy. Cheers cashman.
Job done. cheers.
Old 05-07-2013, 18:50   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just listened ta, well done, much better than the usual corny football song.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:28   #6
God Member

Email sent

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:32   #7
Junior Member+

Thanks gents. I have sent on the track. Get your feet tapping to the sound of Stanley :-)
Old 06-07-2013, 12:39   #8
God Member

[email protected] please Peter. I'll bung it in the file with the other Stanley songs (nearly enough for an album now!)
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:58   #9
Junior Member+

will do bud - I will sent you it now.
Old 06-07-2013, 14:00   #10
God Member

cheers Pete, got it.

Here goes,

At first I wasn't overly keen, it sounded a bit like 10 other songs where it was simple words to a simple tune and didn't feel like a football song. That's not really a criticism of it as a piece, just an observation that football songs HAVE to fit into a certain type of music and that's not easy to do. But then it got going and the kids chorus joined in more, I loved it then! As easy as it sounds to just put in some existing types of football chants it still has to work, and it did for me. I possibly think the Stanley clap clap, Stanley clap clap went on a little too long as it sounded great moving form that to the singer bringing Accrington back in, so I'd possibly prefer that to happen 2 or 3 times. But all in all I think it's a great effort. As I was listening I couldn't help wondering how many of those kids would have some kind of Accringtonesque pride instilled into them whilst belting out the words, not just Stanleyfied, but Accyfied.

A few years ago I wanted to do something very similar but bringing in every Year 6 child in the borough and making it into a competition. Every school would try to write a song and the winning entry would sing it live on the pitch at the final game of the season. Every entrant would get a Stanley shirt or season ticket on the back of it and all entrants would come along to that final game not knowing who had won. It never ended up happening for a variety of reasons Peter, but maybe on the back of this it is something that the Community team could look into?

Fantastic effort and I think the club should put it onto their news page with a download button to save you emailing it to everyone. AND they should look to having it performed at the Portsmouth game on the pitch as pre-match or half time entertainment.
Old 08-07-2013, 16:13   #11
Junior Member+

Thanks Macca,
I felt the same as you at first. The children, with a bit of help, came up with the words and the musician had to write the tune around their ideas. We also wanted it to be about the town and the club and not just Stanley to try and appeal to a wider audience. It could maybe have done with another verse but I wasn't gonna push them - it took long enough to get that much out of them :-)

Decent effort though. I know none of them attend the games (up to now) but they have a real buzz for the club now and want to come up and sing to the crowd and hear it over the tannoy. Fingers crossed they might get the chance.
Old 08-07-2013, 19:10   #12
Senior Member+

I have replied to Stanleyite with a PM, but now put it to this wider audience,. I liked it but thought the choris slightly over-long. I hope the club will give it a go, by putting the words into the programme and employing their Google Page Ranking team on publicising it.

Whilst on about publicity - I am fed up of receiving a daily bulletin from the Telegraph with the same item leading after about ten days. If their reporters don't phone the ground daily, then the Google Page Ranking mteam should be phoniong them and giving them snippets, such as about what they are doing about this song.

How long will it take for one of the Google Page Ranking team to make a statement in relation to this posting on 8th July.?
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 19:20   #13

Ha ha, I know what you mean Bob. Every morning for the last two weeks I have opened my emails at work to be greeted with "Stanley sign defender hunt."
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:57   #14
God Member

we'd not go so far wrong with 14 Hunts ...
smobile likes this.
Old 09-07-2013, 13:23   #15
Senior Member+

I've just read my posting No 12 - when I typed Google Page Ranking, Google interpreted it wrongly. I was referring to the Stanley Press Officers. Maybe this will be second time lucky.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..