Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree47Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2014, 09:58   #46

Re: Afc Wimbledon Match Thread.

"This called the fabulous Joanna Lumley into action and he responded admirably"

I wondered how long it would be!!!
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-09-2014, 12:11   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
"This called the fabulous Joanna Lumley into action and he responded admirably"

I wondered how long it would be!!!
Absolutely fabulous!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 16:58   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Absolutely fabulous!
dGOS7M10XggPj1V6TdV5EGV2HApSMSRJElzZeTVHwf/9k=
DAV007 likes this.

Last edited by yonmon; 14-09-2014 at 17:05.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 17:13   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
And make of that what you will !!.....a correction to follow !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 19:03   #50

Quote:
And make of that what you will !!.....a correction to follow !
Come on Yonmon! I'm dying to know what it is you're trying to post.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 21:28   #51

Quote:

Supercalofragilisticexpialidocious?
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 07:50   #52
Senior Member+

The goal (at 5:32):
League Two Round-Up - 14th Sept | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 08:13   #53
God Member

If it's the "coverage" I saw last night, I blinked and missed Stanley's game.
Is it just me or is Sky's web coverage of League 2 games pretty perfunctory this year?
Old 15-09-2014, 08:52   #54
Senior Member+

A great performance by the team and Paul Stevo.
Matt Tubbs and Akinfenwa have scoed loads of goals over the years at this level. Remember the big guy scored a hat trick against us last season! So I was glad that they left their shooting boots at home.
But actually, our boys fully deserved the three points...

Talking of "Coverage", I bought the 'Football League Newspaper' yesterday and the scores for some of our lads were; Adam Buxton = 5, Joe Lumley = 8, Cal Naismith = 9 and a place for Cal in 'The League 2 Team of the Week'.
I wonder......do these people actually have an observer at all of the League matches?
Cal had quite a good game but I certainly agree with lots of previous posters that Adam Buxton was our 'Man of the Match' yesterday... although the 'Absolutely Fabulous' JOE Lumley became a worthy candidate late on for making a couple of outstanding saves! Well Done to both lads for outstanding performances but also to Cal and the rest of the boys too.
Procky has certainly made a big difference adding the steel and industry that we have been missing in this area of the pitch. Yes, he did do a great a job on Akinfenwa in the first half as did Rob Atkinson in the second half. Procky's height in the air is very welcome too and in the first half he stood in front of Akinfenwa for every long ball, (and there were lots), from Wimbledon's keeper and defence. He won virtually everything here! So well done and welcome home. Procky looked to be nearer to full match fitness too!
I wonder if Adam could be even more potent in midfield with his strong skilful running at defenders. This would depend on Liddle getting really fit or Deano coming back in here or finding another 'true' left back in the loan market perhaps.
All in all, a great performance and a performance that cheered me up too!
I don't think that we should rush into an early appointment. We should definitely give Paul Stevenson a few matches at the helm in a similar way that we did with Leam when he was left in charge. Could save a bit on wages too. not a bad idea to get Nicky Hunt into the coaching side of things too with his broad experience at all levels of the game.
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 09:08   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
A great performance by the team and Paul Stevo.
Matt Tubbs and Akinfenwa have scoed loads of goals over the years at this level. Remember the big guy scored a hat trick against us last season! So I was glad that they left their shooting boots at home.
But actually, our boys fully deserved the three points...

Talking of "Coverage", I bought the 'Football League Newspaper' yesterday and the scores for some of our lads were; Adam Buxton = 5, Joe Lumley = 8, Cal Naismith = 9 and a place for Cal in 'The League 2 Team of the Week'.
I wonder......do these people actually have an observer at all of the League matches?
Cal had quite a good game but I certainly agree with lots of previous posters that Adam Buxton was our 'Man of the Match' yesterday... although the 'Absolutely Fabulous' JOE Lumley became a worthy candidate late on for making a couple of outstanding saves! Well Done to both lads for outstanding performances but also to Cal and the rest of the boys too.
Procky has certainly made a big difference adding the steel and industry that we have been missing in this area of the pitch. Yes, he did do a great a job on Akinfenwa in the first half as did Rob Atkinson in the second half. Procky's height in the air is very welcome too and in the first half he stood in front of Akinfenwa for every long ball, (and there were lots), from Wimbledon's keeper and defence. He won virtually everything here! So well done and welcome home. Procky looked to be nearer to full match fitness too!
I wonder if Adam could be even more potent in midfield with his strong skilful running at defenders. This would depend on Liddle getting really fit or Deano coming back in here or finding another 'true' left back in the loan market perhaps.
All in all, a great performance and a performance that cheered me up too!
I don't think that we should rush into an early appointment. We should definitely give Paul Stevenson a few matches at the helm in a similar way that we did with Leam when he was left in charge. Could save a bit on wages too. not a bad idea to get Nicky Hunt into the coaching side of things too with his broad experience at all levels of the game.
ON STANLEY ON
Nice to see fans singing from the same hymn sheet....
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 09:09   #56
Senior Member+

just watched the highlights and cant work out how Buxton popped up in centre mid !,not complaining tho and his reverse ball to grey was excellent (although their fullback will be disappointed).
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 10:59   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
A great performance by the team and Paul Stevo.:
....that cheered me up too!

ON STANLEY ON
Nice to see fans commenting on the game.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..